• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultratech

Bengals/Texans at 4:30 EST and Vikings/Packers at 8:00 EST. Should be over by then, if not, it's just Bleach.

Yeah, at worst, the late game might have an overrun, but I doubt it goes on that long.

And if it does, you're just missing Bleach. (Which is reruns right now anyways.)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
New year, same block.

Tonight on Toonami, the Visoreds are back, Team 7 takes on its first real mission, Lion-O has to come to grips with Cheetara's choice, the samurai attempt to rescue Kambei, Octus finds himself alone in the world, Renton has to face the consequences of his actions and makes a fateful decision, Seina actually gets an assignment, the Elrics investigate Lab 5, Jet learns about feng shui while Spike faces his ultimate nemesis, and finally Naraku begins his machinations on Inuyasha.

12:00 - Bleach - 279 - Hirako and Aizen... A Fated Reunion!
12:30 - Naruto - 6 - A Dangerous Mission! Journey to the Land of Waves!
1:00 - Thundercats - 14 - New Alliances
1:30 - Samurai 7 - 21 - The Rescue
2:00 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 14 - I Am Octus
2:30 - Eureka seveN - 21 - Runaway
3:00 - Tenchi Muyo! GXP - 9 - A Stormy Voyage
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 8 - The Fifth Laboratory
4:00 - Cowboy Bebop - 21 - Boogie Woogie Feng Shui
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 22 - Cowboy Funk
5:00 - Inuyasha - 17 - Cursed Ink of the Hell-Painter
5:30 - Inuyasha - 18 - Naraku and Sesshomaru Join Forces

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
so does this mean the Thundercats writers will try to convince everyone they didn't just pull that plot "twist" out of their ass?

They didn't even try to explain or justify it. They just expected people to go along with it.
It gets worse, there's an even dumber plot twist in the final episode, with far more signs that it was pulled out of their asses.

Nudull

Banned
They didn't even try to explain or justify it. They just expected people to go along with it.
It gets worse, there's an even dumber plot twist in the final episode, with far more signs that it was pulled out of their asses.

All that asspulling must be quite painful. :eek:

No asspulling in the original awesome ThunderCats. When shit was going down they just went to the Ro-Bear Berbils village and got some Mexican takeout.

I'm not kidding. That was in an actual episode.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
No asspulling in the original awesome ThunderCats. When shit was going down they just went to the Ro-Bear Berbils village and got some Mexican takeout.

I'm not kidding. That was in an actual episode.

So when shit went down, they just decided to fuck it and go get take out? Like the whole world was coming down around them and they were eating tacos? That sounds like an episode of Megas.

So when shit went down, they just decided to fuck it and go get take out? Like the whole world was coming down around them and they were eating tacos? That sounds like an episode of Megas.
Well the level of shit did vary, but it never got like end-of-the-world.

aha quotes!

Lion-O: Where's Snarfer?
Snarf: We decided not to cook today. So he went to order Mexican takeout, from RoBear Roberto's taco-stand at the Berbil village.
Lynx-O: Chile con carne.
Snarf: Re-fried beans.
Lynx-O: Beef enchiladas.
Snarf: Guacamole.
Lion-O: [laughs waving his hands] Enough; you're making my mouth water.
Lion-O: Well, Snarfer should be here soon.
[into the radio]
Lion-O: Snarf calling Snarfer. Where are you?
Snarfer: Snarfer here. I'm taking the long way around Dark Side, Unc. This baby's been overheating. Yep.
Lion-O: You were supposed to be here an eon ago; we're starving.
Snarfer: Well, you sure won't have to worry about it being cold. Phew!
see that's Emmy award winning dialogue there.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
so does this mean the Thundercats writers will try to convince everyone they didn't just pull that plot "twist" out of their ass?

They kinda make it seem that it was lion-o was at fault for coming to that conclusion. It took a nosedive there, did a slight recovery during the drugging episode, then crashed into the side of a mountain

Drago

They kinda make it seem that it was lion-o was at fault for coming to that conclusion. It took a nosedive there, did a slight recovery during the drugging episode, then crashed into the side of a mountain
this made me laugh out loud and I don't know why

What happened in TC last week? I was out and I missed everything :/

Raxus

Short summary.

Cheetara is a bitch
Lion O got the soul stone which creates a shield
Tygra got the girl which means little since they barely interact again
Cheetara is a bitch
Panthro really needs a hand (he lost his arms killing the sabertooth guy)

Be forewarned TCats does some serious trolling from here on out.

BatDan

Lion-O and Tygra went into the Astral Plane to find the next stone. Mumm-Ra was there to and used his power to mess with their minds. A bit of backstory happened to show what a dick Tygra is. They realized it was a trick and fought Mumm-Ra, realizing the stone is below them. They take it and the Astral Plane begins to collapse.
Mumm-Ra's forces attacked the Elephant village. Panthro fights Grune and sends him into the collapsing Astral Plane, getting rid of him for the rest of the series. Panthro loses his arms too.
Then... Cheetara kisses Tygra as Lion-O witnesses. She chose him despite all the signals she gave to Lion-O.

Drago

Ah, thanks guys.

Anyways, excited to see the new music video and surprises tonight, and the beginning of the first good Naruto arc (Zabuza starts tonight yes?)

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Its funny now, but less so when you see it. Had I known what I was in for, I would've bailed out at the cheetara shit

Short summary.

Cheetara is a bitch
Lion O got the soul stone which creates a shield
Tygra got the girl which means little since they barely interact again
Cheetara is a bitch
Panthro really needs a hand (he lost his arms killing the sabertooth guy)

Be forewarned TCats does some serious trolling from here on out.

Major trolling. There's no payoff for any of the bullshit this moment on.

BatDan

LionO immediately buys a fedora to compensate.

Name: Lion-O
About: I'm a nice guy, but I can't get any of the girls. Stupid brother and stupid
Mumm-Ra
always getting in my way. I'll show you a whiskery good time and make you say "Thunder, Thunder, Thundercats, OOOOOOH".

BatDan

It's sad how outside of Adult Swim/Toonami, the only anime shown on Cartoon Network are half-hour toy commercials. Beyblade, Pokemon, and Scan2Go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom