• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
This looks to be interesting, I wouldn't mind The Final Act since I haven't bothered to watch it yet (I like the dub better).

Seda

This looks to be interesting, I wouldn't mind The Final Act since I haven't bothered to watch it yet (I like the dub better).

Not sure if you saw it (and probably should be posted again for the new page anyway) unless DeMarco is flat out lying, Inuyasha: The Final Act is not the new show. Meta referred to this on the last page. But maybe you did see that but your statement still stands anyway.

Q6IMX.png

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Not sure if you saw it (and probably should be posted again for the new page anyway) unless DeMarco is flat out lying, Inuyasha: The final ACt is not the show show. Meta referred to this on the last page. But maybe you did see that but your statement still stands anyway.

Q6IMX.png

Eh, he could be trying to throw us or it might be something we haven't thought of. Until we see it we won't know, it's just fun to assume and whatnot. I know it won't be TFA, but at the same time I'm not sure what it'd be. We have been hearing a lot about Megas in the last week so maybe that's a sign? I just like the guessing really.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I just want to see how Casshern ends tomorrow, something tells me we'll all kill ourselves with rusty sporks or something.

Drago

I read a synopsis of what happens in the last episode (don't care for spoilers as I missed almost all of the series)

I'm pretty sure you're all going to die, yes

I see some of ToonamiGAF are up late even when it's not Saturday night.

Just the effect of boredom and not being tired :)

No autographs at Youmacon on Friday for me

1. Forgot to recharge the camera's battery before I went to bed, so I stalled my departure for a few hours

2. Waited in the pre-registration line for nearly two hours just to get my badge (and got my badge around the time the autograph sessions were going on)

3. The booklet is bigger but has no autograph page. Which means I cut out the design from a piece of paper the other day for nothing.

I hope to produce some results on Saturday

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Morning Toonami-GAF. Casshern Sins finale is tonight. Who will survive? Who will die? We'll wait and see. ... I'm referring to the show of course.

I do wonder what show will be announced. So many possibilities.

As for the other shows, Bleach will likely be lame as hell, Samurai 7 might be interesting, Sym-Bionic Titan will have street racing, and ThunderCats will reference a meme. There's also Inuyasha, I haven't seen the first two episodes in years. I wonder if it's still just as stupid as I remember.

Seda

Morning Toonami-GAF. Casshern Sins finale is tonight. Who will survive? Who will die? We'll wait and see. ... I'm referring to the show of course.

I do wonder what show will be announced. So many possibilities.

As for the other shows, Bleach will likely be lame as hell, Samurai 7 might be interesting, Sym-Bionic Titan will have street racing, and ThunderCats will reference a meme. There's also Inuyasha, I haven't seen the first two episodes in years. I wonder if it's still just as stupid as I remember.

I slept one hour last night.

I think I'll need to nap sometime today. I need to find a way to watch too.

Does Toonami have some mailing list or something that one can join to get notified when there are new shows or is the only way just keeping up with the internets?

You just have to stay tuned into the internets. It's recommended to follow Jason DeMarco on Twitter, as well as following this thread for any other info.
DeMarco's Twitter: https://twitter.com/Clarknova1
Cool, thanks. I really wanted to see Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, I guess I will catch up on Netflix. The crappy thing is that it appears they do not have all of the episodes streaming, which means I may have to get a few discs by mail. I wish I had recorded all the episodes off of Toonami.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, I was waiting forever to see if they'd add the final part of FMA:B to Netflix, thank goodness Toonami went to two-a-night. We've just hit the point that I haven't seen before, lol.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Here we go, kids.

Tonight on Toonami, the fights against the Espada keep on going, the samurai deal with the traitor, Casshern comes to an end hopefully before we all kill ourselves, and Eureka hits the first of its Acperience episodes. Later, Lance gets a driver's license, and the Thundercats catch up with Panthro. Then in the Daylight Savings hour it's the Toonami debut of Inuyasha! And we wrap it all up with some climactic Fullmetal and more classic GITS and Bebop.

12:00 - Bleach - 278 - The Nightmare Returns... Revival of the Espada
12:30 - Samurai 7 - 12 - The Truth
1:00 - Casshern Sins - 24 - To the Wandering, Blooming Flowers - END
1:30 - Eureka seveN - 12 - Acperience 1
1:00 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 5 - Roar of the White Dragon
1:30 - Thundercats - 5 - Old Friends
2:00 - Inuyasha - 1 - The Girl Who Overcame Time and the Boy Who Was Just Overcome
2:30 - Inuyasha - 2 - Seekers of the Sacred Jewel
3:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 59 - Lost Light
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 60 - Eye of Heaven, Gateway of Earth
4:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 18 - LOST HERITAGE
4:30 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 19 - CAPTIVATED
5:00 - Cowboy Bebop - 9 - Jamming with Edward
5:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 10 - Ganymede Elegy

Cranzor

I stayed up somewhat late last night and slept in a bit in order to hopefully not fall asleep this time, especially because of the extra hour I'll be staying up. For some reason I thought Inuyasha was on after Eureka. Either way, I'm still excited to see it. I liked it years ago, we'll see if I still like it.

Also excited for the finale of Casshern, seeing the new lineup, and whatever the new thing is in the daylight saving hour!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I really hope the new show isn't something like Fairy Tail or Soul Eater. With Bleach, Titan, Thundercats, and the possibility of Inuyasha back on the block, the Toonami block as a whole is skewing pretty young in terms of its audience right now. I'd love to see something slightly more "mature" (in the ridiculous blood and guts sort of sense like Deadman Wonderland) or something actually mature (more in the vein of Casshern, GITS, or Bebop).

Drago

I'll probably stay up to the end of InuYasha tonight. I'm pretty good at staying up so hopefully it isn't a problem for me :p

That easter egg DeMarco was talking about, is that during the DST InuYasha hour or did he not give a time?

I'll probably stay up to the end of InuYasha tonight. I'm pretty good at staying up so hopefully it isn't a problem for me :p

That easter egg DeMarco was talking about, is that during the DST InuYasha hour or did he not give a time?

It sounded like the DST hour in his tweet.

Takao

Banned
The first two episodes of InuYasha will be the first series on Toonami that were edited by the provider and not the network. Never forget mistress centipede.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The first two episodes of InuYasha will be the first series on Toonami that were edited by the provider and not the network. Never forget mistress centipede.

What about Cowboy Bebop? Bebop has several lines of dialogue redubbed for its television version and numerous scenes redrawn, either to draw out excess blood or even, in one scene, gay sex.

Takao

Banned
What about Cowboy Bebop? Bebop has several lines of dialogue redubbed for its television version and numerous scenes redrawn, either to draw out excess blood or even, in one scene, gay sex.

I've never seen the TV version of Bebop 'cause it didn't air on a channel I get in Canadaland, lol.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Hello darkness, my old friend, I have come to talk with you again, because a vision softly creeping, left its seeds while I was still sleeping, and the vision that was planted in my brain still remains within the sound of silence.

bananas

Banned
So, do you guys think that the show they replace Casshern with will be at 12:30 and they'll move Samurai 7 to 1:00, or just air the new show at 1?

To be honest, I'd rather have this schedule:

12 - Bleach (not because I like it, but let's be honest, it ain't moving)
12:30 - New Show
1:00 - Sym-bionic Titan
1:30 - Eureka Seven
2:00 - Samurai 7
2:30 - Thundercats
3-4: FMA: Brotherhood
4-5: GitS: SAC
5-6: Cowboy Bebop

Takao

Banned
It depends on the show. If it's something AS already aired it'll get the later slot. If it's something new it'll probably push down Samurai 7.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
All signs point to it being something new. They're going to need another new show in a later slot in a couple of weeks anyway, so it makes sense to save the old AS shows for then.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
All signs point to it being something new. They're going to need another new show in a later slot in a couple of weeks anyway, so it makes sense to save the old AS shows for then.

Please oh please be Baccano! It's the only thing bloody enough, with enough feels (and AMAZING music) that would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom