• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Do we still have that schedule list for Intruder II that showed the marathon dates?
tumblr_nu86vcKKFT1rvb8cmo1_1280.jpg

Raxus

I find it funny we consider JoJo a 'long runner' considering it is essentially one season at the moment. 3 tops.

If SAO can make it JoJo should be just fine.

Line_HTX

despite whatever dub quality / show quality

do you guys think toonami will add more long runners to the block like Jojo/HxH when there are three there already?

No, I don't want those. Three is already taking up a ton, no more of those please.

kewlmyc

I find it funny we consider JoJo a 'long runner' considering it is essentially one season at the moment. 3 tops.

If SAO can make it JoJo should be just fine.

26+48 episodes, so 74 in total. Depends on what people consider a long runner.

Line_HTX

UBW songs are pretty sick, and the fights are freaking awesome, but for the most part, that show is shit and they can't fit in one-hour episodes into the block.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The last time Viz tried dubbing Hunter X Hunter, it was...well...

Maybe you might want to wait until they say who exactly they're planning on having do the dub for them...

I'm just saying, Toonami would be a great block if there was more than
shows to watch on it each week.

Maybe have

JoJo
AgK
HxH
OPM
Fate Zero then the new Stay Night in the same time after it finishes

Of course, it would be hard to keep up with reading the thread and tumblr Toonami tag's reactions if I didn't have the break from
1AM to 3 AM
to catch up and was watching a show instead.

I'm just saying, Toonami would be a great block if there was more than
shows to watch on it each week.

Maybe have

JoJo
AgK
HxH
OPM
Fate Zero then the new Stay Night in the same time after it finishes

Of course, it would be hard to keep up with reading the thread and tumblr Toonami tag's reactions if I didn't have the break from
1AM to 3 AM
to catch up and was watching a show instead.

One of these things is not like the others

No one mentioned the biggest news at NYCC.

Viz got the Kuroko's Basketball and Haikyuu manga licenses. They're cleaning up shop this year.

I can understand the benefit of getting rid of a show filled with filler and with no end in sight, but a lot of people here will still rage.

I agree. There's a lot of benefits to canceling Shippuden.

Guys in these harsh times, we need to do what's best for the block.

Just make it constant DBZ repeats.

That's save Toonami....and the Wii-U.

So is Haikyuu gonna start showing up on the English Shonen Jump?

Considering they're charging $1 for Platinum Edge a series in a magazine that has both Seraph of The End and Blue Exorcist I doubt we see Haikyuu in US Jump. They SHOULD put it in, they SHOULD put all Jump series minus Kochikame in US Jump imo.

kewlmyc

Have to get rid of Naruto as well which isn't going to happen

At least we can Naruto has a definite ending.... I think. Or is the anime dragging the ending out as long as possible? Haven't been keeping track of the anime.

In other Naruto related news, I'm seeing the Boruto movie on Sunday. Apparently it's pretty good.

kewlmyc

Considering they're charging $1 for Platinum Edge a series in a magazine that has both Seraph of The End and Blue Exorcist I doubt we see Haikyuu in US Jump. They SHOULD put it in, they SHOULD put all Jump series minus Kochikame in US Jump imo.

What's Platinum Edge? A new manga? Google brings up agile training.

Oops, double post.

At least we can Naruto has a definite ending.... I think. Or is the anime dragging the ending out as long as possible? Haven't been keeping track of the anime.

In other Naruto related news, I'm seeing the Boruto movie on Sunday. Apparently it's pretty good.

Naruto's manga has been finished for nearly a year... The anime continues to do filler arcs DURING THE FINAL BATTLE* OF THE SERIES

technically Naruto vs Sasuke is technically the final battle but I'm including that fight as part of the final series of battles because there's no break

What's Platinum Edge? A new manga? Google brings up a body builder gym.

Oops, double post.

New series about angels and humans from the team that made Deathnote and that series about two guys who make manga Bakumen I think its called

Moaradin

It's terrible right now. The last arc has so much damn filler in it. We just got done with a 20+ episode filler arc that was boring as hell and was placed in the middle of nowhere. After a couple canon episodes, we're right back into a shit ton of filler with no end in sight. Studio Pierrot is using the (late shippuden spoilers)
infinite tsukuyomi
to do shitty filler for each and every character. Ten Ten got a 2 episode filler arc ffs.

It's a shame because it is actually entertaining when they actually do canon episodes and they have anything resembling a budget. I imagine the two recent Naruto movies are the cause of all this. They only have a few chapters left to adapt and most of it is important fights, but they put all their big animators on the movies.

kewlmyc

It's terrible right now. The last arc has so much damn filler in it. We just got done with a 20+ episode filler arc that was boring as hell and was placed in the middle of nowhere. After a couple canon episodes, we're right back into a shit ton of filler with no end in sight. Studio Pierrot is using the (late shippuden spoilers)
infinite tsukuyomi
to do shitty filler for each and every character.
Ten Ten got a 2 episode filler arc ffs.

It's a shame because it is actually entertaining when they actually do canon episodes and they have anything resembling a budget. I imagine the two recent Naruto movies are the cause of all this. They only have a few chapters left to adapt and most of it is important fights, but they put all their big animators on the movies.

Hahahaha, that's actually clever as hell.

infinite tsukuyomi
to do shitty filler for each and every character. Ten Ten got a 2 episode filler arc ffs.

Guys, we're all stuck in Studio Pierrot's infinite filler jutsu.

Will it save the whales though?

Nope.

Maybe they can catch a ride with their dolphin buddies, when they try to take back the land.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom