• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yeah, big thanks to Seda! Stealing all of Andrex's hotpockets and sending them to you.

image.php

Seda

The only Digimon movie I saw was the one with Omnimon and some weird huge digimon boss thing in space or something.

LycanXIII

i'm just trying to remember which Digimon movie disturbed the fuck out of me as a kid because it had a bunch of people lying on the ground like they were dead or something lol

There was a scene in the first season when the all returned to Earth and a large majority of the citizens where put in a "coma" for a while.

LycanXIII

what happened when this dude showed up then?

Apocalymon.jpg

Oh, Apocalymon.
He destroys the digital world, along with the Tags and Crests, then deletes the kids and the other digimon. Then they realize that they never needed them because it "was inside them all along." They digivolve, reconstruct themselves, then kick the guys ass. He tries to blow up the real world too, but the Digivices contain him in a box. Everything goes back to normal, the end.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
ah that explains it

also why count they start one piece in the the middle. its a rag tag team of pirates searching for treasure. do we really need an origin story.

Probably, because that's NOT what the show is about at all. They are pirates, yeah, but they spend exactly ONE story arc searching for treasure, and that's 150 episodes in and is generally considered one of the weakest arcs in the series.

One Piece has a TON of callbacks and requires its audience to actually be familiar with its full saga. Of course, this is a little less necessary in anime form than it is in manga form (you MUST be familiar with the full saga to read the manga) as they do plenty of recaps and flashbacks to past events.

Arcs like Marineford don't really work nearly as well if you didn't see Baratie, Arabasta, Jaya, Enies Lobby, and Thriller Bark before it, at the very least.

Oh, Apocalymon.
He destroys the digital world, along with the Tags and Crests, then deletes the kids and the other digimon. Then they realize that they never needed them because it "was inside them all along." They digivolve, reconstruct themselves, then kick the guys ass. He tries to blow up the real world too, but the Digivices contain him in a box. Everything goes back to normal, the end.

so he's not the one who made everybody collapse or some shit?

February 19, 2000, episode 39.

Episode 1 aired in the States on August 14, 1999.

damn. i thought that was a movie for some reason. oh well.

anyways, back on topic. do you guys think TOM 5 looks a lot...simpler? maybe this redesign was so we can have a wider variety of animation for him?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Didn't realize how detail oriented one piece was. This news has inspired me to read the manga.

Go for it. It's an awesome read.
Yeah, Oda has planned this out heavily. Originally, One Piece was supposed to run five years, but he was having so much fun with it that he kept it going. That does explain the nature of the first 100 chapters compared to the rest of the series.

also for someone who has watched all of soul eater where is a good spot to read the manga?

also season 3 of digimon is awesome and 4 is underrated!

To answer GMN's question about TOM 5, I don't think he's simpler - I think he's more streamlined, but yet has more detail that TOM 3.5. He actually has some wear and tear on him if you look close enough.

Mature

To answer GMN's question about TOM 5, I don't think he's simpler - I think he's more streamlined, but yet has more detail that TOM 3.5. He actually has some wear and tear on him if you look close enough.
Yeah, his design looks intentionally less sleek. Will probably be related storywise.

....What if the absolution is like a junker? Haha, that'd be kind of awesome.

And so, here you go:

hZMX671.jpg

Huge thanks to BatDan for the new dates. I was also able to find my template from the last time I did the dates graphics. Naruto dates only go up to filler, not beyond.

Gonna move these type of things over to my new domain. I've gotta get a new one and then i'll push them onto there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom