• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

I forgot how much I like the FMA opening themes. It should be a lot of fun to go back to this series every week.

Crossdressing General Grumman is cool.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Its all part of the plan

I'll suicide pact with wwm0nkey. Just wait for me to get rum and coke!

Seraphis Cain said:
How many times has AS run through GitS:SAC 2nd Gig now? Feels like it's been on forever.

Who gives a shit? They should move it and Bebop up to Midnight/12:30 and save me the grief of re-watching these two. >:|

You people make me question whether you've actually watched anime from the """""good old days""""""""" -- every era has these sort of child bloomer shots, even all-ages fun from Miyazaki/Takahata deals like Panda Kopanda or Kiki's Delivery Service. In this case, you guys are the pedos. :(

Don't you, "you people" me. I've watched anime since I was a child. I'm probably older than you. I know that panty shots are and were common but from what I understand with anime now it is much more sexual and pedo than it ever was.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It's kinda depressing to know that it actually doesn't matter if most of us watch Toonami or not. Unless any of us have Nielsen boxes, that is. The way we determine TV viewership is awful. =/

Created as a reboot of the Casshern franchise, Casshern Sins tells the story of a world where robots subjugated humanity after becoming self-aware. Their leader, Braiking Boss, ruled over the world with an iron fist. One day, a mysterious girl named Luna is summoned by the people, in order to bring the salvation of mankind. Fearing her as a potential threat, Braiking Boss sent three of his most powerful cyborg warriors to dispose of Luna: Casshern, Dio, and Leda. Casshern, the strongest warrior, manages to track down and kill Luna. However, this triggers a cataclysmic event which sets into motion the end of the world. Hundreds of years later, the world's atmosphere is filled with poison, and, due to the inability of most remaining humans to reproduce, as well as the constant threat posed by the robots, humanity is on the brink of extinction.[3]
Robots fare little better, fearing death as much as humans do: the poisonous environment quickly causes their mechanical bodies to rust and corrode, forcing them to constantly replace their damaged parts, if spare parts in good condition can even be found. In this wretched time and place, Casshern, who had disappeared following the assassination of Luna, returns with no memory of who he is or what he had done. As he embarks on a journey to find out the truth about himself, Casshern will discover his true purpose and destiny

Now y'all know.

Casshern Sins was really intriguing. I can't wait to see where everything goes. I've heard very positive impressions on it over the last couple of years.

Ezalc

I'm so glad GAF enjoyed CASSHERN, can't wait until you guys get to the episode with the redhead. That's when the show will make you its' bitch.

hey you guys, how about no spoilers for the people who haven't seen these shows yet, huh? And also, how raw is Sins? Is it gonna be edited to the point where it'd be better to watch it on netflix?

Vrakanox

Wish some of them did not start from the middle of the series. I know they have been airing this whole time but I feel they should have started some over for Toonami's sake. Hopefully they get some new shows or bring back good old ones, don't think I can stay awake any longer. Wish it started earlier, going to have to miss Beebop and GitS. :(

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Fullmetal, GITS, and Bebop are all continuing in continuity from where their repeats were on the regular AS block. All of them are at least halfway through their respective series.

A little unlucky on timing, but they're all still decent jump in points. Fullmetal is at the start of a new arc, GITS is on a stand alone type episode, and Bebop is Bebop (tonight's episode is Faye's backstory).

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
DW and Casshern were awesome ....FMA is yawn I like FMP better think I'm going to be skipping this along with bleach

I can't emphasize enough how much Deadman surprised me tonight. I was kind of skeptical given the divisive opinions in the other thread, but it was pretty awesome through and through.

I really hope that they can get enough money based on people tuning in for DW and Casshern to replace shit like FMA:Bro and GiTS with actually good shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom