• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

I think it hit "don't really hate each other and semi-care" and kind of stayed there after like episode 3 or episode 5 or something

Some of the conversations and body language are really in line with a mother & daughter and only really started become prominent after Michiko rescued Hatchin from the circus. For example, the Michiko at the start of the show wouldn't have comforted Hatchin the way she did after she met that amnesiac boy. The body language displayed between the two at the start of this episode was absolutely not their near the start of the series.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Some of the conversations and body language are really in line with a mother & daughter and only really started become prominent after Michiko rescued Hatchin from the circus. For example, the Michiko at the start of the show wouldn't have comforted Hatchin the way she did after she met that amnesiac boy. The body language displayed between the two at the start of this episode was absolutely not their near the start of the series.

Yea, a lot of the changes in their relationship have been very subtle until this episode.

Which is funny, because if you read the novel he actually had to stop being lazy because he became a official ambassador and stuff

I bet it's still less work than being hokage.

Those just strike me as moments that could've happened at any point after the initial episodes; the show hasn't really built up to them, it just waited a long time to bring them out

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

Yea, a lot of the changes in their relationship have been very subtle until this episode.

I bet it's still less work than being hokage.

Indeed

Seda

filler or not, and slowing down the action, I appreciate that shikamaru can actually hold a conversation with his sensei

Korigama

M&H sucks because it has all the technical prowess and talent behind it and does nothing with it. I'd rather watch something terrible like GXP again cause at least that was entertaining at how completely inept it was.
WHOA, whoa, whoa...M&H isn't really working for me either, but man. GXP was, and still is, the absolute worst thing that Toonami has aired post-revival. Even as a trainwreck, it failed to be entertaining. Just an awful, awful show that drains the soul with every episode (and the one exception where they actually seemed to be going somewhere dropped the one interesting plot point it introduced, and then never revisited it again after that episode ended).

Not even watching Naruto, as usual. Just wanted to emphasize how thoroughly terrible, dumb, bad, and wrong GXP is as a work of entertainment.

Regiruler

I flip my
latest

fiendish chain

I recall Shikamaru and Sakura getting some solo scenes coming up, or maybe it's a bit later on.

Maybe they were anime only.

Weird looking back on it.
I remember the anime shipping Naruto and Sakura a shit load.
even though Kishi apparently super shipped Naruto and Hinata

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom