• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
What's going on in Weekday Toona...
e8a5w9s.gif

I want to see someone try to bring back Filmation's shitty style. Just to see how far they get.

Seda

i said this before but

Naruto has a ~23(!) episode filler arc coming up. Note the last filler arc was ~18 episodes, this current canon arc is also ~18 episodes.

One Piece has an ~11 episode filler arc coming up (going by a list I found on Google). So it enters filler after Naruto but comes back to canon quicker.

Anyway... December, January, and February will have shonen filler hour (+ rerun) to end Toonami. (& Naruto wont get back to canon until May-ish)

\o/

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
This should be the last episode of the post-Enies Lobby filler in One Piece, right?
Yeah.

This week's episode is sorta weird. It begins with an OOC moment for Sanji, Nami and Robin but ends with a canon scene. But yeah, 90% of the episode is filler before it moves back to canon in the last minute or so.

I usually do skip the non cannon stuff.

I remember recently there was a filler arc in Fairy Tail that was just beyond awful. I usually skip filler episodes of One Piece too.

I funny thing is, as much aversion as I have to filler, there was one filler arc in Shippuden that is kind of amazing. The power filler arc, episodes 290-295 are pretty great, no lie.

so apparently there's going to be some officially liscensed fanfic comics of AoT by american comic artists?

• Brenden Fletcher
  • Tomer & Asaf Hanuka (team)
  • Faith Erin Hicks
  • Kate Leth & Jeremy Lambert (team)
  • Michael Oeming
  • Afua Richardson
  • Paolo Rivera
  • Damion Scott
  • Gail Simone
  • Scott Snyder
  • Cameron Stewart
  • Babs Tarr
  • Genevieve Valentine
  • Kevin Wada
  • Ronald Wimberly

These names don't mean anything to me!

Over/under on how many of the stories are better than the source material?

Iron Blooded Orphans for Toonami.
Shit was hype as fuck and Orga's hair is still distracting also starring Guts from the Berserk series.

Iron Blooded Orphans for Toonami.
Shit was hype as fuck and Orga's hair is still distracting also starring Guts from the Berserk series.

Iron Blooded Orphans does look pretty good.

The "I can't shake your hand, my hands are dirty, so I guess we're different" scene was the most Gundam scene ever.

Seda

despite whatever dub quality / show quality

do you guys think toonami will add more long runners to the block like Jojo/HxH when there are three there already?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Viz just announced the Hunter x Hunter dub

THANK YOU GOD!

I was afraid an insane billionaire that was once trash talked by an anime fan on twitter bought it out and was going to refuse to ever let it go.

TOONAMI WHEN?

DEMARCO GET ON THIS RIGHT NOW!

do you guys think toonami will add more long runners to the block like Jojo/HxH when there are three there already?

HxH is one of those series that could justify taking the 11:30 spot, so yea it makes sense.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

Not unless something gets thrown out (One Piece) or an expansion takes place.

These next two canon arcs are the last ones with alright pacing, and even then watching Enies Lobby week to week was kinda slow. We've more or less hit the "read the manga" point for the anime.

Seda

Michiko & Hatchin: December 5
Akame ga Kill!: February 6, 2016
Parasyte -the maxim-: March 26, 2016
Kill la Kill: March 26, 2016
Dragon Ball Z Kai: November 12, 2016 (not including Buu Arc), January 13, 2018 (including Buu Arc)
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA....
One Piece: ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I wonder if the extra 'Falll back' hour will affect Toonami or they'll just slot more comedy cartoons after 3:30

Grexeno

Michiko & Hatchin: December 5
Akame ga Kill!: February 6, 2016
Parasyte -the maxim-: March 26, 2016
Kill la Kill: March 26, 2016
Dragon Ball Z Kai: November 12, 2016 (not including Buu Arc), January 13, 2018 (including Buu Arc)
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA....
One Piece: ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I wonder if the extra 'Falll back' hour will affect Toonami or they'll just slot more comedy cartoons after 3:30
These include the announced marathons right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom