• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cranzor

Even though I'm more of an onlooker in this thread rather than a participant, I still consider myself a member of this community and I say go for it! I don't have much experience with any of this so unfortunately I probably won't be able to contribute. I have been looking into making music a little bit though, so maybe sometime in the future I could provide some beats that embrace the spirit of Toonami!

That's just a maybe though. :(

789shadow

Banned
If I can get Andrex to offer recording services or teach me how to do it, I'll start PM'ing interested parties for possibly this very Sunday.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
So here is a question for Toonami-GAF, how would you guys rate the handling of anime on Cartoon Network/Adult Swim?

So here is a question for Toonami-GAF, how would you guys rate the handling of anime on Cartoon Network/Adult Swim?

Hoping to find some support for your Twitter spat with DeMarco?

Sorry, but I have to agree with him: right now, what other channel has any anime on, period?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
There is Nicktoons, but they only air shows that already aired on other channels (DBZ and Yu-Gi-Oh).
I know it's DBZ Kai, but that's just a recut version of DBZ and really doesn't count.

Cartoon Network and Adult Swim are the only ones that really care about getting new anime.
In fact, Yu-Gi-Oh already aired on Cartoon Network as well.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Hoping to find some support for your Twitter spat with DeMarco?

Sorry, but I have to agree with him: right now, what other channel has any anime on, period?

Not really, I never contended that they hate anime, but he was acting like claims of the people had no merit. To wit, Adult Swim and Anime have always been cool with each other when that was the case.

2/16 SCHEDULE UPDATE
12:00- Bleach
12:30- Naruto
1:00- Soul Eater
1:30- Thundercats
2:00- Sym-Bionic Titan
2:30- Eureka 7
3:00- Tenchi Muyo! GXP
3:30- Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
4:00- Cowboy Bebop
4:30- Cowboy Bebop
5:00- Inuyasha
5:30 Inuyasha
Let's see how Soul Eater will do at this time.

BatDan

2/16 SCHEDULE UPDATE
12:00- Bleach
12:30- Naruto
1:00- Soul Eater
1:30- Thundercats
2:00- Sym-Bionic Titan
2:30- Eureka 7
3:00- Tenchi Muyo! GXP
3:30- Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
4:00- Cowboy Bebop
4:30- Cowboy Bebop
5:00- Inuyasha
5:30 Inuyasha
Let's see how Soul Eater will do at this time.

Makes sense.
I do wish that when Titan restarts, it switches places with ThunderCats.

Seda

So unless anybody else wants to, I'll be posting the new thread after this week's Toonami. The OP's format won't be different than what I have now. We probably will be around 18500 posts or so and could go another week, but It makes sense for the new show (plus I wont be around the following week anyway).

Not sure if I dig the "These buttons don't push themselves" subtitle mentioned earlier and feel free to offer suggestions. Also, should we stick to OT or go to community? I assume most of you have these threads subbed anyway.

YES, I knew they'd switch it to 1:00!

Beautiful lineup and sweet, twitter feeds.

So unless anybody else wants to, I'll be posting the new thread after this week's Toonami. The OP's format won't be different than what I have now. We probably will be around 18500 posts or so and could go another week, but It makes sense for the new show (plus I wont be around the following week anyway).

Not sure if I dig the "These buttons don't push themselves" subtitle mentioned earlier and feel free to offer suggestions. Also, should we stick to OT or go to community? I assume most of you have these threads subbed anyway.

If you feel like you can keep it handled, do it. If not, i'll just volunteer it for the heck of it.

Seda

Oh when I first glanced at that lineup schedule I didn't realize they placed Soul Eater above Thundercats. Smart move.

I'd rather something new at 1:30, actually - and I love Titan. But I think having the first two hours mostly new to Toonami is the way to go.

BatDan

Out of boredom, here's a revised list of tentative ending dates for Toonami shows. Excluding FMA: Brotherhood, Cowboy Bebop and InuYasha.

ThunderCats: March 30th, 2013
Tenchi Muyo GXP: May 4th, 2013
Sym-Bionic Titan (Second Run): July 6th, 2013
Eureka Seven: July 27th, 2013
Soul Eater: February 1st, 2014 (it's a long one folks, strap in)
Bleach: August 30th, 2014
Naruto (Episiode 135): June 27th, 2015

All dates are subject to change.

Out of boredom, here's a revised list of tentative ending dates for Toonami shows. Excluding FMA: Brotherhood, Cowboy Bebop and InuYasha.

ThunderCats: March 30th, 2013
Tenchi Muyo GXP: May 4th, 2013
Sym-Bionic Titan (Second Run): July 6th, 2013
Eureka Seven: July 27th, 2013
Soul Eater: February 1st, 2014 (it's a long one folks, strap in)
Bleach: August 30th, 2014
Naruto (Episiode 135): June 27th, 2015

All dates are subject to change.

Thank you sir.

I really hope they don't replay Thundercats....They can get another show by the end of March right?

Hopefully. If they can't, oh man...

BatDan

I really hope they don't replay Thundercats....They can get another show by the end of March right?

I'm sure they can. Funimation has plenty of shows worthy of Adult Swim.
Like... *reads* Wow, I have not heard of most of these titles.

BatDan

May seems so far away.

Remember that one episode where stuff actually happened and we thought the show might get decent? How wrong we were.
Heh, I remember when I thought the first episode was actually kind of funny. Then the joke got really old, then the show broke my suspension of disbelief by having all these women obsess over this little shit.
You're right, May can't come fast enough.

Never mind, I thought you were gonna refer to that for what they can air.

Oops ._.

Haha.
I'm sure there's something they can air.
Funimation has Toriko now, that'd be perfect.
Or maybe it doesn't have to be Funimation. I'm sure Viz has something, even if their dubs are boring. Sentai Film Works still has Persona 4.

I would prefer to stay in OT just because

BatDan

Let's stick to OT. As B-Dubs said we're only really busy on Saturday nights. Rest of the week is sparse posting.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
they don't.

Well, I can't really ignore the fact that for a good four years Adult Swim Action was pretty much a shambling corpse outside of the occasional fresh show. This is one reason I am glad Toonami came around, they have come to care about anime once again.

Well, I can't really ignore the fact that for a good four years Adult Swim Action was pretty much a shambling corpse outside of the occasional fresh show. This is one reason I am glad Toonami came around, they have come to care about anime once again.

if they really did not care they could have easily replaced it with comedy reruns a long time ago.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
if they really did not care they could have easily replaced it with comedy reruns a long time ago.

Who knows, maybe that would have happened if Toonami had not come along. Also, people need to stop confusing my point. It isn't that they gave no shits, it is they only gave half of a shit, which is still only giving half of a shit. They don't hate anime but that doesn't mean they have not had kind of a rocky and contentious relationship with it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom