• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goober

Gotta be honest, I'm not feeling the Casshern. The art style is pretty bleh. Casshern just seems lazily drawn; just toss him in a tight suit and save effort, like that girl from Deadman. The little girl is also creepy as fuck.

Agreed. The girl looked pretty derpy at one point.

Risette

A Good Citizen
The cuts from scene to scene are really confusing. It's difficult to comprehend the place and time of scenes because of this.
Don't see it. Episode has great editing.

Gotta be honest, I'm not feeling the Casshern. The art style is pretty bleh. Casshern just seems lazily drawn; just toss him in a tight suit and save effort, like that girl from Deadman. The little girl is also creepy as fuck.
Simple, visually appealing character designs well suited for animation? LAZY AS FUCK

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The story doesn't start to make sense for an episode or two so just wait it out...... then go cut yourself.

Basically. I still have scars from watching it years ago.

The wounds never heal. ;_;

The cuts from scene to scene are really confusing. It's difficult to comprehend the place and time of scenes because of this.

Welcome to Casshern Sins.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so if i'm getting this... there's some kind of apocalypse in the past and dude is somehow responsible but he doesn't really remember what happened, and the world is full of... robots or mutants in suits or something and they're pissed and want to kill him because of what he did that he can't remember.

Right?

Oy, two disappointing anime's so far. Maybe they're better as Manga.
Then again I'm biased toward Mangas
But honestly, I just want to get to GitS and Bebop already. Damn it, Cartoon Network, why do you have to make me stay up until 3 to watch both of these!?

Casshern Sins isn't based on a manga.

789shadow

Banned
so if i'm getting this... there's some kind of apocalypse in the past and dude is somehow responsible but he doesn't really remember what happened, and the world is full of... robots or mutants in suits or something and they're pissed and want to kill him because of what he did that he can't remember.

Right?
Also, his name is probably Casshern.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
RINGOOOOOOOOOOOOO Lol

3cSPN.jpg

Best ringo

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Right?

Yes.

That girl is so dead. All the comments about this show being depressing basically confirm it.

Not for a while if at all IIRC.

Ultratech

Well, DMW was certainly...interesting. Plot's a bit out there, but I'm intrigued, so that works.

A bit undecided on Casshern though...

Yeah they aired it. Once. And they screwed it over as much as humanly possible.

Yup. Took 'em forever to get through Season 1. They got on R2 pretty quickly though.

Kaizer

Banned
They should replace it with Shigurui: Death Frenzy to make it a 90 minute suicide watch.

Oh god, I tried to watch that on Netflix once and it was too much for me. Personally, I'd love to see "Tiger & Bunny" on Toonami. I also really like Nura: Rise of the Yokai.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I'm with you, kid. What the fuck is going on?

Whoa, Casshern, step back a minute that's not appropriate WHAT YOU REACHIN FOR KID?

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Is being a robot how they justify the odd amount of butt shots we're getting of the little girl?
Simple, visually appealing character designs well suited for animation? LAZY AS FUCK
You say visually appealing, I say boring. Plain white with like two markings and a collar aren't very exciting. It's an opinion, dude. But thanks for putting me on blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom