• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.K.

Except we probably wouldn't have all these new things without them. So, you know, the opposite.

I'd rather watch all the old shows for the hundredth time than have all these horrible shounen shows that are going to take a decade to get all the way through.

Ratings say otherwise.

Ratings aren't an indicator of quality. Just look at the ratings that Family Guy gets. The ratings just show that a lot of people have horrible taste.

Mature

GXP's replacement will not be One Piece and I hope it's not being replaced with something like GitS. They have said GitS will come back so it's only a matter of time. For some reason I think Inuyasha is safe where it is. Will One Piece get two episodes a night or just one? Will it go earlyish in the line up or later? I'll assume it gets one for now. When GXP is over and One piece is added, perhaps something like this (spaced by hour, too lazy to write in times)
My guess is it'll be either FLCL or Big O S2.

789shadow

Banned
I'd rather watch all the old shows for the hundredth time than have all these horrible shounen shows that are going to take a decade to get all the way through.
Nobody has cared what you think since your "Toonami shouldn't air western shows because it's not really Toonami" tripe.

attachment.php
Tom needs a space motorcycle.
He'd look badass on one. With his new look and all.
Maybe add in a cap as well.

Mature

I'm not talking about acquisitions. I'm talking about packaging and things like movie nights. An increased budget. A thriving Toonami.

dream schedule time? dream schedule time.

one episode a week:

Bleach
One Piece
Soul Eater
GXP Replacement
Naruto
Naruto
Eureka Seven
Brotherhood
Rotate Thundercats and Titan
Cowboy Bebop
InuYasha
InuYasha

if they do two episodes a week, hell if I know. maybe switch One Piece and Naruto, put the GXP replacement before Eureka Seven?

Ratings aren't an indicator of quality. Just look at the ratings that Family Guy gets. The ratings just show that a lot of people have horrible taste.

and if the ratings aren't good, the possibility of you getting those "quality shows" PLUMMETS. you see how that works?

So, what's up?

• [*]In April ( Date TBD ), there will be TOM 5, a new Absolution, and a new " look " for Toonami, which includes the logo.
    [*]No Clydes and SARA yet.
    [*]One Piece will air EVENTUALLY THIS YEAR. No confirmation on Episode Order yet.
    [*]For Toonami's Birthday, "Evangelion 1.11 You Are [Not] Alone" will be airing next week until 3:30 along with some other nice stuff.
    [*]Once again, Symbionic Titan & Eureka 7 will be excluded from the schedule next week along with Soul Eater.

* March 16/17, 2013 Toonami Birthday Revised Schedule *
12:00 – Bleach
12:30 – Naruto
01:00 – Evangelion 1.11
03:30– FMA Brotherhood
04:00 – Cowboy Bebop
04:30 – Cowboy Bebop
05:00 – Inuyasha
05:30 – Inuyasha

• In April ( Date TBD ), there will be TOM 5, a new Absolution, and a new " look " for Toonami, which includes the logo.
  • No Clydes and SARA yet.
  • One Piece will air EVENTUALLY THIS YEAR. No confirmation on Episode Order yet.
  • For Toonami's Birthday, "Evangelion 1.11 You Are [Not] Alone" will be airing next week until 3:30 along with some other nice stuff.
  • Once again, Symbionic Titan & Eureka 7 will be excluded from the schedule next week along with Soul Eater.

I'll be so confused during this movie. Tho I always did love the intro music.

yami4ct

Man, I hope they can grab Eureka 7:AO once E7 ends. I need to watch ToonamiGaf's reactions to that.......thing. Airing "Pocket Full of Rainbows" for a movie night would also be acceptable.

In real "movie night" hopes, my number one right now would probably be Summer Wars. I'd love for any Hosada film to get on the air, but that one fits the Toonami style the best.

Seda

Drago,

Sorry to be a pest about this, but if you could whip up Toonami font images for some of the new text in the OP, you'd be my best friend. EDIT: I mean the Movie night stuff and the Retired Shows section.

At least I think it was you who made the other ones. Otherwise....awkward.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
With the acquisition of One Piece, this means they could air Strong World on a movie night. Hopefully Funi gets the rights to the other movies, like the fourth and the sixth (especially the sixth, the reactions to that would be glorious).

With the acquisition of One Piece, this means they could air Strong World on a movie night. Hopefully Funi gets the rights to the other movies, like the fourth and the sixth (especially the sixth, the reactions to that would be glorious).

your post made me curious about the sixth movie.....

.....why does it look like fucking garbage?

Drago

Drago,

Sorry to be a pest about this, but if you could whip up Toonami font images for some of the new text in the OP, you'd be my best friend. EDIT: I mean the Movie night stuff and the Retired Shows section.

At least I think it was you who made the other ones. Otherwise....awkward.

Will do, just give me a few minutes

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Announcement!

New tom in April! New absolution!

WHAT

Basicially, One Piece is coming but not sure exactly how. Heavily hinted that GXPs replacement may be different and one piece addition is in addition to that.

"Not sure exactly how"

That to me says they're thinking of doubling eps up to catch up. Would be a really smart decision IMO and a must for One Piece.

Doing a comic for TOM 5 reveal rather than animation because money.

..Aww

Steve: do I have to audition again?
For march 17. Evagelion 1.1 movie in the lineup. Replaces Sbt and e7 I think.

Ooooh, now this I kinda wanna watch.

BUT I ALSO WANT TO WATCH EUREKA GODDAMNIT

BatDan

your post made me curious about the sixth movie.....

.....why does it look like fucking garbage?

It was directed by Mamoru Hosoda, the man behind Summer Wars, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, and the first two Digimon movies.

The sixth movie is notorious for how tonally different it is compared to not only the other movies, but the series itself.

Seda

I also know nothing of Evangelion (surprise surprise) yet I hear about it all the time. This will be the first thing from that series/franchise that I watch.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Considering the new Sailormoon. Asked by a fan.

Woooooooooooooooooot.

Wait is that even airing? I haven't even seen anything from it.

Last question. Gill did the morrowind review way back when. Jason did Skyrim. Explains TOMs change of opinion.

Still planning to get Sara back. Nothing concrete.

Yay! Would be great if she came back with Tom 5.

It was directed by Mamoru Hosoda, the man behind Summer Wars, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, and the first two Digimon movies.

The sixth movie is notorious for how tonally different it is compared to not only the other movies, but the series itself.

but why does it look so....BAD? it looks like that one episode of Samurai 7 where all the animators got drunk on their asses.

also guys, their showing Rebuild of Evangelion technically is NOT the movie night. they've said it's a separate thing.

Seda said:
I also know nothing of Evangelion (surprise surprise) yet I hear about it all the time. This will be the first thing from that series/franchise that I watch.

this movie might actually be the best place to start

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/45048940991/one-announcement-to-rule-them-all

2. In the next couple of months we will premiere an online comic that will tell the story of How TOM 3 became TOM 4, how TOM 4 became TOM 3.5, where Sara and the Clydes are, and how we got TOM 5 and the new Absolution. We’ll offer more details on that when we have them.

Ooh, this sounds ambitious. If it does answer all this then I'm fully on board with the comic idea.

All of this, reminds me...

I gotta get catched up on some GFX for the OP.

BatDan, it'd be awesome if you could PM me the show end dates so I can get them in picture form. ( With Credit given, of course. )

Jacob

Just don't judge the entire franchise by 1.11. You should watch the series and End of Evangelion someday.

Indeed. The series is very different from the movies after 1.11 and (IMO) the series is far superior. Also, it doesn't have any fuck-ugly CGI.

The movies are still worth watching too, though.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
6. There will be a few other goodies airing on our birthday, so don’t miss it! And no… NO HINTS. You gotta watch! :)

Maybe this is where we'll get another TOM4 thing? Hmmm. :D

Raxus

Bleach is coming to an end soon enough. After this arc they've got one more and that's it. The final manga arc isn't being done as of yet and they decided to stop the show until it's over instead of doing more filler.

Bleach is going to draaaaaag to the finish line. Even when it finishes there is a chance the final arc anime will be up by then.

I think this clip is a good metaphor for what bleaches final stretch of episodes is going to be like.

Seda

So next week is Toonami's birthday. I think I'll request a title change for the week, if that's not asking for too much.

So it's the 16th brithday? How do we count this?

1997 - born
98 - one
99 - two
00 - three
01 - four
02 - five
03 - six
04 - seven
05 - eight
06 - nine
07 - ten
08 - eleven (Toonami ended September of this year.)
09 - ???
10 - ???
11 - ???
12 - ???
13 - sixteen? twelve?

BatDan

wait......is the second Digimon movie the one where some Satanic Godzilla came and tried to kill everything?

No, the second movie (known in Japan as "Our War Game") involves a virus Digimon entering the internet and wreaking havoc. It planned to launch all the world's nukes and destroy it. But thanks to Omegamon (the fusion of War Greymon and Metal Garurumon), the virus is destroyed and the world is saved. If this sounds familiar, the plot was reused for Summer Wars.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

I.... kinda like it, but I kinda... need time to get adjusted haha.

I like how he's less buff, I hated that part of TOM 3/3.5. This looks much more TOM 2-ish, which is my favorite design.

I can't really say I love the simplified colors, but I can't say I hate them... and for some reason his helmet looks like a motorbiker's helmet to me.

But really, I'm just glad that "new Toonami" is standing on its own two legs and doing its own thing. First with changing from red to blue, and now with the new TOM and Absolution. I'm not saying it should distance itself from the old Toonami, but it should clearly be its own thing. (Not to mention, using stuff from the TOM 3 era, while they did pretty it up, probably came off to the layman as cheap.)

yami4ct

wait......is the second Digimon movie the one where some Satanic Godzilla came and tried to kill everything?

First Digimon movie is a prequel like thing that I think just got integrated into the series in the US.

The second is Our War Game. It's the awesome one where Tai and the others must fight a virus-like digimon that's invaded the internet. It's the one with Omnimon.

Omnimon_X_b.gif

It is awesome. It came out as the first part of the theatrically released Digimon Film.

The 3rd movie is the second film in that theatrical release. It's the one with the kid haunted by his digimon and the golden armors. It had all the strange evil digimon that looked like rabbits.

LycanXIII

First Digimon movie is a prequel like thing that I think just got integrated into the series in the US.

The second is Our War Game. It's the awesome one where Tai and the others must fight a virus-like digimon that's invaded the internet. It's the one with Omnimon.

Omnimon_X_b.gif

It is awesome. It came out as the first part of the theatrically released Digimon Film.

The 3rd movie is the second film in that theatrical release. It's the one with the kid haunted by his digimon and the golden armors. It had all the strange evil digimon that looked like rabbits.

And then the 4th movie (2nd in US) had this guy.

Armageddemon_b.jpg

i'm just trying to remember which Digimon movie disturbed the fuck out of me as a kid because it had a bunch of people lying on the ground like they were dead or something lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom