• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

RagnarokX

How was the robot filming this? It was on the couch, and it kept jump cutting to multiple cameras. Does the robot have multiple flying invisible cameras?

tumblr_lxk8q0gXSo1r8058ko1_500.gif

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Golgo wouldn't even have to try, all he's gotta do is strip. 10 seconds into the first episode and it would become an orgy.
Yup, wouldn't be a show at all. Well... it'd be a different type of 'show'...

and this is the show that killed our chances of getting an actual Tenchi show -_-
I doubt it... If they had plans of showing War on Greminar, it'd probably still happen. If they wanted to show an older Tenchi, shouldn't they have started with OVA?

This is a pretty odd show for low-fanservice "Toonami" anyway...

I doubt it... If they had plans of showing War on Greminar, it'd probably still happen. If they wanted to show an older Tenchi, shouldn't they have started with OVA?

the show got moved to the death-est deathslot because of its ratings. it might have ruined the good will for the series for quite a while, and i'm sure they'll think twice next time. i imagine GXP was the only one they could afford since it's not a "real" Tenchi show.

also, i love how that dramatic scene in Brotherhood is HILARIOUS out of context

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So, which chick do you go for?

1. Furry
2. Tsundere childhood friend
3. Rich supermodel

RagnarokX

Yup, wouldn't be a show at all. Well... it'd be a different type of 'show'...

If we're going to get a show like this I think we'd be better off with something like Urusei Yatsura. Romantic comedy > harem.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
To make us appreciate the decent male leads. And by decent I mean ranging from awesome to Shinji because god knows Shinji
could have sealed the deal.

Yeah, let's not fantasize now. If she's not comatose, he ain't interested

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
the show got moved to the death-est deathslot because of its ratings. it might have ruined the good will for the series for quite a while, and i'm sure they'll think twice next time. i imagine GXP was the only one they could afford since it's not a "real" Tenchi show.

Yeah, but it's all so different. I guess GxP appeals to the "modern" form of Harem fans, but it's so far off th what made original Tenchi appealing.

I wonder if GXP was really cheaper to get than something like Ten-in-Tokyo... *shrug*

Even after the failure of "Giant Robot Week", we eventually got Eva... I'm happy to buy the newly released DVDs and Blu rays while waiting, personally. I do wonder if GxP is more of a "promo" for those, rather than something that needs to be successful on it's own, too... I'm sure many wanna see REAL Tenchi, while watching it's pretender show up on air...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom