• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't get, why they don't get rid off rateing killers like erueka 7 and tenchi off the air & replaced with something else, are they in some sort of contract.

Because they've already confirmed they're happy with Eureka's ratings (it's actually doing at least as well as its original premiere run 6 years ago, if not better), and Tenchi GXP has had a pretty significant recovery in its late timeslot.

If Tenchi hadn't recovered or was doing even worse than it had been, it would probably be gone at this point. It's done the opposite.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Did that guy just do a handstand backflip on solid air?

You know what, it isn't worth it at this point.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
because they don't have a lot of money. which they would be throwing away by cancelling these shows.

They actually did say outright that they would take Tenchi off the air if they had to. Moving it to the ass end of the premiere lineup was a move to try and save it. So far it's worked.

They have also said that they have "Plan B" shows waiting in the wings to come in if they need to take over for a failing show. Presumably those would be GITS, Big O, and FLCL.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
"It's ok to be interested in a girl's body." OK I laughed even though it's kinda pedo.
KuGsj.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Uh guys? Aizen is planning to kill thousands and you're busy arguing about height and... ugh.

They actually did say outright that they would take Tenchi off the air if they had to. Moving it to the ass end of the premiere lineup was a move to try and save it. So far it's worked.

well, they'll take any show off the air if it's doing badly enough, not just Tenchi. but the shows wouldn't get replaced with anything new probably. if they took off Eureka Seven we'd probably be looking at Ghost in the Shell.

not to mention it'd be trying to save the ratings of the reruns block, which doesn't strike me as being a particularly huge priority

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Why, why do so many people watch this show un-ironically?

Viz's massive promotion. Instead of focusing on other, better series (Jojo? Fist of the North Star? One Piece?) they focus all their energy on Naruto and Bleach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom