• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT2| Time to Push the Button

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I'm thinking about it, you gotta be a real dick to leave a chick in her 20s behind and let her take care of two kids and not be around when she finally croaks....especially when you're essentially a Philosopher's Stone.

Oh Trisha, what did you ever see in Hohenheim? :p

They really should have timed it right so they could air the finale back to back instead of having it split up like this. Oh well. Time for Inuyasha.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This series has a weird obsession with assuming its audience has never watched the show before.

I do love that back to the show bump. "Wake up!"

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

12:00 - Bleach - 274 - Hitsugaya, the Desperate Hyōten Hyakkasō!
12:30 - Naruto - 1 - Enter: Naruto Uzumaki!
1:00 - Tenchi Muyo! GXP - 4 - True Love, Truly Painful
1:30 - Thundercats - 9 - Berbils
2:00 - Samurai 7 - 16 - The Storm
2:30 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 9 - Tashy 497
3:00 - Eureka seveN - 16 - Opposite View
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 3 - City of Heresy
4:00 - Cowboy Bebop - 25-26 - The Real Folk Blues - END
5:00 - Inuyasha - 7 - Showdown! Inuyasha vs. Sesshomaru
5:30 - Inuyasha - 8 - The Toad Who Would Be Prince

Later.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Haha, next weeks titan is Tashy, eh? Such a good episode! Looking forward to seeing that one again.

On the comments from last night / this morning, about Genndy's character designs for teachers and stuff with sharp noses looking off... those kind of designs for this show just remind me of the cast of Shotaro Ishinomori works like Cyborg 009:

Cyborg-009.jpg

cyborg-009-film.jpg

I think they're great references to the kind of shows and art that obviously inspired Titan, and seeing a western take on such designs is a rare, enjoyable treat.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
With Naruto on Toonami, hopefully this will shut some of the "IT'S NOT TOONAMI WITHOUT X" people up.
Of course, the ones crying for DBZ will never shut up since that's doing very well on Nicktoons.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I wonder if they'll go after Death Note and Code Geass again.

They could do a "director's cut" on DN and just start showing it again from the start after the 2/3rds mark!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
DN has plenty of action. They had a ban on non action shows on adult swim anime the last time it aired so it obviously fit the criteria.

When they say no action they mean cerebral shows with literally no action and other non shonen fair.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
DN has plenty of action. They had a ban on non action shows on adult swim anime the last time it aired so it obviously fit the criteria.

When they say no action they mean cerebral shows with literally no action and other non shonen fair.

There's other Funi shows they can get that haven't been aired before, I don't think they have a need to go in and pay all that money for DN.

i must not have watched far enough then, but if there IS action it takes a hell of a long time to get there

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If anything their first airing of Death Note should lower the price for it because they can point to the ratings and go this doesn't do well and we're the only one willing to air the dub over here.

But as far as shows that haven't been aired anywhere, are old and probably cheap if you can get the rights for? Scrapped Princess is tops on my list. Great show. completely out of print. Not on any of the stream services as far as I remember. Plenty of action.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
If anything their first airing of Death Note should lower the price for it because they can point to the ratings and go this doesn't do well and we're the only one willing to air the dub over here.

But as far as shows that haven't been aired anywhere, are old and probably cheap if you can get the rights for? Scrapped Princess is tops on my list. Great show. completely out of print. Not on any of the stream services as far as I remember. Plenty of action.

If it got bad ratings why should they grab it? I'd rather them take a risk on something we haven't seen. Well that and bring back stuff that died too early, but that might be hoping for too much.

Cranzor

I've posted this before, but I still think Mushi-Shi would be a great fit for Toonami. I'd love to see it on there. I am not exactly sure what qualifies as an action show though. There isn't really fighting in it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
With Naruto on Toonami, hopefully this will shut some of the "IT'S NOT TOONAMI WITHOUT X" people up.
Of course, the ones crying for DBZ will never shut up since that's doing very well on Nicktoons.

Who are these people?

i think they should only re-air shows that have actually done well in ratings.

or, as is probably the case for Eureka 7, were available for really fucking cheap

Man God

Non-Canon Member
i think they should only re-air shows that have actually done well in ratings.

or, as is probably the case for Eureka 7, were available for really fucking cheap

I'm betting you could get Dub Note for really fucking cheap. No one else wants it.

It's the beauty behind this whole system. You just need the right terms.

Seda

Naruto huh...

EDIT: Drago, could you make separate images for 3:00 and 3:30 for the OP?

(It was Drago who made these right?)

EDIT2: Yeah I missed this week's Toonami because I was having too much fun over the Thanksgiving holiday

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Well, the Toonami Tumblr has started posting One Piece pics...

The next post said they only posted it because it used to be on Toonami and they like it, and that it doesn't mean anything about the future.

Or so they say. They could be lying to protect themselves.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The next post said they only posted it because it used to be on Toonami and they like it, and that it doesn't mean anything about the future.

Or so they say. They could be lying to protect themselves.

They said the same thing when they started posting Naruto pics a few weeks back.

Granted, they are probably telling the truth, but it does indicate that it's on their minds. There are a whole lot of other shows that used to be on Toonami (or currently are now, for that matter) that they haven't posted any material from on there.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Lol, Bleach + Naruto + One Piece all in a row, it'd be a shonensplosion. Just add YYH to that and it'd be two hours of it.

Although, if they did it it would feel like they're overcompensating for no DBZ.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Naruto huh...

EDIT: Drago, could you make separate images for 3:00 and 3:30 for the OP?

(It was Drago who made these right?)

EDIT2: Yeah I missed this week's Toonami because I was having too much fun over the Thanksgiving holiday

Samurai 7 and Thundercats need to swap spots in the OP too.

Jacob

I've posted this before, but I still think Mushi-Shi would be a great fit for Toonami. I'd love to see it on there. I am not exactly sure what qualifies as an action show though. There isn't really fighting in it.

LOL Mushishi is the antithesis of an action show. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great, but it is one of the slowest-moving and most calmly-paced shows I have ever seen. It would be really out of place on Toonami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom