• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mature

Like others have said, he seems to get A LOT of 'haters' tweeting him on twitter it seems (he retweets a lot of them too). Heck it's probably what inspired that TOM speech. I think he's just saying, 'some of you will be mad' because somebody always disagrees.
Yeah, I know, but I took it as more of a hint that the show will be polarizing. Maybe it's another shonen like Naruto or something.

Drago

How is Baccano! related to Durarara!! exactly? At least I think it is

Given its praises here, I'd love to see it show up. I'd love for anything good to show up :p

How is Baccano! related to Durarara!! exactly? At least I think it is

Given its praises here, I'd love to see it show up. I'd love for anything good to show up :p

Made by the same guy, Durarara has some references from Baccano, plus two characters from the former cameo in the latter.

Silkworm

I wonder how much editing there'd be for Baccano on TV? Maybe make blood black like in Bleach? Still, they won't do anything to the music, that glorious music!!! :) I'd like to see it on Toonami but I just don't think it will happen :-\

I wonder how much editing there'd be for Baccano on TV? Maybe make blood black like in Bleach? Still, they won't do anything to the music, that glorious music!!! :) I'd like to see it on Toonami but I just don't think it will happen :-\

Hadn't really thought about it, but now that you mention it, a TV airing of Baccano would require a lot of censoring. Hrm.

Might be a glitch in the Matrix, but the servlet schedule for November 10 is showing Bebop moving to 4 am and leapfrogging all the way up to Pierrot Le Fou with Inuyasha moving permanently into the 5 am slot. GITS nowhere to be seen (though the Bebop episodes suspiciously match the numbers that GITS should be at that week).

It also shows Casshern remaining at 1 am, which is obviously not the case since DeMarco is already confirming a new show.

Throw this one onto the "dubious" pile.

f40ca036b7f1d6acc6c1.png

Confirmed negative.

Silkworm

Hadn't really thought about it, but now that you mention it, a TV airing of Baccano would require a lot of censoring. Hrm.

Speaking of which was there a lot of swearing in the Baccano? I can't remember. Violence for sure but doesn't "The Walking Dead" get away with a lot? Maybe that's comparing apples and oranges. Eh, whatever. Can't wait to see what the new show will be. I'd be down for Yu Yu Hakusho since I've never watched it before :-\

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Shit, you're right. maybe they can get away with it unedited if they aired it late enough. Like put it on at 2:30 or 3?
They managed to let the good majority of DMW run just fine.

Its not so much the blood as it is the sexual content that CN would want to censor...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Speaking of which was there a lot of swearing in the Baccano? I can't remember. Violence for sure but doesn't "The Walking Dead" get away with a lot? Maybe that's comparing apples and oranges. Eh, whatever. Can't wait to see what the new show will be. I'd be down for Yu Yu Hakusho since I've never watched it before :-\

I don't think there is a lot of swearing, it's pretty clean dialogue wise considering all the violence.

They managed to let the good majority of DMW run just fine.

Its not so much the blood as it is the sexual content that CN would want to censor...

Then Baccano should be fine, I don't remember anything blatantly sexual.

So, recap of what's going on in the Toonami business right now........

1_New show replaces Casshern Sins, still unknown.
2_For DST this Saturday, 2 episodes of Inuyasha will be airing.
3_A new promo announcing the new lineup will also be aired this Saturday.
4_Any other schedule showing the shows for 11/10/12 midnight are currently FALSE.

Seda

So, recap of what's going on in the Toonami business right now........

1_New show replaces Casshern Sins, still unknown.
2_For DST this Saturday, 2 episodes of Inuyasha will be airing.
3_A new promo announcing the new lineup will also be aired this Saturday.
4_Any other schedule showing the shows for 11/10/12 midnight are currently FALSE.

That all sounds accurate.

Silkworm

I don't think there is a lot of swearing, it's pretty clean dialogue wise considering all the violence.

Then Baccano should be fine, I don't remember anything blatantly sexual.

Yeah I too don't remember anything overtly sexual. Just good ol' glorious violence and awesome music and a cool little story :-D

If (big doubtful if) they do Baccano then how about next Read or Die (the OVA not the TV series). It's short but sweet and heck they did FLCL which was a short OVA. But my real dream would be Paranoia Agent :)

Silkworm

They should get Monster. I never did see the whole thing when SciFi Channel aired it.

That would definitely be a cool property to air. I didn't even realize it had been shown on the air in N. America. Oh well, I wish someone else would pick up the license and give us the rest of the show. I was tempted to get the first box set, but since that's all that has been (and may ever be) releases in N. America I don't want to get attached to it to just wonder how they rest of the series goes. I'm sure there are fan subs out there for the rest of the episodes but I'd rather see it on my TV than view it on a PC screen. *shrug*

Does CN even have any action blocks on the air period right now? Other than their Saturday morning block of toyetic animes...

No sir, just a couple of Weekdays shows like Regular Show, Dragons, etc.

Saturday morning is currently the only cartoonic action block they have........ I think.

Silkworm

Does CN even have any action blocks on the air period right now? Other than their Saturday morning block of toyetic animes...

Nope that's about it. You've got Ben 10, Clone Wars, DC block, HTTYD and that's all on Saturday morning. Other than that you've got Adult Swim. On Monday's you've got Adventure Time and Regular Show but not sure if I'd classify that as an action block per se.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Well, all hope is lost for CN.....

13680d87ba2080b21c97.png

Your loss CN, you just keep trying to promote live-action shit like Level Up and The Annoying Orange while pushing away DC Nation. You may have won the audience back with Adventure Time and Regular Show, but you still have a lot of work to do. Like getting rid of the cartoon hating CEO.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
f40ca036b7f1d6acc6c1.png

Confirmed negative.

For what it's worth, the backdoor schedule shows a continuation of the 11/10 schedule on November 17.

Obviously the Casshern slot is flat out false and is the clear lie involved, but the bigger question to me is whether or not the Bebop move (and flash forward in episodes) and addition of Inuyasha is true.

Will be interesting to see whether it's a TOTAL lie or just a lie about the new show's slot.

EDIT: Hmm, seems the question was specifically about Inuyasha being in the 5 am slot. So I guess it's in the total lie category.

Ultratech

That would definitely be a cool property to air. I didn't even realize it had been shown on the air in N. America. Oh well, I wish someone else would pick up the license and give us the rest of the show. I was tempted to get the first box set, but since that's all that has been (and may ever be) releases in N. America I don't want to get attached to it to just wonder how they rest of the series goes. I'm sure there are fan subs out there for the rest of the episodes but I'd rather see it on my TV than view it on a PC screen. *shrug*

Last I checked, it was fully dubbed and on Youtube to boot.

However, Manga Entertainment seems to have removed it. Not sure why exactly, seeing as they had the entire series up. :(

Well, it's still on Hulu: http://www.hulu.com/naoki-urasawas-monster
But Hulu sucks.

Takao

Banned
Made by the same guy, Durarara has some references from Baccano, plus two characters from the former cameo in the latter.

Speaking of Durarara, I'm kind of surprised that hasn't aired on Toonami yet, unless their broadcast rights for it already expired.

Conan-san

Speaking of Durarara, I'm kind of surprised that hasn't aired on Toonami yet, unless their broadcast rights for it already expired.

Given Aniplex is still feeling the waters, I wouldn't be surprised.

That said, they'd be mad to not have SAO be on roughly this time next year.

Then again, they did release a sub only Fate/Zero at $500 total so "mad" is probably a good fit for them.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Well, either DeMarco is lying to throw people off, or the new show is in fact NOT Inuyasha Final Act.

In which case it could really be anything. Really curious to see what they go with.

Meanwhile, I'm noticing the servlet schedule is showing the usual Eureka-Titan-Thundercats part of the block running in reverse order on November 10/17 (i.e. Thundercats-Titan-Eureka). AND it shows Samurai 7 now moving back a half hour to the 1 am slot, which it did not previously. I know DeMarco says the servlet schedule lies, but the fact that it keeps changing makes me think his tweets are the more likely red herring on that front. Plus the moves with Samurai 7 and Eureka just generally make sense. It makes sense for the newer show to be in the midnight hour, and it makes sense for Eureka to come after all of the actual Adult Swim premieres.

Well, one way or another we'll have answers tomorrow night.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Well, either DeMarco is lying to throw people off, or the new show is in fact NOT Inuyasha Final Act.

In which case it could really be anything. Really curious to see what they go with.

Meanwhile, I'm noticing the servlet schedule is showing the usual Eureka-Titan-Thundercats part of the block running in reverse order on November 10/17 (i.e. Thundercats-Titan-Eureka). AND it shows Samurai 7 now moving back a half hour to the 1 am slot, which it did not previously. I know DeMarco says the servlet schedule lies, but the fact that it keeps changing makes me think his tweets are the more likely red herring on that front. Plus the moves with Samurai 7 and Eureka just generally make sense. It makes sense for the newer show to be in the midnight hour, and it makes sense for Eureka to come after all of the actual Adult Swim premieres.

Well, one way or another we'll have answers tomorrow night.

Shit, if you're right I'll have to sit through TCats....damn it.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Not to mention they've been pushing Thundercats pretty hard, and the original Thundercats was a Toonami classic, so it makes more sense to be running it at 1:30 instead of 2:30.

Seda

So of the announcements he made earlier:

1. This Saturday, inside the first hour we will premiere our new lineup promo!

2. Then, inside the DST hour, we will show Inuyasha eps 1 and 2, and make sure to keep your eyes peeled for a lil' goodie we made.
Expand

3. Finally, there will be a promo for a little something special we'll be doing NEXT week! (HINT: it's another TOM thing).

He's saying #3 is now a Monday thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom