• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cranzor

Wow, I'm excited. Fantastic announcements. New TOM (with online comic) and new Absolution next month, movie next week, One Piece coming eventually... Awesome. Also, thanks for going Seda.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Even though it will never happen, I'd be happy if a year from now Toonami expanded into Friday & Saturday night blocks. Would give them more room to play around with the schedule. Let's hope for their continued success.

Your official schedule for next week:

12:00 - Bleach - 289 - Byakuya vs. Kenpachi?! The Melee Commences
12:30 - Naruto - 16 - The Broken Seal
1:00 - Evangelion: 1.11 You Are (Not) Alone
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 18 - The Arrogant Palm of a Small Human
4:00 - Cowboy Bebop - 15 - My Funny Valentine
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 16 - Black Dog Serenade
5:00 - Inuyasha - 37 - The Man Who Fell In Love With Kagome
5:30 - Inuyasha - 38 - Two Hearts, One Mind

We've been spared a week of GXP. THANK THE TOONAMI GODS!

Raxus

I wish Soul Eater had Naruto's place. At least after Naruto comes back from hiatus it will have a 10 minute recap waiting for us.

Poor SBT and E7. Pushed back yet again.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 18 - The Arrogant Palm of a Small Human

Quoted for new page.

Or not. :D

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Adjusted the end dates for shows preempted by the movie.

ThunderCats: April 6th
Tenchi Muyo GXP: May 11th
Sym-Bionic Titan (Second Run): July 20th
Eureka Seven: August 10th
Soul Eater: February 8th 2014

Also, for those with nostalgia for the old Evangelion, I should mention the Rebuild movies were dubbed by Funimation. While they did get the original voice actors for Shinji, Asuka and Misato, there are new voices for Rei and Gendo.

Seda

The crew
y5AKbFG.jpeg
Johnny gill sara and Jason. Got Jason's Sig too.

Drago

Having never seen Neon Genesis Evangelion before, would I be ok watching that movie or would I miss anything having not watched NGE before?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Having never seen Neon Genesis Evangelion before, would I be ok watching that movie or would I miss anything having not watched NGE before?

The Rebuild of Eva movies are a complete reboot and revision of the original story. You might miss some allusions to the original, but lots of things are different, so you should be ok, I think.

Think of it as sort of an alternate universe sort of thing.

Pappasman

The first movie is just a recap of the first couple episodes of the show. The second movie is where it deviates from the original.

Drago

That new TOM is very reminiscent of TOM 2. I like it, can't wait to see it in action.

The Rebuild of Eva movies are a complete reboot and revision of the original story. You might miss some allusions to the original and lots of things are different, but you should be ok, I think.

OK, thanks. I'll watch it then

yami4ct

New TOM looks great. Really like the head and the arms. Chest is a bit flat and simple, but it isn't too bad. Real excited to see it in motion. Hope they animate it well.

Ah, so i'm here and just went through the pages of the news. Let's get this straight :

• New TOM
  • New Absolution
  • New Toonami Logo
  • One Piece ( Eventually )
  • Evangelion Next Week ( Toonami Movie )

Seda

They didn't want to say that One piece was GXPs replacement. I inferred it as there's another show they have their eyes on but not final yet. That's just my interpretation

Mature

Man. Who could've imagined we'd get these many megatons... So awesome!

Everyone thank Seda, our official ToonamiGAF correspondent.

Raxus

The Rebuild of Eva movies are a complete reboot and revision of the original story. You might miss some allusions to the original, but lots of things are different, so you should be ok, I think.

Does Senji still have a thing for unconscious chicks? Do we still have dance fighting? SOMEONE THINK OF THE DANCE FIGHTING!

Also, thanks Seda for the info. I hope it was worth SELLING YOUR WIFE for it.

yami4ct

Does Senji still have a thing for unconscious chicks? Do we still have dance fighting? SOMEONE THINK OF THE DANCE FIGHTING!

Poor dance fighting, we hardly knew you. Well, instead, we get (3.0 Spoilers)
crazy time jump, head explosions and insane space battles
I think I'm ok with that.

Awesome news. Evangelion 1.11 is a good film, so I'm glad that Toonami is airing it, and mother fucking One Piece is coming. Hopefully they give it an hour slot because otherwise it will take forever.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So next week we're getting a movie night and it's rebuild? Sweet, I've been meaning to watch it for a while now. Also I wonder what GPX is getting replaced with, I doubt it's One Piece. Glad to hear that's coming to the block if only it didn't take so long to get fucking awesome. Also new Tom and new Absolution? Seda you delivered big time, I love you man. Now if only I hadn't slept in :(

Seda

Sorry about the huge pics.

Ah, so i'm here and just went through the pages of the news. Let's get this straight :

• New TOM
  • New Absolution
  • One Piece ( Eventually )
  • Evangelion Next Week ( Toonami Movie )

Also new Toonami logo to go with the new Tom and Absolution.

Novid

Banned
some nice annousements for the podcast tonight - and yes... they must have heard of us.

Can I call them the toonami brothers and the toonami sister? (animatiacs joke)

Novid

Banned
Sorry about the huge pics.

Also new Toonami logo to go with the new Tom and Absolution.

new logo?

where?

(the tom render is inhouse - I know because if it was Trokia or Click3X I would have seen their imprint on there and on their website)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Another long shounen to appear on Toonami? Don't tell me I'm the only one to be disappointed by that.

Bleach is coming to an end soon enough. After this arc they've got one more and that's it. The final manga arc isn't being done as of yet and they decided to stop the show until it's over instead of doing more filler.

Seda

new logo?

where?

(the tom render is inhouse - I know because if it was Trokia or Click3X I would have seen their imprint on there and on their website)

I didn't get a picture of it but they showed a new one; it wasn't final though.

LycanXIII

Toonami's 14th 16th Birthday. We might not have celebrated the last few, but we're glad we have this chance again.

Edit: I did my math wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom