• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh so yup Thundercats and Eureka are switching

Thundercats are at 1:30 now, might wanna change-up.

cecb63c7db0349f72fd7.png

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Tenchi? ....eh

I really wanted them to bring in something new :/

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Checking Wiki, Tenchi Muyo GXP is only 26 episodes. I don't think we'll be seeing any long-runners for a while. Maybe after Bleach ends in 2014.

Checking Wiki, Tenchi Muyo GXP is only 26 episodes. I don't think we'll be seeing any long-runners for a while. Maybe after Bleach ends in 2014.
Still a good chunk that will last awhile. I kinda like it like this. It's giving me a chance to see shows that I haven't watched before. At a faster pace.

Aww, this was my first watchthrough of GITS and now it's going away.

On the flip side, now I can marathon a few eps at a time.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
It hasn't? I thought Tenchi everything (other than the OVAs) had got a run.

Tenchi Universe, Tenchi in Tokyo, and the first two Tenchi OVAs aired on Toonami. The third Tenchi OVA and Tenchi Muyo! GXP never aired (with the exception of the final episode of the third OVA, which appeared in the April Fools Toonami lineup this year).

DY_nasty

Cool. Can't be mad then.

I'll just go back to preparing for Hurricane Feelix

Amikami

Banned
dba3f96eb898d898b6ed.png

317a948f2a1489f3ddc7.png

TOM speaks the truth. And So does my photoshopping.

So Tenchi Muyo to replace Casshern :(. Was definitely looking for something to replace the feels and bazaar uniquness. First we lose DMW, and now Casshern. I feel like the lineup will be too tame now. Lol. Oh well.

So Tenchi Muyo to replace Casshern :(. Was definitely looking for something to replace the feels and bazaar uniquness. First we lose DMW, and now Casshern. I feel like the lineup will be too tame now. Lol. Oh well.

Since Cashew Feels never really moved the ratings needle, I think they might avoid that kind of show for a bit.

DY_nasty

Aizen trolling will kick up soon in Bleach, Eureka gets crazy soon, Samurai 7 will... be a mistake to be learned from...

meh, I'll still watch

DY_nasty

Just a string of Johnny Yong Bosch shows.

Bleach, Code Geass, Durarara, Persona 4 anime.

And then he can start voicing Tom too.

Really kinda shocked that P4 talk hasn't picked up...

And no Baccano! means everyone loses.

Takao

Banned
black lagoon is the show toonami needs
but the bleeps would be amazing

Part of me fears Funimation is just redoing the entire first two seasons with a Texas cast and throwing Ocean under a bus for continuity with the OVAs.

Amikami

Banned
Since Cashew Feels never really moved the ratings needle, I think they might avoid that kind of show for a bit.

What a shame. Casshern was so different from everything. Maybe too different, but it's understandable. Whatever keeps the ratings up to keep Toonami going.

Aizen trolling will kick up soon in Bleach, Eureka gets crazy soon, Samurai 7 will... be a mistake to be learned from...

meh, I'll still watch

Lol. I've been watching bleach just because of the gaf conversation to get me through. If it gets more interesting than maybe I can continue to sit through it. I've seen Eureka seven already, but a lot I have forgotten so I'll enjoy it. I know things are about to get pretty good. Samurai Seven is... well I enjoy it more than the Bleach filler.

BatDan

Speaking of Bleach the last two chapters have bought some interesting development.....

Uggggh. Freakin'
Mega Man Ichigo
If the anime was still going, the last few chapters would be a quarter of an episode.

EDIT: I would love Persona 4 to show up. In the last thread, I brought up that it would have been a perfect promotional opportunity with Persona 4 Golden coming soon. Shame...

So, what else has Sentai Filmworks done recently?

Takao

Banned
Sentai has Highschool of the Dead, which like Black Lagoon is a pretty marketable show to western people.

BatDan

Sentai has Highschool of the Dead, which like Black Lagoon is a pretty marketable show to western people.

Yeah, we're not going to get that. I don't even want it, it's a stupid show.

No. Not
Mega Man Ichigo. He doesn't have copy powers, his mom was apparently a Quincy. Huge asspull.

Considering
how many other powers he has, it feels like Mega Man. Just without copying part.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I gotta wonder how much of a ratings boost GXP is going to be, Tenchi was a bit bit of a bulwark, in the early days of Toonami. Doesn't seem to be a lot of familiarity with the modern audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom