• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also worth noting that SAC has two different types of episodes:
-Stand Alone: Stand-Alone Episode that generally doesn't have anything to do with the ongoing story (i.e. Complex Episodes).
-Complex: Consists of an ongoing arc that spans the entire season. These basically move the plot forward for that season.
Basically stand alone episodes are MOTW while complex deal with the overall plot of the season. 2nd gig gets a bit more complicated with it by adding episodes that are tangentially related to the main plot of the season

Seda

I also never finished Bebop. This week I caught up to the episode that is airing next, and I'll be watching the second half of the series for the first time.

So for the Toonami block, the only show I've seen to the end is FMA:B. I'll be sticking around.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
COUGAR TIEM

I think you're the only one still watching the show considering it doesn't even get ratings info anymore. :(

I know for a fact that a couple of my friends on <that other site> still watch it...

There are others. Unfortunately, the other Age defenders on GAF are mostly confirmed trolls.

What a shame.

Ultratech

Yes, though some episodes are more stand alone than others.

In the first season there are "stand alone" episodes that are 100% self-contained and "complex" episodes that are a part of the main plot.

2nd GIG gets a little more complicated, where most episodes at least have SOME referencing to the main plot in some ways, though some are more stand alone than others.

This episode, for example, has Motoko in Taiwan following the trail of a particular person of interest that the entire main plot revolves around. Once she's there, though, she gets into, well, all these antics that you're watching, which have little to do with the main story.

The first season is weird in that there's a lot of consecutive Stand Alone and Complex episodes in a row about halfway through and towards the end.

I forgot, but the 2nd GIG does it differently with individual (IN), dividual (DI) and dual (DU). IN episodes tie in with the Individual Eleven storyline; DI episodes are stand-alone episodes not strongly tied with the other storylines; and DU episodes tie in with the Cabinet Intelligence Service & Goda story-line (though the two main storylines inter-relate).

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
This was probably the weirdest episode of GitS I can remember, and that's saying something.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Snow Crash being vastly superior to GitS is a contrary opinion? What planet is this.
You do know name-dropping pulp lit itt doesn't really make you seem cultured or superior to the rest of us. Plus I'd say if i were to compare to them - Snow crash > GITS SAC. But GITS >>>>> Snow crash by a mile.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
But is it all just one anime?

The Stand Alone Complex subtitle(?) makes it seem like a second Ghost in the Shell anime series or something. And what does second GIG mean?

Pretend I'm stupid.

1/2nd gig Seasons.

Stand Alone Complex = Stand Alone episodes or a "myth/crime" arc. Like the X-files.

There's two films. Innnocence being a sequel to the first film.

But really, the Manga is better. The anime just cements the Major is badass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom