• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHOA, whoa, whoa...M&H isn't really working for me either, but man. GXP was, and still is, the absolute worst thing that Toonami has aired post-revival. Even as a trainwreck, it failed to be entertaining. Just an awful, awful show that drains the soul with every episode (and the one exception where they actually seemed to be going somewhere dropped the one interesting plot point it introduced, and then never revisited it again after that episode ended).

Not even watching Naruto, as usual. Just wanted to emphasize how thoroughly terrible, dumb, bad, and wrong GXP is as a work of entertainment.

I rewatched GXP a while back because I got it into my head that I was gonna rewatch everything that aired on this block, and yeah, it's not actually entertaining in a bad way; it's just this fucking lifeless, unfunny pile of shit that feels like it goes on forever

LOLDSFAN

Yeah next episode is the climax

yzYF3UV.gif

Smoking is terrible for you

We all get this

Saying how much money Tobacco companies make of you isn't the way to make people not smoke

Just show like what it does to your body and what happens to people who smoke for their whole life

That'd be far more effective then this stupid shit

We all get this

Saying how much money Tobacco companies make of you isn't the way to make people not smoke

Just show like what it does to your body and what happens to people who smoke for their whole life

No but the kids wont understand, they need internet memes to understand!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Shikamaru's plan is to blow him and throw the body in a well? Goddamn, only guy on this block who has used their brain so far tonight.

Crocodile

Mike Tyson Mysteries is a show I'm sure is terrible by most objective measure but I liked the first season a lot.

Those just strike me as moments that could've happened at any point after the initial episodes; the show hasn't really built up to them, it just waited a long time to bring them out

How else would you better express their changing relationship in a manner that wasn't hugely drastic and head turning? I think the subtlety is a good thing and I feel there has been an overall linear progression with the circus escapade being the biggest turning point for them so far. Michiko & Hatchin are flawed characters but what I've really come to appreciate is that I feel they are flawed in ways real people might be flawed (with some leeway). Usually anime tries to turn up the melodrama up to 100% or have characters act inhumanly stupid but Michiko acts in a childish, bitchy way that reflects her "low status" upbringing. She could easily be the product of a subpar "ghetto" or projects.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

We all get this

That is ironic with this scene which he technically is smoking lol

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
In the manga, Shikamaru starts smoking.
The anime cuts this out as no one under 20 is allowed to smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom