• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Here I am in Feudal Japan playing Duck-Duck-Goose with an 8-foot troll!!!"

It gets worse from here.

I'm surprised she's helping a bunch of bandits that just kidnapped her.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Inuyasha starts off pretty solid. It doesn't stay that way.

And good lord is Kagome's VA terrible. It'll be nice whenever they finally air Final Act to hear Kagome's new replacement VA.

What, they replaced her?! Oh man. :( She does great later on.

I watched InuYasha when I caught it on, wasn't really a show to look forward to or anything. Just something nice to have on in the background. So the later eps don't bother me, show was mostly episodic anyways.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I really like Kagome's VA work. And again, she (and all the cast) get better as the show goes on.

Basically every anime begins with "rough" VA work, that improves as shows go on. I must have read that SO much back old anime review sites back in the day...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Now our heroes must collect the seven magic Dragon Balls the 1,000,000,000 pieces of the Shikon Jewel in order to revive their friends stop Naraku.

Moaradin

I remember really liking the show, mainly for it's interesting characters, but the plot really goes nowhere. It's even worse when the show (apparently) doesn't even have an ending.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
This crow. This motherfucking crow. So much trouble because of that one bastard. Time for Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

It's quite amazing how far it scattered. I know it was because PLOT but you'd think they'd all fall into the forest.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
She really doesn't. There's a reason she's not working in the business anymore.

*PLLLLT!* Actual reason, or just a twist of personal opinion?

The only show I femembered Monecia Stori from at the time I think was Hamtaro? I liked her energetic teen girly voice in this show. Sounded real authentic at times, had some nice vocal-twist and voice cracking that really sold her Kagome's youth.

So who'd they get to replace her in final act? It does have a dub by now, yes?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I never got why they showed Sango in this ending. Like, doesn't she not show up until they've already moved onto the second ending?

I remember really liking the show, mainly for it's interesting characters, but the plot really goes nowhere. It's even worse when the show (apparently) doesn't even have an ending.

It has an ending, but it's "technically" a different show (The Final Act.)

Still, better than mounds of filler like the route the Bleach anime went with.

Actually, it was the girl's fault.

It was a well thought-out plan, but it worked too well.
Nah, if it hadn't been a flying demon, Inuyasha could have taken it out and they'd have to think of another way to move the plot along.

It's quite amazing how far it scattered. I know it was because PLOT but you'd think they'd all fall into the forest.

This always bothered me too. Those little shards flew damn far.

Drago

For like 200 something episodes

Sure does!

It's basically the Knuckles stages of Sonic Adventure 2 with a splash of shoujo staple tropes.
Great. :|

I quite liked what I saw of the show but seeing as it's now a fetch quest that apparently goes downhill (and airs at 5am) I'll probably skip it.

I think it's time to sleep... had a great night tonight. Later. :)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So who'd they get to replace her in final act? It does have a dub by now, yes?
Yeah. I haven't seen more than a clip of it, though. The new Kagome seems to be a newcomer, it seems to be the only credit she has so far.

They also replaced Sesshomaru's VA.

Azure J

How do you butcher one of the best FMA:B OPs like this? ;_;

Also, Based Blue is gone.

EDIT: OH GOD CASSHERN LEVEL FEELS/MANLY TEARS IN THIS SCENE

RagnarokX

I quite liked what I saw of the show but seeing as it's now a fetch quest that apparently goes downhill (and airs at 5am) I'll probably skip it.

Read the Ranma 1/2 manga instead.

I never got why they showed Sango in this ending. Like, doesn't she not show up until they've already moved onto the second ending?

It has an ending, but it's "technically" a different show (The Final Act.)

Still, better than mounds of filler like the route the Bleach anime went with.

Wasn't Final Act the last 20 or so volumes of the manga crammed into 26 episodes?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

It's an episodic show and the self-contained stories are hit and miss, like every episodic show.

The show does get injections of PLOT every like 20 eps or so if I remember right, and they do a good job of moving things forward during those times, but yeah. InuYasha isn't a show that engrosses you and has you looking forward to the next ep every week (except in rare cases.)

Wasn't Final Act the last 20 or so volumes of the manga crammed into 26 episodes?

Something like that. I've heard it has far better pacing because of it (how could it not?)

Yeah. I haven't seen more than a clip of it, though. The new Kagome seems to be a newcomer, it seems to be the only credit she has so far.

They also replaced Sesshomaru's VA.

Ugugugu. If there's one thing I hate most in this world is VA's getting replaced. It just doesn't sit right with me.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Ugugugu. If there's one thing I hate most in this world is VA's getting replaced. It just doesn't sit right with me.

SAME!

If they ever bring Sailor-Moon back I hope it has the original VA's. I know that's probably impossible, but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom