• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
9VO9T.png

Darker Than Black?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I can guarantee it won't be Dragon Ball Z. Jason DeMarco expressed on Twitter that he's not sure what's more annoying, the assholes that keep asking for it, or the assholes that keep asking about Dexter's Rude Removal (which he has no power over).

Seriously though, we don't need DBZ again. For one, Dragon Ball is better. For another, Kai has a vastly superior dub. Listening to Funi's first dub makes me realize how much better Kai is.

Moaradin

Seriously though, we don't need DBZ again. For one, Dragon Ball is better. For another, Kai has a vastly superior dub. Listening to Funi's first dub makes me realize how much better Kai is.

Yea, I watched Kai for the first time a couple months back, and you could tell all the original voice actors got much better. They were all pretty good by the end of DBZ, but early on it was pretty bad. Was DBZ one of the first major voice acting roles for a lot of those actors?

Seda

Yea, I watched Kai for the first time a couple months back, and you could tell all the original voice actors got much better. They were all pretty good by the end of DBZ, but early on it was pretty bad. Was DBZ one of the first major voice acting roles for a lot of those actors?

Yes.

I did miss a couple of the classic deliveries though. Like Trunk's :"If they set that Android free it will be the end of all of us! NOOOO!"

I also prefer the Faulconer music, if only because that's what I grew up with and adds that nostalgia factor.

Found the Kai version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQAjyE6RDVo#t=0m24s

Raxus

Quick question for Kai watchers, did they keep Piccolo's I FEEL GREAT scene in?

I can understand if they deleted it but still it had its charm.

BatDan

Moaradin

Yes.

I did miss a couple of the classic deliveries though. Like Trunk's :"If they set that Android free it will be the end of all of us! NOOOO!"

I also prefer the Faulconer music, if only because that's what I grew up with and adds that nostalgia factor.

Found the Kai version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQAjyE6RDVo#t=0m24s

It's pretty hilarious seeing this considering Eric Vale is a pretty great voice actor today. The absolute best example of bad voice acting in DBZ was motivational piccolo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLINdHoqC1Q

Is that really Christopher Sabat?

I didn't mind the Faulconer music, but I felt it was a bit overbearing at times.

Raxus

Naruto stays strong. SBT really needs a better spot because Samurai 7 SOLD ITS RATINGS.

Also a Cowboy Beebop rerun almost beat Eureka 7. Ouch.

Is that really Christopher Sabat?

Don't look now but he was also Zoro in One Piece...the 4kids version. It is like a ghost that haunts anime.

Moaradin

Don't look now but he was also Zoro in One Piece...the 4kids version. It is like a ghost that haunts anime.

Sabat voices Zoro in the Funimation version and he's pretty great in it. He's not really zolo(lol) in the 4kids version, is he?

regardless, the dude has improved so much since then.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
It is going to be very interesting in the ratings when Bleach returns to new episodes. I also wonder what a good replacement show for Samurai Seven would be, in the sense of ratings.

BatDan

Sabat voices Zoro in the Funimation version and he's pretty great in it. He's not really zolo(lol) in the 4kids version, is he?

regardless, the dude has improved so much since then.

No. The Zoro in the 4Kids version was Marc Diraison, better known as Guts in Berserk. No clue where he got "Chris Sabat in the 4Kids version" because the two sound nothing alike. As far as I know, Chris Sabat never even worked with 4Kids.

Raxus

IMDB failed me! Good to hear he is involved in the better dub.

As far as Naruto goes, if they can keep a high audience through the slow start then the first arc should hold the audience and increase it perhaps.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
A tribute to old school toonami jams? Like, music? Not sure what that means, but I'm interested.

Also, I bet the "little" thing they mentioned is the card colors changing to blue.
Yeah, card color changes is my guess too. Other that or a new Clyde bump added to the rotation.

Also, those ratings numbers are great, especially for a holiday weekend with an alternative draw for the core demographic elsewhere. Bebop pushing 700k at 4 am is crazy. Also, those numbers are incredibly consistent after the Big 3. EVERY show is within 100k viewers of one another basically all the way until Inuyasha in the graveyard slot.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I believe it was Sabat's first role, and he played like half the cast (Where the Funi dub began: Tien, Yamcha, Piccolo, Mr Popo, Kami, Recoome, Burter, Jeice, Vegeta, Porunga, among others). He was a sound designer/music editor, not a voice actor at the time.

Well, FLCL may become part of the lineup, just saying........

No extra details yet but that's what I assume.

* EDIT * : Wait......are you guys talking about DBZ airing?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
FLCL was on the advance schedule for a time last summer before they swapped it out again. That said, they've mentioned that FLCL will be airing on Toonami a couple of times in the few days rather definitively, so maybe it's happening sooner rather than later?

Bebop, Samurai 7, and Sym-Bionic Titan are all hitting finales over the next several weeks, after all. (The same night Bleach premieres return, Bebop is set to reboot. Might be a nice time to cycle in FLCL instead.)

BatDan

Well, FLCL may become part of the lineup, just saying........

No extra details yet but that's what I assume.

* EDIT * : Wait......are you guys talking about DBZ airing?

No, we were talking about the assholes that refuse to watch Toonami because there's no DBZ.

as far as the "surprise" goes, i get the feeling it's going to be similar to DST. whether that's a switch to the blue color scheme or another retouched old bump I'm not sure, but i doubt it's anything worth getting excited over. i'd say the color change makes the most sense; maybe they want to change it up for the new year

Drago

Speaking of retouched old bumps, what happened to the two they showed during DST hour? They looked fine yet they haven't been seen since that night as far as I know. Still the same 5 since the relaunch.

Speaking of retouched old bumps, what happened to the two they showed during DST hour? They looked fine yet they haven't been seen since that night as far as I know. Still the same 5 since the relaunch.

They weren't really ready to use those yet. They were considered " DST " bumps at the time.

We should see them in the future though, hopefully.

i'd like to know that too. they're much better than the generic "it's sci-fi so it fits!" bumps they have now, with the tank robot and the little alien

Preble

I'm thinking because those bumps feature the 2004 "Clyde" robot things. They did mention if those Clyde robots come back, they'd probably get a new design.

I'm thinking because those bumps feature the 2004 "Clyde" robot things. They did mention if those Clyde robots come back, they'd probably get a new design.

Doesn't the bump in regular rotation with the tank blowing up the rock also feature those Clydes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom