• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck life.

tumblr_mbatz4F1JK1qfbz1so1_500.gif

yami4ct

Indeed, this a good reminder that another thing Eureka Seven stole from Eva was making most of the cast as a horrid a human being as you can imagine.

Except in Eureka7 they weren't clever deconstructions meant to make a clever statement about society. In copying these archetypes Anno reinforces his point even more.

I love E7 despite all that.

B.K.

Btw
rei is the incarnation of shinji's mom/gendo's wife. Does that still aplly to the rebuild movies?

In 3.0, Fuyutuski tells Shinji that Rei is a clone of Yui. Yui inserted herself directly into Unit-01's core and all they could recover was the data they needed to crate the Rei Series clones.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Except in Eureka7 they weren't clever deconstructions meant to make a clever statement about society. In copying these archetypes Anno reinforces his point even more.

I love E7 despite all that.
Except Renton and Eureka don't even resemble these archetypes aside from Renton being a teenager and Eureka being "odd" with unusually colored hair.

In fact, they're almost EXACT opposites personality-wise from Shinji and Rei.

lol

Also, I completely forgot - they'll probably censor/blur/cut out what's coming up soon...specifically two scenes. Those who've seen it know what I'm referring to.
On the Funimation Channel I believe "those scenes" were shown. Now it's past midnight here, so there's a slight chance they may show it.

*not holding breath*

lol

Also, I completely forgot - they'll probably censor/blur/cut out what's coming up soon... it'll be two scenes, IIRC. Those who've seen it know what I'm referring to.

It's been a while since I last saw this. I can only think of the suit up shot being censored. I'll probably remember when we get to it.

yami4ct

Hold up. What?

reincarnation is a bad way to put it. She's really a clone. Yui's soul lies in unit 1
In 3.0, Fuyutuski tells Shinji that Rei is a clone of Yui. Yui inserted herself directly into Unit-01's core and all they could recover was the data they needed to crate the Rei Series clones.

God, telling it directly to his face. That's more messed up than how any of it goes down in the series. So heartless.

Jafku

reincarnation is a bad way to put it. She's really a clone. Yui's soul lies in unit 1

God, telling it directly to his face. That's more messed up than how any of it goes down in the series. So heartless.
Yeah that was the wrong word to use. My bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom