• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
For what it's worth, I really like Brotherhood's version of this episode, "bastardized" or not. It's really nicely and slickly done, and it's got a nice quick pace to it while still allowing the major points to still carry weight.

pirata

I'm watching the original FMA right now. Does Brotherhood pick up where it left off? It has more episodes right?

Brotherhood and the original show cover the same events to about halfway through FMA and only 12 episodes into Botherhood. After that, they diverge. They made the original when the manga was only a third of the way through its full run, so they made up the second half of the show. Brotherhood covers the events of the complete manga, more or less (it rushes the hell through the events that the previous anime covered, though).

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa. Had now idea. Any other examples?

The only one I can really think of off the top of my head right now is Xam'd, which first ran on PSN with Shut Up and Explode and then eventually had a TV run with a different OP. It's happened more than that, though.

Moaradin

Brotherhood and the original show cover the same events to about halfway through FMA and only 12 episodes into Botherhood. After that, they diverge. They made the original when the manga was only a third of the way through its full run, so they made up the second half of the show. Brotherhood covers the events of the complete manga, more or less (it rushes the hell through the events that the previous anime covered, though).

That kinda sucks. FMA being original isn't necessarily a bad thing, right? I remember liking it a lot when I first watched it. I'm only 20 episodes in now but that sucks if Brotherhood rushes through those events.

That kinda sucks. FMA being original isn't necessarily a bad thing, right? I remember liking it a lot when I first watched it. I'm only 20 episodes in now but that sucks if Brotherhood rushes through those events.

a lot of people consider FMA to be superior.

Brotherhood does rush through this opening stuff pretty horribly, but the alternative was to retread what people already saw in a much longer format or skip it entirely.

Seda

Some people prefer the original, some prefer Brotherhood. My main two criticisms of Brotherhood are it's rushing of the "duplicate" plot and Brotherhood has quite a bit more slapstick like humor with goofy animations (both common criticisms). Both shows are worth watching.

I don't blame them for getting through the early episodes so fast. Most people at that point have seen all those events in the manga and/or original anime.

Seda

I like the look on Spikes face there
KuGsj.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom