• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

You're a freshman Soul, you are WAY to young to be worried about passing.

Being a senior rocks. Coast my way to victory!

Soulflarz

Banned
You're a freshman Soul, you are WAY to young to be worried about passing.

Being a senior rocks. Coast my way to victory!

PLS

I studied 3 days

As in, I haven't done the thing I enjoy (play games) for 3 days, minus like 45m

I FEEL PURE DESPAIR.

That was not fun.

I'm actually really on top of things this semester to my surprise...

Socially on the other hand...

tumblr_n8aa9uDHU01qf2l7vo1_540.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm actually really on top of things this semester to my surprise...

Socially on the other hand...

tumblr_n8aa9uDHU01qf2l7vo1_540.jpg

In the dusty basement where we met
May you surprised me so much
Because you’re talking now
I gotta find the truth from many fights
But I’m all alone
You’re the only one who can help me out
We’ll be as one

We’re ready to fight
Look over there
They try to kill us for stars
Our bond has got much stronger than before

<Chorus>
*Don’t lose your way in your mind
We have to be as one
Don’t be afraid my sweetheart
This is the way to be more strong
Harbour my deep secret
It makes me so blue
Run through this game before my body is dry

<Rap>
So it seems there’s no other choice
But to go all out
Stay with me and let’s stand out
and outshine those trying to get our stars now
All we have to do is figure out how strong we are
and what it takes to stay alive
Sync and learn what we can do to take ’em down
It’s revenge and survive
For now, we know in part
And you can feel my heart
So help me to stay focused so I don’t fall apart
I wanna be complete
It’s not in me to retreat
I could lose on my own so I really need you with me

I gotta find out who killed my dad
I hear the voice of you in my mind
I gotta find out who killed my dad
I hear the voice of you in my mind so

<Rap>
My blood is pumping
I’m ready to fight when you are
Let’s let no one break the bond that is ours
Show them what it means to be a shining star
You have my body
Let’s fight as one

Can’t move my feet in the dark
I don’t wanna be all alone
Can’t feel the heat in my blood
Do you remember what he said

*Repeat chorus

<Rap>
I really need you with me
Help me to stay focused
I wanna be complete
Fight as one with me
Let’s take ’em down
Be a shining star
You have my body
I’m ready to fight when you are

QNIWlxz.gif

Heard Papenbrook in Graces F for the first time. Didn't think he was that bad, especially considering how bad his character is.

Great game though.

Mizerman

First time I've heard of Papenbrook was his role of Guan Ping starting in Dynasty Warriors 5.

At the time, I didn't know it was him.

Actually, Durarara was the first time I've heard of Papenbrook, before SAO/BE/AoT. He channeled the smugness of Masaomi pretty effectively.

Same here, yo. He's been in other stuff before apparently but Durarara was the first time I can recall hearing him. As much flak as we give his characters, dude is a fantastic VA.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Fully agree. He CAN get assigned good roles, & I still stand by the fact that his acting in Danganronpa 2 as Nagisa is amazing & probably one of his best. It's just that the characters he voices tend to suck, i.e. Kirito & Erin & really, none of that is his fault.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Most of you probably heard of Bryce Papenbrook long before you realized. He was Vash the Stampede in Trigun.

Young Vash, that is. :)

I thought GL was pretty mediocre other than the last episodes. Expected it to be some revolutionary show after the absurd hype people gave it before airing.

Raxus

GL suffers from its hype because part of the beauty of the show is watching it slowly build up to bigger and bigger battles.

ckohler

You guys joke about Yoko but I wonder if she ever married. She did have two of her great loves of her life die right in front of her eyes only hours after they got serious. It probably put the poor girl off relationships forever. All we see of her at the end is an old teacher by herself. :/

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
When I was a kid, I looked at Goku and Chichi's relationship as cute.

Now that I'm older I look, and think damn, that relationship is dysfunctional as all hell.
Yep, but that goes for almost everyone in that universe. When you get older, you realize that Krillin, Gohan and Vidal are the only ones who have their lives in order, even though you laughed at them so much as a child.

... Wait, is that DBZ's (accidental) moral?

I thought GL was pretty mediocre other than the last episodes. Expected it to be some revolutionary show after the absurd hype people gave it before airing.

I'd say Gurren is great, but there are definitely some issues with it.

Splitting it into 4 arcs, the first arc (the Kamina arc) and the third arc (the timeskip) were definitely the worst parts of the show, while the second arc (Spiral King) and the fourth arc (the anti-spirals) were fantastic.

Mizerman

You guys joke about Yoko but I wonder if she ever married. She did have two of her great loves of her life die right in front of her eyes only hours after they got serious. It probably put the poor girl off relationships forever. All we see of her at the end is an old teacher by herself. :/

That's what probably happened.

Does Kitan really qualify as a love of her life? I never felt much between Kitan and Yoko other then the fact Kitan thought Yoko was hot and he was dtf if she was.

ckohler

Does Kitan really qualify as a love of her life? I never felt much between Kitan and Yoko other then the fact Kitan thought Yoko was hot and he was dtf if she was.
Love of her life is probably too strong a term but she was certainly flirting with him. Still, she must be aware by then of her effect on the men and their untimely demises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom