• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

Always remember: Hideaki Anno hates every single one of you.

Is that why he didn't put one likable character in this fucking thing?

(It's a shame too. I know that Eva has some depth, but I can't be arsed to explore cause fuck these people. Except Gendou somtimes.)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Yea except he left his kid as a orphan and didn't bother to make sure his godfather looked after him. Naruto would be a whole lot different if he had, he probably wouldn't have sucked for so long.

Uh

He only had like five mins to make the decision

It's not like he had time to call up Jiraiya and say, "Hey bro, look after my son for me k? Gonna go sacrifice myself, catch ya later."

He also gave Naruto the power to become a hero.

He also put a hologram or whatever in him to give him a pep talk and stuff.

Pretty boss dad IMO.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Oh yes, one difference between this movie and the show is it has like 95 percent less pointless religious symbolism.

Ultratech

Man, they didn't fuck around when they made Toyko-3 a fortress.

Except for the whole conventional weapons having no effect on Angels. Heh.

thetechkid

Uh

It's not like he had time to call up Jiraiya and say, "Hey bro, look after my son for me k? Gonna go sacrifice myself, catch ya later."

Pretty boss dad IMO.

He was a good dad, the villagers were dicks. EVERY. LAST. ONE.

RagnarokX

Uh

Pretty boss dad IMO.

Nothing in the first half of Naruto makes sense knowing the info Kishi pulled out of his ass for the second half.

yami4ct

Is that why he didn't put one likable character in this fucking thing?

(It's a shame too. I know that Eva has some depth, but I can't be arsed to explore cause fuck these people. Except Gendou somtimes.)

Now you get it. You hating these characters is a good sign you're not the target of Anno's hatred. Anno wants to grab the people obsessed with these style of characters so he can tear their hearts and minds to shreds.

Team_Fortress_2_Sniper_GIF_by_coverop.gif

Amikami

Banned
Yea except he left his kid as a orphan and didn't bother to make sure his godfather looked after him. Naruto would be a whole lot different if he had, he probably wouldn't have sucked for so long.

I hated him before I knew his backstory along with Kushina's story. Jiraiya is the assholish one. He's the Godfather. It doesn't really need to be said that he should have looked after him. He shouldn't have had to be reminded.

Minato's awesome. I would say he's the best character though.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
That angel reminds me of the Borg, if the Borg ships were diamonds rather than cubes.

ReiGun

Now you get it. You hating these characters is a good sign you're not the target of Anno's hatred. Anno wants to grab the people obsessed with these style of characters so he can tear their hearts and minds to shreds.

Oh is that it? Well then Anno is my homie. I wanna buy him a beer.

Uh

Pretty boss dad IMO.

Minato....if only we could have an entire show after him.

I was rewatching
Naruto Shippuden Episode 248 English Subbed
Fourth Hokage's Death Match
So so so good.

Jintor

I'm assuming that's the creator's name. Why does anyone like this then? It just seems so wrong for the sake of being wrong.

It's got to do with context. Basically the only robot shows that existed before Eva were crazy idealistic shonen fighting robots and Gundam space operas.

Basically Eva is something like 'Okay, why the hell would 14 year olds be piloting giant robots' taken to its logical conclusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom