• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
it was just released this week lol

That's why I'm surprised, I did a Hellsing Ultimate marathon last month and I think I could only find dub eps up to 5 or 6 (on Funimation Elite/their YouTube channel.)

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I could do with a break from Bleach, oh yes. Also, as for what to mock? Samurai Seven still darkens our screens every week as does Tenchi Muyo GXP.

I wonder if they might debut a new show at midnight, and when new Bleach episodes return move that to 12:30, and then re-shuffle the decks for everything else.

It would be two months or so from the last lineup change so I don't think it would be that far-fetched.

I wonder if they might debut a new show at midnight, and when new Bleach episodes return move that to 12:30, and then re-shuffle the decks for everything else.

It would be two months or so from the last lineup change so I don't think it would be that far-fetched.

I think they might just let Bleach filler re-air again.

EDIT : Never mind, episode 265 is the END of the filler arc. They'll re-air that episode and throw Bleach on hiatus for 8 weeks.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Just heard about the Bleach hiatus.
On the bright side, we don't have to suffer through Bleach for a couple months.
On the down side, it means it will take longer for it to end. It will still be at least 2014 but still...
Plus, Bleach is so much fun to riff. Especially when Aizen trolls.

I am curious as to what we'll get. If it's longer than eight episodes, it might be a fixture until it ends. Take out Bebop or FMA to make room.

Seda

Anything is better than Bleach, bt if they do rerun, I'll still watch and laugh.

And I think it's clear GXP just going to be a zany comedy .... thing. About as different from Casshern as you can get.

BatDan

I don't mind GXP. It feels nice to have a light-hearted comedy, especially after Casshen Sins spent 24 episodes punching people in the stomach with dying robots, dying humans, and multiple playings of The Path.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Anything is better than Bleach, bt if they do rerun, I'll still watch and laugh.

And I think it's clear GXP just going to be a zany comedy .... thing. About as different from Casshern as you can get.

Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll show something awesome instead of Bleach for a while.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I know the tumblr says not to trust this, but where there's smoke, there's fire...

qL9sn.jpg

New revisions to the schedule are in red.

I know the tumblr says not to trust this, but where there's smoke, there's fire...

qL9sn.jpg

New revisions to the schedule are in red.

Trusted or not, according to that....

• Samurai 7 is getting pushed back again.
  • Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is going back to it's 30-minute run.
  • ANOTHER new show may replace the 12:30 slot.

But, that's if it's real. They can't lie on the On-Air schedule, they can only hide and re-arrange.

So I bought toonamigaf.com, should we do anything with it?

Awesome, might have some ideas for it. Could use some stuff from my domain.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The only thing that I would be completely certain about from that schedule is that there's a new show that's going to debut. The exact configuration of the lineup, and most notably Bleach's inclusion on it, is another matter entirely.

A shuffle like that might point to an hour long show at midnight. 8 weeks of hiatus for Bleach, possible hour long time slot, Hellsing Ultimate's episodes 5 through 8 having just gotten their US release earlier this week...

Steve Blum + ToonamiGAF

Massive props to Mr. Blum himself, not only for providing his voice acting skills for us mortals but for doing it in the name of such a good cause. For those unaware, Steve Blum (voice actor for TOM) said he'd record a line in one of the characters he's played if you donated $100 or more to the Red Cross for Hurricane Sandy relief.

Not only that, but he was actually kind enough to re-record the message (he said G.A.F. originally instead of "gaffe.") And not only that, he offered up two versions of the corrected version with two different tracks of Toonami background music.

So I can't stress enough how awesome Mr. Blum is. Steve, thank you.

I put the video together, syncing it to the two bumps that use the music he chose.
I also ripped the old Toonami end-beep from the TOM2 era and sought to recreate it. How'd I do?

Video: ToonamiGAF - YouTube

MP3s:

Come home from a long day at work to see this? Hell yes. Thanks to the both of you for putting this together. :D

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I wonder how many people here will be getting the Wii U at midnight tonight and spend some time playing that instead of watching Toonami?

You know people can play the Wii U and watch Toonami at the same time, right?
3AQmK.gif
But juggling both of those and GAF might be a bit hard...

I might be out for the first hour or so, but I should be here for most of the rest of the night.

Drago

I think I'll stay up until Titan tonight and skip Eureka for an extra half hour of sleep so I can get a WiiU early tomorrow. The entire series is on crunchy roll for free so I'll just catch it later.

Steve Blum + ToonamiGAF

Massive props to Mr. Blum himself, not only for providing his voice acting skills for us mortals but for doing it in the name of such a good cause. For those unaware, Steve Blum (voice actor for TOM) said he'd record a line in one of the characters he's played if you donated $100 or more to the Red Cross for Hurricane Sandy relief.

Not only that, but he was actually kind enough to re-record the message (he said G.A.F. originally instead of "gaffe.") And not only that, he offered up two versions of the corrected version with two different tracks of Toonami background music.

So I can't stress enough how awesome Mr. Blum is. Steve, thank you.

I put the video together, syncing it to the two bumps that use the music he chose.
I also ripped the old Toonami end-beep from the TOM2 era and sought to recreate it. How'd I do?

Video: ToonamiGAF - YouTube

MP3s:

Dude, that is awesome. To my sound and video editors!

LycanXIII

Trusted or not, according to that....

• Samurai 7 is getting pushed back again.
  • Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is going back to it's 30-minute run.
  • ANOTHER new show may replace the 12:30 slot.

But, that's if it's real. They can't lie on the On-Air schedule, they can only hide and re-arrange.

Based off ratings, it makes sense to move S7 back again. Thundercats has put up higher numbers the past two weeks.

BatDan

New game review tonight. Any thoughts on what it will be?
Since it hasn't been promoted, I'm hoping something that isn't a big name like Assassin's Creed 3 or Call of Duty Black Ops 2.

LycanXIII

New game review tonight. Any thoughts on what it will be?
Since it hasn't been promoted, I'm hoping something that isn't a big name like Assassin's Creed 3 or Call of Duty Black Ops 2.

I believe DeMarco mentioned Borderlands 2 and Dishonored not to long ago as reviews he'd like to do.

BatDan

I believe DeMarco mentioned Borderlands 2 and Dishonored not to long ago as reviews he'd like to do.

Heh, I can see Toonami reviews of those work. I wonder if they'll do a Wii U recap like they did with the original Xbox waaaay back when that came out.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Hisagi confronts Tousen, Seina learns a bit about space, the farmers offer the samurai to the bandits, Lion-O reads from the Book of Omens, the Titan gang has to fight at school, Eureka recaps the first season's worth of episodes, the Bebop crew meets Cowboy Andy, and Inuyasha and Kagome take on a hair demon. The highlight of the night, however, is the end of the Fullmetal Alchemist's journey.

12:00 - Bleach - 280 - Hisagi and Tousen, the Moment of Parting
12:30 - Tenchi Muyo! GXP - 2 - Police and Pirates
1:00 - Samurai 7 - 14 - The Offering
1:30 - Thundercats - 7 - Legacy
2:00 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 7 - Showdown at Sherman High
2:30 - Eureka seveN - 14 - Memory Band
3:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 63 - The Other Side of the Gateway
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 64 - Journey's End - END
4:00 - Cowboy Bebop - 22 - Cowboy Funk
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 23 - Brain Scratch
5:00 - Inuyasha - 3 - Down the Rabbit Hole and Back Again
5:30 - Inuyasha - 4 - Yura of the Demon Hair

So I bought toonamigaf.com, should we do anything with it?
If you want, you could turn it into a Toonami fansite similar to the Geocities sites that used to populate the 90s-early 2000's. Have writers and stuff and everything, however there are alot of those sites now...

If you get any ideas, you have my sword. I'd love to get back into writing and chasing down [as]/Williams street PR guys again. Nevermind the fun part of scrounging for ratings! :p

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Let's take a moment now to talk a little bit about Eureka seveN.

In my experience, this is the phase of the series where the show loses the people who are on the fence about it. Even ignoring tonight's recap episode, the episodes in the teens slow waaaaay down, become extremely character focused and introspective, and for some viewers can be downright frustrating. When you consider that the entire first half+ of the series is designed in such a way that the audience experiences it largely in the way that Renton himself experiences it, this makes perfect sense and is totally by design. That doesn't make it any more entertaining for some people, though.

Of course, this is all leading to some major payoff as we get closer to episode 20 or so, and there's still a ton of information and plot twists included in these episodes (they're just, for the most part, really obtuse and deliberately only partially explained at most for the time being), and the arc that these events lead directly into is considered by many, including people who don't care much for the series as a whole, to be the show at its best. And then after that the show launches into its second half, which is (almost) all main plot hurtling forward all the time.

Consider the past few weeks' episodes that we just finished as more of a preview of what is to come on the other side of this batch of episodes coming up. A little taste of where the show is eventually going.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
If you want, you could turn it into a Toonami fansite similar to the Geocities sites that used to populate the 90s-early 2000's. Have writers and stuff and everything, however there are alot of those sites now...

If you get any ideas, you have my sword. I'd love to get back into writing and chasing down [as]/Williams street PR guys again. Nevermind the fun part of scrounging for ratings! :p

That sounds fun, I'm in if we do something like that. You have my axe.

Seda

Let's take a moment now to talk a little bit about Eureka seveN.

In my experience, this is the phase of the series where the show loses the people who are on the fence about it. Even ignoring tonight's recap episode, the episodes in the teens slow waaaaay down, become extremely character focused and introspective, and for some viewers can be downright frustrating. When you consider that the entire first half+ of the series is designed in such a way that the audience experiences it largely in the way that Renton himself experiences it, this makes perfect sense and is totally by design. That doesn't make it any more entertaining for some people, though.

Of course, this is all leading to some major payoff as we get closer to episode 20 or so, and there's still a ton of information and plot twists included in these episodes (they're just, for the most part, really obtuse and deliberately only partially explained at most for the time being), and the arc that these events lead directly into is considered by many, including people who don't care much for the series as a whole, to be the show at its best. And then after that the show launches into its second half, which is (almost) all main plot hurtling forward all the time.

Consider the past few weeks' episodes that we just finished as more of a preview of what is to come on the other side of this batch of episodes coming up. A little taste of where the show is eventually going.

good to know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom