• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the new lineup consists of:

12:00 - Bleach
12:30 - Tenchi Muyo GXP
1:00 - Samurai 7
1:30 - Eureka 7
2:00 - Symbionic Titan
2:30 - Thundercats
3:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
4:00 - Cowboy Bebop
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop
5:00 - Inuyasha
5:30 - Inuyasha

I hope that's accurate enough...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So the new lineup consists of:

12:00 - Bleach
12:30 - Tenchi Muyo GXP
1:00 - Samurai 7
1:30 - Eureka 7
2:00 - Symbionic Titan
2:30 - Thundercats
3:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
3:30 - FMA:BH
4:00 - Cowboy Bebop
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop
5:00 - Inuyasha
5:30 - Inuyasha

I hope that's accurate enough...

Fuck, I am NOT staying up til 6 AM!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Sooo is it one of the good Tenchi Muyo series? That episode that aired on April Fool's was a massive mindscrew and hard to watch.

Seda

So I know nothing about Tenchi Muyo except what was aired on April Fools.... What the heck is it and what does GXP mean?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
GXP is...random.

Does GXP even have Tenchi in it? What a strange choice. Well, at least it's something different, and Tenchi is a throwback to the old school Toonami.

Takao

Banned
GXP is like 10 years old though.

There were ads for it on my DBZ singles DVDs from when I was a little Takao. Fruits Basket up next? The return of Blue Gender? lol

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So I know nothing about Tenchi Muyo except what was aired on April Fools.... What the heck is it and what does GXP mean?

GXP is a parallel series to Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki. Basically while the main cast of Tenchi Muyo! is doing their thing in that series, GXP follows what the Galaxy Police are up to.

It's a pretty weird pick, honestly.

GXP is...random.

Does GXP even have Tenchi in it? What a strange choice. Well, at least it's something different, and Tenchi is a throwback to the old school Toonami.

According to Wiki, i's a new character, but some of the original cast make cameos. The show "runs parallel" to the other Tenchi shows.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So I just saw the commercial and it sure looked like there was a Tenchi looking mofo in that Tenchi show.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
But the whole premise of the show is random girls chase Tenchi while he to do whatever the hell the plot requires that week.

Yea but the joke is that Tenchi is about as interesting and appealing then a bunch of old newspaper stapled to a block of wood, so I can live without him being in the series.

Drago

Sorta upset that the schedule surprise was ruined early :(

But I am happy to hear that the rumor of Eureka and TC switching places turned out to be false

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Sorta upset that the schedule surprise was ruined early :(

But I am happy to hear that the rumor of Eureka and TC switching places turned out to be false

Eureka and Thundercats ARE switching places. The backdoor schedule was completely correct, aside from not mentioning Tenchi.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Will they pop GitS back on when FMA:B ends?

My guess is probably not, considering it's stopping right in the middle of the season. DRRR!!, FLCL, or Big O are all more likely.

Also, if they are skipping ahead in Bebop like the schedule says they are, then they're going to need yet another replacement show only a week or two after Fullmetal ends.

Tamanon

Banned
Tenchi's only good point was when he went all FULL JURAI POWER any way, so as long as this new guy does the same thing, it'll be fine.

GXP is the only one besides the second half of the Tenchi Muyo OVA that I haven't seen yet. I'll be down for it at least.

Man, the first two Tenchi movies were awesome though, hopefully Toonami does some movie events one time.

Preble

Somebody on the [adult swim] boards said a scene from Outlaw Star was in the new lineup promo. Is that true?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
TENCHI MUYO!!!

ohhhh....nm

Too bad they can't go old school with Escaflowne or Gundam Wing. Better yet Gundam G for the hilarity.

G Gundam would be a GREAT choice. Cut out that useless shit and go straight to the giant robots beating the shit out of each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom