• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Yeah. I haven't seen more than a clip of it, though. The new Kagome seems to be a newcomer, it seems to be the only credit she has so far.

They also replaced Sesshomaru's VA.

I can understand replacements / changes after all this time, though it is sad to hear they are different.

Glad she's not a "common" anime VA though, best to replace her with someone who isn't earmarked as another anime character already...

Ugugugu. If there's one thing I hate most in this world is VA's getting replaced. It just doesn't sit right with me.

It's been so LONG though... I can forgive them in times like this. It suprises me how many of the original VA's they get back together for the US translations of Gundam Musou games, for instance, but can understand the "Sorry, Domon's VA is a Dentist now!" changes!

Azure J

I still think this is the single most fucked up thing in the entirety of fucked up shit that goes down in Full Metal Alchemist. I mean dude had no way of saying no.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
This VA is fucking amazing, holy shit. First time I'm hearing English Father.

Funi really pulled out all the stops for this one. I think it's probably their best dub.

The original FMA dub was great as well, in fact I think it might have been a little better... Al didn't sound like a girl, because his VA actually wasn't.

Moaradin

Funi really pulled out all the stops for this one. I think it's probably their best dub.

The original FMA dub was great as well, in fact I think it might have been a little better... Al didn't sound like a girl, because his VA actually wasn't.

Nothing beats the YYH dub for me, but this one is pretty good too.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
It does, as far as we know, unless there was something after the series I didn't catch.

Well, in this anime here...
It's implied that a certain visitor stops by to restore his vision...

Personally, I'm glad for him, Roy didn't deserve it. But considering all the HARD things FMA characters have to go through, him being one of the few to get away with only a few weeks / months of punishment is just kinda... "well... ok."

Marcoh says he'll help restore Mustang's eyesight, and later a short scene/ panel where he's looking somewhere and can clearly see again.

Also, Scar and Wrath's faces overlapping. SYMBOLISM.

Azure J

Re: Roy's Blindness

I come from a manga background and nothing ever said he went and got it back. If he did though, good shit.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I remember him mentioning to Havoc maybe getting it back but I don't remember him going through with it.

it implied he would after Havoc but its never shown so you don't really know. Considering the stones don't replace anybody elses loss yeah it could be permanent

RagnarokX

it implied he would after Havoc but its never shown so you don't really know. Considering the stones don't replace anybody elses loss yeah it could be permanent

But they CAN. The stones contain souls, which can be used for free passage through the gate of truth. Ed and Al could have used a stone to get their bodies back, but they refused to because they were unwilling to use souls to do it. All Roy would have to do is use the stone to open the door of truth and get his eyesight back. Remember Al trades his soul to get Ed's arm back; he essentially acted like a 1-soul philosopher's stone.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Regarding "people who should have taken the Philosopher's healing" route
Izumi ends up dead, right? C'mon, heal her!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Well the only other loss to really fix is Izumi's, and Hohenheim DOES partially fix her loss, and he is a Stone. Edward also has one of his losses fixed through the use of what is effectively a Stone of 1 soul.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
But they CAN. The stones contain souls, which can be used for free passage through the gate of truth. Ed and Al could have used a stone to get their bodies back, but they refused to because they were unwilling to use souls to do it. All Roy would have to do is use the stone to open the door of truth and get his eyesight back.

Idk they say they could do it but you never see it performed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom