• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Oh, right Shadow has told me that due to some spring break complications he is unable to record the Toonami-GAF Transmission either this week or next week.

Seda

dsmIgMZ.png

P8kEm17.png

lCr7Ccy.png

iEilqqR.png

edit: More

QoOgHHS.png

kxOz24g.png

Seems odd to "too early to say" when answering that question. If they were planning on starting from one, they wouldn't dodge the question I think...

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The fact that they're not saying when One Piece is starting or WHERE it's starting from makes me think we might be starting with G-8 or Davy Back Fight.

Toonami in the US made it about halfway through Skypiea, and CN Australia made it all the way to the end of Skypiea. The end of G-8 on was a new set of rights for Funi, plus that's when HD episodes begin, so if they're not starting at episode 1, that's the logical place to start.

I would still argue for starting from 1, though.

Drago

They say that the comic will tie all TOMs together, so we may be getting a TOM4 backstory alongside the TOM5 introduction. Good stuff.

Mature

I'm really excited that they're switching up all the packaging for the whole block with TOM 5. Super high hopes. Sad to hear there wont be a Eva promo =(

They're killing Adult Swim with all this endless shounen garbage.
Except we probably wouldn't have all these new things without them. So, you know, the opposite.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
i wounldnt mind not having one piece start from the beginning. has the anime hit the time skip yet?

It has.

Honestly I think they're trying to figure out how to work it. Do they start from say when they enter the Grand Line? From the beginning? After Alabaster? If they start from jump how do they get to the good stuff fast, it'll need more than once a week. For something as long running as One Piece, that takes a few arcs to take off, there's a lot to consider.

That was the shitty 4Kids version. It's not what they'll be using.

jph139

Personally I'd LOVE to see One Piece start from Skypeia... from where Toonami left off through Enies Lobby is my blind spot. I'm not sure if that'd necessarily be the best decision, but it'd be most advantageous to me personally.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Did the Funi dub ever use that intro?

Fuck. No.
Funimation is now smarter than that after Dragon Ball GT.

They dubbed the real openings until "Map to the Heart" and Toei got crazy about copyrights and wouldn't allow them to dub it or any future opening/ending.

yami4ct

Personally I'd LOVE to see One Piece start from Skypeia... from where Toonami left off through Enies Lobby is my blind spot. I'm not sure if that'd necessarily be the best decision, but it'd be most advantageous to me personally.

Skipping past Skypeia and going right to the HD era is the best choice if they aren't going to start over. Mainly because Skypeia is terrible and no one should be forced to sit through that.

i like the Dragonball Gt version of the one piece opening.

also they should start from alabaster. ONe piece i think more than a lot of shows can start en media res if done right.

Levyne

Banned
Wow I think I prefer the rap too.

I mean, both are really.....bad, one sounds like it's trying too hard to be cool the other something from a disney stage show

BatDan

Oh man, reading the comments... people with actual nostalgia for the One Piece Rap.

(I'm ashamed to admit I was able to sing along without missing a beat, Lord have mercy.)

At first, it baffled me that people have nostalgia for the 4Kids dub. Then I remembered that it started airing in 2004, those kids have grown older now. It still saddens me when people defend it in the comments to Funimation videos. Worse than "herp derp all dubs suck".

Also, here's more "we're all old". The current Power Rangers were kids when Mighty Morphin Power Rangers started airing.

Drago

If they're gonna skip ahead in One Piece, I think they should skip over East Blue and start with the Reverse Mountain Arc, and do recap stuff for East Blue. Alabasta is too good to skip, plus
Laboon becomes really important much later on

Seda

My predictions (err...thoughts)

GXP's replacement will not be One Piece and I hope it's not being replaced with something like GitS. They have said GitS will come back so it's only a matter of time. For some reason I think Inuyasha is safe where it is. Will One Piece get two episodes a night or just one? Will it go earlyish in the line up or later? I'll assume it gets one for now. When GXP is over and One piece is added, perhaps something like this (spaced by hour, too lazy to write in times)

Bleach
Naruto

Soul Eater
One Piece

GXP Replacement
Eureka 7

SBT
Thundercats

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Cowboy Bebop (or GitS when that finishes again?)

Inuyasha
Inuyasha

I know both Thundercats and SBT are before E7 and GXP right now, but if they start rerunning I think they should drop them back.

That was because Disney has the rights to Shippuden, but not normal Naruto.

ah that explains it

also why count they start one piece in the the middle. its a rag tag team of pirates searching for treasure. do we really need an origin story.

they should give it an hour then if they start from the begining

BatDan

Im was surprised that toonami did not air suppuden but started from the begining

Disney has the rights to it. Despite not airing it in over a year, they refuse to let them go and just sit on them for no reason. That's Disney for you.

If One Piece doesn't start at the beginning, then there's one silver lining. The recap episodes during Enies Lobby, it will catch up new viewers.
See, One Piece used to air on Wednesday. But then it moved to Sunday, so they provided 5 recap episodes to inform new viewers on what's going on.

If one of Oda's many chekov's guns appears, we'll let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom