• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ah, okay whew. I was about to say man those Inuyasha fans really keep the ratings up lol. Hate that show though. Cool to see Tenchi Muyo up, I haven't seen that in a long time, wonder how well it holds up

It's not the same Tenchi.
It's some terrible spin-off following some kid with extreme bad luck yet somehow manages to attract women. It's not funny, it's soul-suckingly bad.
As Lycan said, it used to be on earlier, but it was ratings poison so it was moved to the dead of night.

Disappointing me left and right here! gimme some good news. Is symbolic Titan good?

It's "Sym-Bionic Titan" and yes it's very good.
While the final episode airs next week, it will restart from the beginning the week after that.

Seda

How good are the ratings?

Here was last week (2/9 2)

1a1b9451ea4e1c44182f5c9f8829b0cb.png

According to somebody's question on the Tumblr, apparently Bleach was pulling in about 400k before the block was turned into Toonami. I haven't checked myself if that's factual.

ok, i still don't understand why the characters in Sym-Bionic Titan were on the run

Seda said:
According to somebody's question on the Tumblr, apparently Bleach was pulling in about 400k before the block was turned into Toonami. I haven't checked myself if that's factual.

i don't think it is. as for last week's ratings, i'm not sure how much the average ratings for the night count but they were the highest the block has ever seen.

Mature

Here was last week (2/9)

5:00am Inuyasha sneezes at 400k.

Azure J

Soul Eater is brilliant. Too bad they deviate from the manga at episode 37. New Soul Eater anime please.

Preach. Toonami was responsible for Big O getting a second season (as tomato-y as that turned out... lol), here's hoping for a second miracle like that.

Also, for everyone here, do NOT miss the first 5 minutes of the first episode. Smoking Sick Style all over the place.

Here was last week (2/9)

The best show getting the most ratings. Very good. Thanks for the info.

Seda

Well considering they could no longer fight the monsters being sent to the city and keeping up the charade without Octus would be increasingly difficult, going 'on the run' seems like a logical choice.

Raxus

that...seems like kind of a shitty reason to be honest lol
He was their dad, 'brother', warning for when the city was attacked and critical to protect Ilana. Without him the Muttradi would easily kill her, so they ran.

LycanXIII

Here was last week (2/9)

I don't see how the Toonami name alone would bring in a million viewers. If that's the case, how bad were the ratings for the other shows in the time block? Or does the million just watch the first two shows, then leave?

Is Tenchi Muyo! GXP any good? I think it is the only Tenchi I havent seen.

No.

Mature

I don't see how the Toonami name alone would bring in a million viewers. If that's the case, how bad were the ratings for the other shows in the time block? Or does the million just watch the firs two shows, then leave?
Believe it!

sorry

I'd never heard of Soul Eater, so I did Wiki'd/TVTrope'd it. The show sounded/looks sufficiently crazy, and I'm hoping it fills the Deadman Wonderland "Batshit Insane" show void we've not quite had in a while.

Is Tenchi Muyo! GXP any good? I think it is the only Tenchi I havent seen.

Not so much, no. There was a point where it looked like it would turn the corner into "decent", but that pretty much went to hell.

Raxus

I am just glad Soul Eater is replacing T-Cats timeslot as well because that show is going into full troll mode at this point. I am just sticking around because it is an entertaining train wreck and it makes for one hell of a retrospective for the podcast when the series ends.

Seda

Only 12 more episodes of GXP!

(sigh)

Also, I really hope Thundercats doesn't re-run. The show is owned by them so rerunning would be costless. Else we might have to wait until GXP finishes for a new show.

I'd never heard of Soul Eater, so I did Wiki'd/TVTrope'd it. The show sounded/looks sufficiently crazy, and I'm hoping it fills the Deadman Wonderland "Batshit Insane" show void we've not quite had in a while.

Soul Eater is an action shonen with very good plot and characters. The first 37 episode follow the manga, the rest the anime team came up with, and it really sucks. From episode 38-51 (or 52 i can´t remember) is really shitty deviation from the manga. Actually it´s the worst i have ever seen.

ckohler

I wish I still had cable so I could watch Soul Eater with you guys. It's a really great show! Those of you who haven't seen it should be pleasantly surprised. Except for the ending which is pretty lackluster.

Here was last week (2/9)

I seem to remember Bleach pulling in way more than that. Maybe you meant Bleach had 400k less?

Raxus

I wish I still had cable so I could watch Soul Eater with you guys. It's a really great show! Those of you who haven't seen it should be pleasantly surprised. Except for the ending which is pretty lackluster.

You can still stop by and comment when an episode airs. The more the merrier. I am excited to actually have an anime I wanted to see on the block.

TVbytheNumbers June 2011 said:
Saturday night’s anime programming saw double-digit increases over the prior year. Bleach (12 a.m.) posted delivery gains among all key demos: Adults 18-34 (473,000) grew by 36%, adults 18-24 (265,000) grew by 51%, and adults 18-49 (674,000) grew by 52%. Kekkaishi (12:30 a.m.) saw similar gains: Adults 18-34 (440,000) grew by 46%, adults 18-24 (255,000) grew by 63%, and adults 18-49 (610,000) grew by 54%. Fullemetal Alchemist: Brotherhood also charted double-digit increases: Adults 18-34 (434,000) grew by 46%, adults 18-24 (266,000) grew by 62%, and adults 18-49 (597,000) grew by 54%.

Bleach numbers were half as much a couple years ago. Dunno if this was during reruns or not. Anyone dig up more info?

Seda

Here's the post I was (mis)remembering.

p69WkHo.png

If that's really what Bleach looked like for ratings before Toonami, then that is surprising. It doesn't sound right though.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

p69WkHo.png

If that's really what Bleach looked like for ratings before Toonami, then that is surprising. It doesn't sound right though.

I sort of believe it. Before Toonami there was no real hype for the Saturday block, now there is not only hype but a dedicated audience.

http://i.imgur.com/p69WkHo.png[IMG]

If that's really what Bleach looked like for ratings before Toonami, then that is surprising. It doesn't sound right though.[/QUOTE]

It sounds right to me. I don't remember Bleach getting over a million before the relaunch of Toonami. It would get around 400k. It used to be rare if it got above 500k

the ratings i can find for Bleach prior to Toonami are all hovering below a million, 700K-900K. the person who posted that is probably an idiot who looked at the encore showing.

Raxus

Aniplex is having a Facebook poll on what series you would most like to see on Toonami!

Options are:
Blue Exorcist
Fate/Zero
Madoka Magica
Sword Art Online
Magi
Oreimo
Vividred Operation
Blast of Tempest
Oreshura
Gurren Lagann

Fate/Zero is winning.