• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week pretty big for Toonami numbers:

Bleach - 1,114,000
Naruto - 961,000
ThunderCats - 1,020,000
Samurai 7 - 889,000
Sym-Bionic Titan - 841,000
Eureka 7 - 788,000
Tenchi GXP - 776,000
Fullmetal - 798,000
Cowboy Bebop - 690,000
Cowboy Bebop - 664,000
InuYasha - 640,000
InuYasha - 628,000

Wow, these numbers are a lot better than say... those few weeks after Deadman ended where there was a bit of a lull.

Silkworm

No. Baccano. Issac and Miria need to accidentally make the world a better place. Plus it gets as violent as Deadman so yea...

Did Isaac and Miria ever star in their own anime spinoff? I know they were in Baccano and Durarara!! but I wasn't sure if that was the extent of it :)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
i think the only ones they have the rights to that aren't on Toonami right now are Ghost in the Shell, FLCL, and The Big O

Wrong.

Also:

KiAeF.png

:O

Probably means nothing. :(

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Well it ended around a year ago so it wouldn't really surprise me. Would love to have a link though so my hopes can die in one swoop instead of being drawn out. :<

Tamanon

Banned
I was really late to Durarara, even not liking it at first, but on re-watching it, it's an outstanding anime. Wish it got more seasons.

Jintor

When they say "Own", I'm guessing they're talking about the TV broadcasting rights. Do they out and out own the Bebop rights then? They're not perpetually licencing them and renewing them every three years or whatever?

When they say "Own", I'm guessing they're talking about the TV broadcasting rights. Do they out and out own the Bebop rights then? They're not perpetually licencing them and renewing them every three years or whatever?

i believe they said that they don't have to worry about the rights to either Bebop or Ghost at all in the near future

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/35496912777/why-isnt-deadman-wonderland-casshern-sins

they said they don't own the first three, which was referring to Deadman, Casshern, and Durarara. it could mean something else, i suppose, but i took that as they never renewed their rights or however it works.
Those three are not owned in the sense that they have to be paid for per airing, I believe. By contrast, Big O II they own outright, and FLCL might be a show they grabbed the rights to in perpetuity (it's bounced around to a couple of different distributors over the years). Those 3 are also still on adultswim.com, and if they really meant they could never be aired again they would have said so.

The only relatively recent acquisition that I KNOW they've lost the rights to is Kekkaishi.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
In fairness to Kekkaishi, at least AS was kind enough to let it finish its run at its original timeslot. Actually, I don't know how Kekkaishi did, I always assumed it did OK/slightly-worse-than-OK.

In fairness to Kekkaishi, at least AS was kind enough to let it finish its run at its original timeslot. Actually, I don't know how Kekkaishi did, I always assumed it did OK/slightly-worse-than-OK.
It finished its run, though not at its timeslot (i think). It didn't do terribly, but it didn't grab people at all like DogBoy did; not enough action. Apparently no one wanted to see Yoshimori make the ultimate pastry. :(

Funny thing, if they had acquired the 2nd season of it there's much more action.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It finished its run, though not at its timeslot (i think). It didn't do terribly, but it didn't grab people at all like DogBoy did; not enough action. Apparently no one wanted to see Yoshimori make the ultimate pastry. :(

Funny thing, if they had acquired the 2nd season of it there's much more action.

It's a pretty slow burning story, it gets amazingly good it just takes a while to get there.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
There is no 2nd season of Kekkaishi. Adult Swim aired the entire series. Twice. (Well, it actually got cut off something like 2 or 3 episodes before the finale the second time, but still not bad for a 52 episode series.)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Sounds like Toonami-GAF will be a little less active than usual this weekend since people are going on vacation.
I know I'll be present.

There is no 2nd season of Kekkaishi. Adult Swim aired the entire series. Twice. (Well, it actually got cut off something like 2 or 3 episodes before the finale the second time, but still not bad for a 52 episode series.)
The manga that continued was never made into a series? Because they definitely left it kinda open-ended... oh well that sucks.

789shadow

Banned
Sounds like Toonami-GAF will be a little less active than usual this weekend since people are going on vacation.
I know I'll be present.
I have to drive 9 hours on Sunday, so I'll only be here through Naruto. If nothing else, I want to finally make fun of Naruto with you guys.

Raxus

I have to drive 9 hours on Sunday, so I'll only be here through Naruto. If nothing else, I want to finally make fun of Naruto with you guys.

Sadly tonight is the Kakashi episode so there won't be much to make fun of
unless the poke happens in this episode as well.

Jacob

Sadly tonight is the Kakashi episode so there won't be much to make fun of
unless the poke happens in this episode as well.

ONE THOUSAND YEARS OF DEATH!

And also David Bowie-sensei-sama-sempai-kun.

Tonight will be glorious.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Heh, the voice of Kakashi was also the voice of Teddie in Persona 4 (the first voice, not the overly-shrill second voice they use for Arena, Golden, and the anime).

Also, it's David Bowie Sama Sensei Senpai San Sama Kun (thank you TVTropes).

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, it's back to the Starrk fight, Team 7 assembles and faces their first challenge: being accepted by their own jounin, the Thundercats head back to the Elephants' village, the samurai head out to save Kambei while Ukyo returns to the capital, the Titan team attends the Scary Mary party, it's Acperience time again on Eureka, Bad Luck Brian continues to have his hands full with the ladies, the Elric boys head back home, the Bebop crew finds some bad mushrooms, and Inuyasha's greatest weakness is revealed.

12:00 - Bleach - 277 - Climax! Kyouraku vs. Starrk!
12:30 - Naruto - 4 - Pass or Fail: Survival Test
1:00 - Thundercats - 12 - Into the Astral Plane
1:30 - Samurai 7 - 19 - The Mutiny
2:00 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 12 - The Ballad of Scary Mary
2:30 - Eureka seveN - 19 - Acperience 2
3:00 - Tenchi Muyo! GXP - 7 - Moving In
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 6 - The Road of Hope
4:00 - Cowboy Bebop - 17 - Mushroom Samba
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 18 - Speak Like a Child
5:00 - Inuyasha - 13 - Mystery of the New Moon and the Black Haired Inuyasha
5:30 - Inuyasha - 14 - Kikyo's Stolen Ashes

Status