• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

Yes.

KuGsj.gif

Next Time ToonamiGaf.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So, is Eureka Freddy, and was she trying to kill Renton over the Nirvash?

RagnarokX

You know, if sacrifices are integral to the evil plot, and human transmutation is the only way to make a sacrifice, why did Father make human transmutation forbidden?

Because manga.

well, i know they're like "ha ha, funny", but is there actually supposed to be a joke beyond "haha he's not really entirely metal"? i feel like i'm missing the meaning/symbolism here

B-Dubs said:
The arm and leg, it also doesn't translate into English well. It's supposed to be a comment on his personality or something.

what, about him being stubborn or determined or something?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
You know, if sacrifices are integral to the evil plot, and human transmutation is the only way to make a sacrifice, why did Father make human transmutation forbidden?

Forbidden fruit. Plus he only needs 5 sacrifices, and he needs them at a very specific time. Best to limit the uses of the otherwise dangerous human transmutation.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Pretty sure it wasn't Father who did that.

He is in charge so yea it was him. It was probably so no one would figure out how to makes stones or an army of undead soldiers. Father did a lot of stuff he didn't want anyone else to do...

well, i know they're like "ha ha, funny", but is there actually supposed to be a joke beyond "haha he's not really entirely metal"? i feel like i'm missing the meaning/symbolism here

what, about him being stubborn or determined or something?

Something like that, like I said it doesn't translate well.

so is the splitscreen all they could come up with to differentiate this from the original, or is it a stylistic choice throughout the whole series? i don't remember it last week

He is in charge so yea it was him. It was probably so no one would figure out how to makes stones or an army of undead soldiers. Father did a lot of stuff he didn't want anyone else to do...
But isn't the Truth punish people who try and do human transmutations? It's not like Father is really doing anything to stop people from trying. So it's not really Father forbidding it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
But isn't the Truth punish people who try and do human transmutations? It's not like Father is really doing anything to stop people from trying. So it's not really Father forbidding it.

Well they talk about it later in the series and Human Transmutation is illegal, not really because of how dangerous it is, but because the government doesn't want people making their own private un-killable armies (like they did). Most people don't know about Truth, you have to remember that. Only those who have encountered it or know someone who did know.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
so is the splitscreen all they could come up with to differentiate this from the original, or is it a stylistic choice throughout the whole series? i don't remember it last week

Like the awful chibi/joke parts, it's dropped later on.

Well they talk about it later in the series and Human Transmutation is illegal, not really because of how dangerous it is, but because the government doesn't want people making their own private un-killable armies (like they did). Most people don't know about Truth, you have to remember that. Only those who have encountered it or know someone who did know.
Oh yeah. Forgot about the army thing.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

It's just this episode. Remember this storyline took two episodes in the first anime. They're in major hurry up to fit it in one here. That reveal of Ed's arm and leg right there is how the first episode of the first anime ended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom