• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.
i do have to wonder if Tenchi GXP was part of a package deal with something, maybe War on Geminar?. or am i just in denial that they made such a horrible choice with that show?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
i do have to wonder if Tenchi GXP was part of a package deal with something, maybe War on Geminar?. or am i just in denial that they made such a horrible choice with that show?

Maybe they got something straight up awesome so long as they agreed to show GPX first.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

They tried to bank on nostalgia. People liked Tenchi on the original Toonami, so they brought in a new one. Unfortunately, it didn't have Tenchi and it ended up sucking.

Jintor

Goddamnit Persona 4 The Animation go to Toonami aaaaarghh

Rewatching some bits in Japanese, it is so good (despite cheap-ass animation) oh man

dat music alone

english voicework is so good, too

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamnit Persona 4 The Animation go to Toonami aaaaarghh

Rewatching some bits in Japanese, it is so good (despite cheap-ass animation) oh man

dat music alone

english voicework is so good, too

Please don't, I plan on playing Persona 4 Golden sometime soon-ish.

Most interesting answer on the tumblr lately was that the current ratings of the past few weeks are good enough, if they hold up and become the "new normal," to justify an increase in Toonami's budget. Good, gooood...

BatDan

Please don't, I plan on playing Persona 4 Golden sometime soon-ish.

Most interesting answer on the tumblr lately was that the current ratings of the past few weeks are good enough, if they hold up and become the "new normal," to justify an increase in Toonami's budget. Good, gooood...

Yes, this news pleases me. The ratings will really take off once Bleach comes back on the 26th.

Seda

There's so many classic shows I havent seen, so they could practically replace the concluding shows with anything and I'll be happy. Heck, they never even finished airing all the GitS episodes :/

They tried to bank on nostalgia. People liked Tenchi on the original Toonami, so they brought in a new one. Unfortunately, it didn't have Tenchi and it ended up sucking.
They were off by 9 years. Literally, their best shot was airing it in 2004 or something. Even not showing something like dogboy for 9 years will damage ratings.

Mature

Hmm. I don't see this answer. Mind linking it?

Hmm. I don't see this answer. Mind linking it?

nuckles87 Asked: Serious question this time: don't know if you can answer this, but if the average ratings from December/first week of January become the norm, will that be enough for an increased budget? Or do they need to be higher, or you can't even discuss this so I never should have asked?

If those ratings become the norm, we’re in a good position to get some more funding. So please keep it up! ;)

http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/40141113196/serious-question-this-time-dont-know-if-you-can

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Well, time to leave on the TV again.

Hm, Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo ( mm, copypasta ) could have a slight chance?

But, uh, what if Panty and Stocking made it on?

And a bunch of those other good suggestions you guys came up with. :)

Please no Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, it's just way too insane.

BatDan

Bobobo's hilarious, though I'm annoyed it was cancelled before it could finish up. Apparently, Japanese parents found it too offensive.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Bobobo is like Rock Lee and His Ninja Pals in insane factor, maybe even moreso. I remember the English dub being quite good, too, but I can't remember anything about it.

BatDan

Please for the love of god don't pick up Bobobo...

I doubt we'll see it.
Besides, an uncut Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo wouldn't be much different. In fact, the original is toned down from the manga. Every time someone got hit, a stream of blood would erupt from them. Plus, the cameo from Dark Yugi/Atem was taken out, likely for copyright reasons.

I think the only part edited in the Toonami version was Serviceman's scenes.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'm loving Shippuden so far still but some of this is just so goofy.

"Sakura loves Sasuke so much, she has to kill him from being more evil."

Naruto: "OMG NOT SASUKE!!"

Moaradin

The creator's obsession about Sasuke is the worst thing about Naruto. The show can be pretty damn great when it's not jizzing over him.

LycanXIII

Ah, here ya go ToonamiGAF, I hope I got accurate dates ( Naruto & Bleach not included cause of problems. )( Cowboy Bebop & Inuyasha may Rerun. )( I just forgot FMA:B) :

0Y7K5.jpg

Now, I go work on my lineup.

We're stuck with GXP for that long? Fuuuu....

Heh heh, my last suggestion.

.....Mirai Nikki/The Future Diary.

Let everyone feel the Deadman feeling again.

I'm hoping the dub gets finished soon. Just imagine it on Adult Swim. Edited, but imagine on it.

The death scene of
Marco and Ai
would just be .......

......another Deadman feeling.

I await Dubimation.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Heh heh, my last suggestion.

.....Mirai Nikki/The Future Diary.

Let everyone feel the Deadman feeling again.

I'm hoping the dub gets finished soon. Just imagine it on Adult Swim. Edited, but imagine on it.

The death scene of
Marco and Ai
would just be .......

......another Deadman feeling.

I await Dubimation.

I thoroughly hated Mirai Niki.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
i'll be shocked if it doesn't go into rotation on the rerun section of the block

I'm sure it will, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it take a short break. Bring in FLCL or something for 6 weeks, then bring Titan back. That sort of thing.

While I'm here...

Tonight on Toonami, the Soul Reapers and Visoreds team up on the Espada, Team 7 has a run in with Zabuza, Lion-O faces the crew's doubts, the samurai begin to splinter, General Steel begins to suspect the Galalunians, Renton has an encounter with Ray and Charles Beams, the GP tries to put Bad Luck Brian's, uh, bad luck to good use, Alphonse becomes suspicious of his origins, the girls of Bebop go their own ways, and finally Inuyasha stupidly sends Kagome back home. Again.

12:00 - Bleach - 280 - Hisagi and Tousen, the Moment of Parting
12:30 - Naruto - 7 -The Assassin of the Mist!
1:00 - Thundercats - 15 - Trials of Lion-O, Part 1
1:30 - Samurai 7 - 22 - The Divide
2:00 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 15 - Disenfranchised
2:30 - Eureka seveN - 22 - Krakpot
3:00 - Tenchi Muyo! GXP - 10 - Baptism
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 9 - Created Feelings
4:00 - Cowboy Bebop - 23 - Brain Scratch
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 24 - Hard Luck Woman
5:00 - Inuyasha - 19 - Go Home To Your Own Time, Kagome!
5:30 - Inuyasha - 20 - Despicable Villain! The Mystery of Onigumo!

I like how most of Toonami-GAF now refers to Seina as Bad Luck Brian. Sidenote: I bought some Hot Pockets yesterday, so I'll be enjoying tonight's run like TOM intended.

Mature

Why wouldn't it be blue...? Clearly they changed it for the new year. I don't think they changed their tumblr layout for a single weekend.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
So much of the CG bumps have red overtones though, I think blue might be a neat change but they have to go all the way with it.

Nudull

Banned
The blue isn't too bad for me, although it does have a weird feel at times. I'm sure I'll be used to it all, if it's very much here for the long haul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom