• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aniplex is having a Facebook poll on what series you would most like to see on Toonami!

Options are:
Blue Exorcist
Fate/Zero
Madoka Magica
Sword Art Online
Magi
Oreimo
Vividred Operation
Blast of Tempest
Oreshura
Gurren Lagann

Fate/Zero is winning.
Id like to see Gurren Lagann, though that's a little too much like E7 and ive already seen it. Maybe Blue Excorcist. Anything really as long as it's not Oreimo. *shiver*

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Keep wanting to get into SAO, would definitely love if it came to Toonami. Been meaning to rewatch GL too.

The best show getting the most ratings. Very good. Thanks for the info.

maQYk.gif
maQYk.gif
maQYk.gif

789shadow

Banned
Aniplex is having a Facebook poll on what series you would most like to see on Toonami!

Options are:
Blue Exorcist
Fate/Zero
Madoka Magica
Sword Art Online
Magi
Oreimo
Vividred Operation
Blast of Tempest
Oreshura
Gurren Lagann

Fate/Zero is winning.
Out of those, I would like to check out Gurren Lagann.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Blue Exorcist
Fate/Zero
Sword Art Online
Magi
Gurren Lagann

Would all be good options from that list (just going on what I've heard of BE and F/Z.)

I didn't see Magi there at first, that's the one that NEEDS to come over.

Voted for F/Z because Gurren Lagann and Madoka are already out there. I want new shows that are actually new (as much as a US release can be), not ones that you can already buy the DVDs of and watch. (and the fact that I've watched both of them already)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Voted for F/Z because Gurren Lagann and Madoka are already out there. I want new shows that are actually new (as much as a US release can be), not ones that you can already buy the DVDs of and watch. (and the fact that I've watched both of them already)

Then you should vote for Magi. :D

Sword art online is cool. It's a better .hack

Not really. I mean, maybe it is better more fast paced and such, it has been awhile since I've seen it, but SAO is one of the worst shows I gave a chance in the last 3 years. Now with me saying that, they should probably put it on their schedule for more views.

Also, add Fate Zero without a doubt. Madoka Magicl was a surprise for me, but viewers would have to be willing to give it a shot. It's really fucked up tbh. Don't go expecting it to be sailor moon.

Too late for this week. Stay tuned for next week.
crap, I had wanted to be on since last week when the idea was brought up. Oh well.
Here's the post I was (mis)remembering.

p69WkHo.png

If that's really what Bleach looked like for ratings before Toonami, then that is surprising. It doesn't sound right though.
That's a criminal mistake. Keep in mind the ratings system was different; Bleach got 321k in the 18-34 demo (which is what the [adult swim] demo is), not overall. [as] doesn't use overall numbers, TOONAMI does.

I'm stunned @ that, was that by a TOONAMI rep?

interesting that Aniplex is listing Gurren Lagann. did they pick it up after Bandai went under? they only had the rights to the movies, i believe.

also, i doubt viewers would be willing to give Madoka a shot. i think they'd have to air some kind of "bridge" into that sort of show before it ever comes on.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Personally I am waiting for the more flexible record time since I have shit to do Sundays between 8-10 PM.

Novid

Banned
interesting that Aniplex is listing Gurren Lagann. did they pick it up after Bandai went under? they only had the rights to the movies, i believe.

also, i doubt viewers would be willing to give Madoka a shot. i think they'd have to air some kind of "bridge" into that sort of show before it ever comes on.

they will have to wait for any new Salior Moon franchise to start before they even think of Madoka imo.

Azure J

Options are:
Blue Exorcist
Fate/Zero
Madoka Magica
Sword Art Online
Magi
Oreimo
Vividred Operation
Blast of Tempest
Oreshura
Gurren Lagann

Fate/Zero is winning.

I don't know much about Fate/Zero really. Magi & Gurren are good picks. Madoka could be awesome for Deadman Wonderland levels of "what the actual fuck". :lol

How is Blue Exorcist though?

Options are:
Blue Exorcist
Fate/Zero
Madoka Magica
Sword Art Online
Magi
Oreimo
Vividred Operation
Blast of Tempest
Oreshura
Gurren Lagann

Fate/Zero is winning.
Never seen any of those except Gurren Lagann. Which best fits Toonami
Oreimo would be worth it just for GAF's reaction.
Looks up on Google
................How about no

RedBoot

Blue Exorcist is good fun. It manages to sidestep some of the usual issues that shonen battle series run into. It has the same issue as Soul Eater, though, in that it eventually diverges from the manga with mixed results.

It (and Fate/Zero, soon) are also on Neon Alley, but seeing as how they already share Bleach and Naruto between it and Toonami, that's probably not an issue.

Soul Eater is probably enough to get me watching Toonami regularly, even though I've already seen it. I'll have to check out Titan when it restarts as well.

Necrovex

Options are:
Blue Exorcist
Fate/Zero
Madoka Magica
Sword Art Online
Magi
Oreimo
Vividred Operation
Blast of Tempest
Oreshura
Gurren Lagann

Fate/Zero is winning.

I am torn between Madoka Magica and Fate/Zero. But I voted on Fate/Zero because it fits the block better.

Sword art online is cool. It's a better .hack

The first season is mediocre-to-decent, but the second season is why people consider anime as shit.

Madoka might exist in a Blu-ray and DVD formats, but it is being handled in the worst possible ways. It's like buying anime from the early 2000 or today's Japan.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Blue Exorcist or Gurren Lagann have the best chances of catching on in a big way, I'd say.

Jintor

also remember it would be doing the dubbed versions of the anime. The Gurren Lagann dub is a) pretty good and b) has Steve Blum in the most hilarious role imaginable. Madoka's is... eh.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Oh OK, just wanted to make sure. Did you want me to send you the MP3 after to edit or what...?

haha, i like sword art a lot.

Sword Art could have been great if they changed up some of the plot.

Sword Art series spoilers
As it is, the series feels like everything has been rushed. Kirito gets strong all of a sudden. The main frontline organizations get established quickly. If they had spent more than two episodes with Kirito as a low level, but brave player, we could have gotten some good characterization out of it. In the second episode, he establishes some friendships, but then they mostly fall by the wayside while he goes looking for dragon shit. So much wasted potential.

And then the second season just does away with all of the tension. The stakes are dramatically lowered and the show isn't as good anymore. Plus the incest.

If it were in more capable hands, Sword Art would have been really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom