• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Eva 1.1 is probably why Bleach doesn't have episode titles on the schedule the next couple of weeks. It's probably going right in at midnight.

I belive they said:

"bleach Naruto then Eva . Sorry Eureka 7 fans you'll have to wait another week."

Seda

Steves favorite show? Cowboy Bebop. Jason? Bebop. Gill? Deadman and soul eater. Third guy (forget name) bebop and Deadman. Sara: Thundrrcats (both)

Seda

Last question. Gill did the morrowind review way back when. Jason did Skyrim. Explains TOMs change of opinion.

Still planning to get Sara back. Nothing concrete.

Ultratech

Interesting stuff coming outta there.

One Piece is nice, but holy hell. It'll take forever to get through everything.

It's about 100 minutes. It should fill up two hours. MAAAAAYBE a little more, but probably not.

So maybe 2 1/2 Hours? That'd be my best guess when accounting in commercials.

At least no one said GXP. I didn't want to hate someone from Toonami.

I take it they were either high as fuck when they grabbed it, or it was dirt cheap.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So from what I've read, here's a recap of big news.

TOM 5.0 and new Absolution in April
Online comic explaining how TOM 5.0 came to be.
One Piece sometime in the future.
Rebuild of Evangelion 1.1 next week. Funny how I mentioned this movie last night, it's like they read my mind.

Oh, wow, the panel is going on right now?

You just missed it.

Oh, wow, the panel is going on right now?

It's over. Here's a recap:

New TOM and Absolution in April; TOM 5 will be introduced via a web comic
Evangelion movie next week right after Naruto.
One Piece is coming, don't know how or when, GXP replacement might not be One Piece

Some other stuff was said, but these were the most important announcements.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I think Adult Swim is aware that they need some space to tackle One Peice, so that is why it is not showing up right away,

Get that extra earlier hour and air two episodes of One Piece. Otherwise, we got a 10+ year running on our hands (assuming they air all the episodes)

Raxus

I really should bug them more about Tiger and Bunny. I am still pissed there hasn't been a season 2 announcement.

Toonami is dropping THE ONE PIECE BOMB! Finally.

I agree that T-Cats should be moved back to 4 and eat up a Bebop slot. I am cool with Bebop staying. Draws a number and is great to tune in every episode.

Panty and Stocking and Excel Saga should never come to Toonami. I fear they would GXP the fans (not dissing the quality of the shows).

Wish someone brought up Gurren Lagann and Bucanno! to the new shows panel.

BatDan

Panty and Stocking and Excel Saga should never come to Toonami. I fear they would GXP the fans (not dissing the quality of the shows).

Panty & Stocking is only 13 episodes, so the audience wouldn't have to suffer that long.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Get that extra earlier hour and air two episodes of One Piece. Otherwise, we got a 10+ year running on our hands (assuming they air all the episodes)

It would be about 12 years long as of right now, and it's only about halfway over. You've basically got potentially a quarter century's worth of show. :D

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
One Piece, yes! I wasn't really in the mood to rewatch old school Naruto, but I'll definitely be there for One Piece. I hope they give it an hour block every week since it's so long.

Seda

They had an extremely quick autograph session afterwards. Going left to right i got to talk to Sara and johnny. (that's his name I forgot before!). Sara seems genuinely like an awesome person. She was talking about how they recently found Thue Intruder artwork in an old cqbinent and how a rush of nostaligia came to her

iKplzsv.jpeg

BatDan

Wait.....what happened? I missed something big, I think.

Toonami had a panel at Momocon and announced big things.

A new TOM and Absolution in April, with a web comic introducing them.
Rebuild of Evangelion 1.1 next week after Bleach and Naruto.
One Piece sometime down the road.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Your official schedule for next week:

12:00 - Bleach - 289 - Byakuya vs. Kenpachi?! The Melee Commences
12:30 - Naruto - 16 - The Broken Seal
1:00 - Evangelion: 1.11 You Are (Not) Alone
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 18 - The Arrogant Palm of a Small Human
4:00 - Cowboy Bebop - 15 - My Funny Valentine
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 16 - Black Dog Serenade
5:00 - Inuyasha - 37 - The Man Who Fell In Love With Kagome
5:30 - Inuyasha - 38 - Two Hearts, One Mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom