• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
According to the Tumblr, the six people working on Toonami don't even get paid to do it. They get paid by their other jobs. Now that's doing it for the love/fans.

Mature

rigidportfolio Asked: (If you can) Will you ever post pictures of offices that the Toonami people work in? (I love looking at offices.)
We sure will! Put up a few pics from Jason’s office today, and we’ll put up more of our offices and Toonami folks in the future! Keep checking in.
Did anyone see these pics?

A Saturday without Casshern Sins....We're free from feels!

I miss Casshern already :(

Against my better judgment, I'll give Tenchi Muyo GXP a chance

tumblr_md5i6xMD0V1rehkdzo1_500.png

GXP may not give feels, but let's hope it's enjoyable.

BatDan

Honestly, I'm looking forward to GXP for one reason, it looks light-hearted. After the ultra-violence of Deadman Wonderland and the "EVERYTHING YOU KNOW AND LOVE DIES" mentality of Casshern Sins, something a little lighter would be nice.

Samurai 7 is just eye-rolling when it does its own thing. When it takes from the movie it's great.

Raxus

I am set for tonight. Mt Dew, Doritos, Hot Pockets, breasts, Halo 4, and a great SBT episode to look forward to. Let's do this!

GXP may not give feels, but let's hope it's enjoyable.
Enjoyable it might be. Ratings-getter it won't be.

I really don't understand why they picked it. It doesn't fit the [adult swim] core, and it would only kinda fit if it was aired in 2003-2004 Saturday [adult swim]; however that would be due to people wanting to see the continuation from the Tenchi series IMHO (I believe OVA/Universe/Tokyo ended in 2002 before it aired on [as]?). If they wanted to go on the wayback machine why not air a better Funi castoff? Heck, Vandread is probably a better series, I know the VAing at least is an all-star cast.

You were right, Demarco you 'ol bastard. You were right...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Enjoyable it might be. Ratings-getter it won't be.

I really don't understand why they picked it. It doesn't fit the [adult swim] core, and it would only kinda fit if it was aired in 2003-2004 Saturday [adult swim]; however that would be due to people wanting to see the continuation from the Tenchi series IMHO (I believe OVA/Universe/Tokyo ended in 2002 before it aired on [as]?). If they wanted to go on the wayback machine why not air a better Funi castoff? Heck, Vandread is probably a better series, I know the VAing at least is an all-star cast.

You were right, Demarco you 'ol bastard. You were right...

Dear god, I remember Vandread. That was like Tenchi+Gundam on steroids.

Jintor

FMA is going to finish up in like two weeks, and I'm hoping they're not going to just flip the script on it (as much as I like FMA:B, it's way cooler near the end than near the beginning)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This week on Toonami, the Visoreds take the stage, the Galaxy Police return to Toonami, the battle with the bandits begins, the Thundercats continue their journey, Lance and Ilana have nightmares, Renton and Dominic spend some time together, Father realizes his master plan, Cowboy Bebop does the time warp again, and Inuyasha makes its proper return to its rightful place: the graveyard shift.

12:00 - Bleach - 279 - Hirako and Aizen... A Fated Reunion
12:30 - Tenchi Muyo! GXP - 1 - Rain, Followed by Fog, With Some Occasional Bad Luck
1:00 - Samurai 7 - 13 - The Attack
1:30 - Thundercats - 6 - Journey to the Tower of Omens
2:00 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 6 - Shaman of Fear
2:30 - Eureka seveN - 13 - The Beginning
3:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 61 - He Who Would Swallow God
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 62 - A Fierce Counterattack
4:00 - Cowboy Bebop - 20 - Pierrot Le Fou
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 21 - Boogie Woogie Feng Shui
5:00 - Inuyasha - 1 - The Girl Who Overcame Time... and the Boy Who Was Just Overcome
5:30 - Inuyasha - 2 - Seekers of the Sacred Jewel

Drago

It's really odd that they're skipping so far ahead on CB. Wonder if they're just trying to speed it up so they can add a new show sooner rather than later. Also, next week is the last two episodes of FMA, yes?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The schedule right now shows them rebooting FMA, but I'm wondering if maybe that's a stalling tactic. Bebop will be ending the week after that, so they might just be waiting to swap in two shows at once.

Hope Tenchi is enjoyable...otherwise it's gonna be hard for me to stay up for this.

Casshern was my reason. I'll Finish S7 tho. Might as well.

prwxv3

I have decided to join you bros to watch toonami mostly to see E7 again and to see the reactions future episodes will get.

Reactions to the Ray and Charles arc are going to be glorious

BatDan

I hope one of the Season 4 Boondocks episodes mocks the GOP from this year's election.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom