• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
It's got to do with context. Basically the only robot shows that existed before Eva were crazy idealistic shonen fighting robots and Gundam space operas.

Basically Eva is something like 'Okay, why the hell would 14 year olds be piloting giant robots' taken to its logical conclusion

This isn't true at all. Go look up Space Runaway Ideon, for example.

I dig it, except for the fact that the plan is predicated on having a sniper do the aiming. And by "sniper" I mean "14 year old neurotic boy with no sniper training that just had his brain melted by a giant laser like 2 hours ago."

At least he has aimbot to help him

LycanXIII

Can Toonami just take the spot of all McFarlane shows?

So I looked up Jiraiya. Just cause we were talking about him and I didn't know this.

He completed 1,839 official missions in total: 58 D-rank, 345 C-rank, 684 B-rank, 614 A-rank, 138 S-rank. With this rating of mission completion by Jiraiya, he has the most completed missions of all characters in the entire Naruto series.

Say what you will. What a badass.

BlackStar is still better.

RagnarokX

This. The fuck why the third or j-man didn't take him in is beyond me.

It's pretty clear that before Shippuden Jiraiya had never heard of Naruto before he met him during his exam training. The revelations about Jiraiya's relationship to Naruto later on are such gigantic asspulls.

ReiGun

There should be a boot camp for anime betas. Shinji would be there to motivate the other betas to work harder.

Renton: That last run was a bitch.

Ganta: Yeah, but I finished it. Wouldn't want to be a Shinji.

Bad Luck Brian: Lol. What a pussy.

Shinji: :'( No one needs me.

There should be a boot camp for anime betas. Shinji would be there to motivate the other betas to work harder.

Renton: That last run was a bitch.

Ganta: Yeah, but I finished it. Wouldn't want to be a Shinji.

Bad Luck Brian: Lol. What a pussy.

Shinji: :'( No one needs me.
Where's Gohan?

So they have to protect monster Jesus?
lol.
tumblr_mbavbq4Yel1qfbz1so1_500.png

thetechkid

It's pretty clear that before Shippuden Jiraiya had never heard of Naruto before he met him during his exam training. The revelations about Jiraiya's relationship to Naruto later on are such gigantic asspulls.

At least Jiraiya treated him with some respect and decency, The Third never once tries to stop his people from treating naruto like he was Hitler's kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom