• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Goodnight, ToonamiGAF. :)

I posted about us on Miiverse and it got 8 Yeahs! and 7 comments. :D

Well it was general Toonami but I roped us in...

ie0tqa3t3cLaW.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

12:00 - Bleach - 275 - The Approaching Breath of Death, the King Who Rules Over Death!
12:30 - Naruto - 2 - My Name Is Konohamaru!
1:00 - Tenchi Muyo! GXP - 5 - Seeing is Believing
1:30 - Thundercats - 10 - Sight Beyond Sight
2:00 - Samurai 7 - 17 - The Remembrance
2:30 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 9 - Tashy 497
3:00 - Eureka seveN - 17 - Sky Rock Gate
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 4 - An Alchemist's Anguish
4:00 - Cowboy Bebop - 15 - My Funny Valentine
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 16 - Black Dog Serenade
5:00 - Inuyasha - 9 - Enter Shippo... Plus, the Amazing Thunder Brothers!
5:30 - Inuyasha - 10 - Phantom Showdown: The Thunder Brothers vs. Tetsusaiga

Later.

Next week is probably gonna be a pain in the ass for me

If I thought attending Youmacon all day and watching Toonami at night was rough, I can only imagine what watching Toonami after spending nearly an entire day at a movie theater seeing all LOTR movies (in their extended versions no less) is gonna feel like

Drago

Yeah, I'm gonna be going in after SBT from now on. All of E7 is available on crunchyroll for free and 3am (2am for me) is basically a death slot for me. I need my sleep! :p

Seda

Random thoughts:

When I first watched Naruto, I didn't really get into it until the Zabuza stuff and the Chunin exams, which is a couple months away, so getting through the first 2 months may be hard (next week is a Konahomaru episode, bleh). I feel Tenchi Muyo really should be pushed back in the schedule. I said this before, but I'm probably enjoying Samurai 7 the most at the moment, and it's what I look forward to most each week; I just hope it keeps it up. Symbionic is great, Thundercats I'm not so sure on, and Eureka 7 is interesting enough for me to want to know what happens next and explain some of the things that don't make sense currently.

Amikami

Banned
Yeah. I'm not liking how Samurai 7, Eureka 7, and symbiotic titan are getting pushed back while thundercats is still close to front. Are people actually watching that more than the others.

Drago

Yeah. I'm not liking how Samurai 7, Eureka 7, and symbiotic titan are getting pushed back while thundercats is still close to front. Are people actually watching that more than the others.
It's apparently #2/3 in ratings every week, so...

I'd rather SBT take its spot, I'm enjoying that a lot more :/

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
ThunderCats and Titan need to switch. The latter is so much better, mostly due to how character growth actually happens. Where as ThunderCats tried to mix the old with the new when it came to status quo/character development. Thus "Lion-O never learns because we need to sell more toys, but we also want to tell an on-going story". Learn from Transformers, you can tell a good story AND be a toy commercial.

To be honest, I kinda wish Toonami started a hour earlier.
A schedule I could with is
11:00-Tenchi
11:30-Bleach
12:00-Naruto
12:30-S7 or Titan
1:00-S7 or Titan
1:00-Eureks 7
2:00 Thundercats
Rest
I put Tenichi first because it feels like a filler show I have to wait to be done with.

To be honest, I kinda wish Toonami started a hour earlier.
A schedule I could with is
11:00-Tenchi
11:30-Bleach
12:00-Naruto
12:30-S7 or Titan
1:00-S7 or Titan
1:00-Eureks 7
2:00 Thundercats
Rest
I put Tenichi first because it feels like a filler show I have to wait to be done with.
By this you've killed the whole first hour, and possibly the lineup. You can't have most shows go up against news/other animated repeats that take place at 11, that's why [adult swim] had Futurama/Family Guy/American Dad at that slot for years. The only show I know of that succeeded, even thrived at 11 was InuYasha, and Tenchi GXP is no InuYasha.

They even tried FMA at that slot, the results were not what they wanted. That might be why TOONAMI wanted to kick off at Midnight, well that and a lack of shows initially.

Alright, Toonami-Gaf, i need some help quick. We are doing a toonami night at our last anime meeting, and its set up much like the Toonami April Fool's night, in its the best of the best. However, i need the best episodes of the show. Obviously, DBZ and the final Cell episode are gonna be the one we roll with for that. But we also have:

Ruroni Kenshin
Zoids: Chaotic Century
Sailor Moon
Voltron
G Gundam
Rave Master
Deadman Wonderland
Yu Yu Hakusho

We have room for another show or two. So, best episodes, and the best show i missed? Just looking for opinions, its a surprise night, so i can't really ask the rest of the club for advice

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Alright, Toonami-Gaf, i need some help quick. We are doing a toonami night at our last anime meeting, and its set up much like the Toonami April Fool's night, in its the best of the best. However, i need the best episodes of the show. Obviously, DBZ and the final Cell episode are gonna be the one we roll with for that. But we also have:

Ruroni Kenshin
Zoids: Chaotic Century
Sailor Moon
Voltron
G Gundam
Rave Master
Deadman Wonderland
Yu Yu Hakusho

We have room for another show or two. So, best episodes, and the best show i missed? Just looking for opinions, its a surprise night, so i can't really ask the rest of the club for advice

An episode of MEGAS XLR, can't go wrong with giant robots from Jersey.

Look, we've shown enough depressing stuff this month as it is. They just finished watching Welcome To The NHK and Madoka at the same time. I don't want people making suicide pacts because we decided Casshern was a good idea. Also, i'm ashamed i forgot Megas, totally putting that in the run.

Look, we've shown enough depressing stuff this month as it is. They just finished watching Welcome To The NHK and Madoka at the same time. I don't want people making suicide pacts because we decided Casshern was a good idea. Also, i'm ashamed i forgot Megas, totally putting that in the run.

Luckily for you, Episode 14 isn't a depressing episode

If you wanna talk depressing, watch Episode 9 :p

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Gotta get the slushie episode bro, REGIS Mark V never gets old.

LycanXIII

December 1st Ratings

fced4a71ab78a4633de49c81604280aa.png

Big bounce back from Thanksgiving. Looks like S7 being between TCats and Titan is helping it too. Looking at it, they should move GXP after Titan, and try to keep even more of the viewers.

However, the shows haven't bounced back to Pre-Thanksgiving numbers.

Seda

December 1st Ratings

fced4a71ab78a4633de49c81604280aa.png

Big bounce back from Thanksgiving. Looks like S7 being between TCats and Titan is helping it too. Looking at it, they should move GXP after Titan, and try to keep even more of the viewers.

However, the shows haven't bounced back to Pre-Thanksgiving numbers.

GXP should drop to a later timeslot. Naruto got better ratings than Samurai 7 did in that timeslot recently (and GXP), wonder how stable those will be. The viewer dip at Tenchi is pretty significant.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
At least it's nice to see stable numbers from Thundercats to Titan. People really don't like Eureka...

It's at 3am. Hardly anyone is going to be willing to stay up that late, plus everyone and their grandma saw it already. Considering all that the numbers are pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom