• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
You know Meta, I think you should bold new eps that are new to Toonami. I mean, if you're going to do it for Naruto, I think E7 and Inuyasha should have it too.

Not bolding FMA or Bebop won't be an issue anymore.

Seda

You know Meta, I think you should bold new eps that are new to Toonami. I mean, if you're going to do it for Naruto, I think E7 and Inuyasha should have it too.

I believe he's not bolding shows that have been on Adult Swim's anime block in any fashion.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Best just to stick to "new to the network" episodes. These Fullmetal episodes would still be bold otherwise (and Naruto would NOT be bold), and for the first 6 months or so of the new block literally everything would have been bold.

It would look like this:

12:00 - Bleach - 284 - Chain of Sacrifice, Halibel's Past
12:30 - Naruto - 11 - The Land Where a Hero Once Lived
1:00 - Thundercats - 19 - The Pit
1:30 - Samurai 7 - 26 - The Era's End - END
2:00 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 19 - The Steel Foe
2:30 - Eureka seveN - 26 - Morning Glory
3:00 - Tenchi Muyo! GXP - 14 - Neju Who?
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 13 - The Beasts of Dublith
4:00 - Cowboy Bebop - 5 - Ballad of Fallen Angels
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 6 - Sympathy for the Devil
5:00 - Inuyasha - 27 - The Lake of the Evil Water God
5:30 - Inuyasha - 28 - Miroku Falls Into a Dangerous Trap

Seems less useful to me.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Best just to stick to "new to the network" episodes. These Fullmetal episodes would still be bold otherwise (and Naruto would NOT be bold), and for the first 6 months or so of the new block literally everything would have been bold.

"New to network" means Naruto wouldn't be bold, though.

I just don't think it makes much sense in Inuyasha and especially E7's case. Bebop, GitS, and FMA were carried over straight from AS reruns. E7 and Inuyasha were started anew like Naruto.

I know, we talked about it some months ago when E7 first started, but I think he should revise it.

why, though? i think the number of people who haven't actually watched Adult Swim's anime prior to Toonami will be comparatively low

Andrex said:

Adult Swim is considered a separate network. and even then it was never aired uncut on Cartoon Network.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

I just don't think it makes much sense in Inuyasha and especially E7's case. Bebop, GitS, and FMA were carried over straight from AS reruns. E7 and Inuyasha were started anew like Naruto.

Naruto has never aired on this network before.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Naruto has never aired on this network before.

e5YuU.gif

It isn't new to Toonami. E7 is.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Later.

Forgot to make my new blue GIFs, will have them ready next week...

Side note, the blue has really grown on me.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning Toonami-GAF
Is everybody okay after last night? I know it was rough.

So it's confirmed the new show is Soul Eater. It's the same length as Eureka Seven so expect it to be around for a while.

Raxus

Looking forward to Soul Eater w/you guys. I am glad there is just something on Toonami I want to watch and haven't seen before.

BatDan

The only way I can see them keep new shows a secret is to straight-up lie to schedulers, and that is not a good idea.

It seems last night's theme was death. Starrk and the little girl gun died on Bleach, Heihachi and Kyuzo died on Samurai 7 and Octus died on Sym-Bionic Titan.

Raxus

The only way I can see them keep new shows a secret is to straight-up lie to schedulers, and that is not a good idea.

It seems last night's theme was death. Starrk and the little girl gun died on Bleach, Heihachi and Kyuzo died on Samurai 7 and Octus died on Sym-Bionic Titan.

Our souls died watching Bad Luck Brian and Naruto's pacing died with the Tree Training Arc.

Death is a good theme but sadly it is also a huge spoiler for the shows that night. Next week's theme is easy. Trolling. My god the trolls. Trolls as far as the eye can see.

Seda

And flashbacks , some because of the deaths.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I still haven't gotten over that one and I know what happens next...

Yeah, Toonami needs One Piece, Jojo & Magi.

No to Magi, no to One Piece. One Piece will never get done and the animes pacing and animation are garbage. The manga is better. I mean earlier one piece was pretty good in terms of animation and pacing, but, it just got worse.

JoJo would be perfect for Toonami, but, the copyrights yo.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Soul Eater was not the best series in the world, but compared to some of the bombs Toonami has been serving up lately, it is like mana from heaven.

Hiltz

I was pleasantly surprised by those episodes of Samurai Seven and Sym-Bionic Titan. I didn't see much of Titan when it first aired, but it's a good series. Soul Eater's coming, huh ? Never seen it before.

Jintor

I love Symbionic and all but I'm kind of sad it's rebooting instead of getting a new show. Ah well, you can't have everything, and Soul Eater is pretty baller

one day we'll get Persona'd

BatDan

I love Symbionic and all but I'm kind of sad it's rebooting instead of getting a new show. Ah well, you can't have everything, and Soul Eater is pretty baller

one day we'll get Persona'd

At least Titan is a great show that deserves to be experienced.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'm glad SBT is getting a rerun, not because I'm necessarily chomping at the bit to rewatch it, but that it has yet another opportunity to pick up more fans and perhaps, one day, come back.

I'm convinced that if AD can come back, literally anything can. At least in animation it's easier to recast and you don't have to worry about actors aging.

Hope never dies!

Azure J

No to Magi, no to One Piece. One Piece will never get done and the animes pacing and animation are garbage. The manga is better. I mean earlier one piece was pretty good in terms of animation and pacing, but, it just got worse.

JoJo would be perfect for Toonami, but, the copyrights yo.

The OP adaptation only gets slowed post Enies Lobby and even then it still has its moments. The source material is strong enough to carry it even with Toei's derpy methods of handling the show. No reason we should have Bleach and Naruto for the nth time on US television while people still haven't experienced the best of One Piece post Alabasta (Skypiea's second half, Water 7, Thriller Bark and Saobody - Marineford all take place in that order for God's sake!) with a dub that isn't aural poison. If number of episodes is a problem, cut the number of Bebops/Inuyashas down and give OP two eps (or more if possible).

Also don't get the knock against Magi, but that's cool. Jojo's would be the fucking best though.

Am I allowed to do another dream lineup?

One Piece
Bleach
Naruto
Symbiotic Titan (Season Two, believe)
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Magi
Soul Eater
Katanagatari, or insert two shows that are "new" to the viewership, two Toonami classics (Outlaw Star & Trigun?) or use this block of time as a test bed for hour-longs/OVAs.
FMA
Bebop
Inuyasha

Staples to start it off, newer boutique things to fill the mid section, then soul food classics for the finish.

To those who have never seen Soul Eater before, it's good, at least the little best out of most of what Toonami is showing now. I had it in my custom lineup, skip to 0:26 to see it. ( may be spoiler, i dunno. ) Do what I do, watch the opening before you watch the cut version, and get a good feeling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiQacHrzsHc

Also, here Seda and you all, the blue version :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnhrKSKmZrw

This is all so cool.

BatDan

The OP adaptation only gets slowed post Enies Lobby and even then it still has its moments. The source material is strong enough to carry it even with Toei's derpy methods of handling the show. No reason we should have Bleach and Naruto for the nth time on US television while people still haven't experienced the best of One Piece post Alabasta (Skypiea's second half, Water 7, Thriller Bark and Saobody - Marineford all take place in that order for God's sake!) with a dub that isn't aural poison. If number of episodes is a problem, cut the number of Bebops/Inuyashas down and give OP two eps (or more if possible).

Also don't get the knock against Magi, but that's cool. Jojo's would be the fucking best though.

To be fair, even Enies Lobby had pacing issues. I remember recaps being stupidly long (more so than usual) and I know some fans weren't too happy with how long Luffy vs. Lucci was taking.

Also, if One Piece ever gets on TV, by the time it got to the
timeskip
, the series would be years ahead in Japan. Even further than usual.

Jintor

Am I allowed to do another dream lineup?

One Piece
Bleach
Naruto
Symbiotic Titan (Season Two, believe)
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
Magi
Soul Eater
Katanagatari, or insert two shows that are "new" to the viewership, two Toonami classics (Outlaw Star & Trigun?) or use this block of time as a test bed for hour-longs/OVAs.
FMA
Bebop
Inuyasha

Staples to start it off, newer boutique things to fill the mid section, then soul food classics for the finish.

This is all so cool.

No Gurren Lagann?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
To be fair, even Enies Lobby had pacing issues. I remember recaps being stupidly long (more so than usual) and I know some fans weren't too happy with how long Luffy vs. Lucci was taking.

Also, if One Piece ever gets on TV, by the time it got to the
timeskip
, the series would be years ahead in Japan. Even further than usual.

They'd have to do 2 episodes a day, every day to catch up to where it is right now and that would take a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom