• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

need to watch episode 2 Black star #1

also Death the Kid(episode 3) set the tone really well

I usually don't watch ahead so I'll wait to watch that with GAF; I want to react genuinely in real time. I just made an small exception here. I only watched parts though, kinda skipping through it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Boy... that was nuts.

We should script this. Make things easier, not go on as many tangents.

ckohler

i've been told you've gotta give Soul Eater a few episodes to get going

The first three episodes are pretty silly and just introduce the main characters. After that the show starts to take itself more seriously, slowly over time, but never so much as to ever get pretentious.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
You shouldn't worry about it. Soul Eater is a great show even if the ending was dumb. It's 100x better than Samurai 7 and Bleach's current & future arcs.

maQYk.gif
maQYk.gif
maQYk.gif

Whaaaa?
>__>

I watched every show on that list and Bleach is the best and has the best animation, by far.

Raxus

you don't get to fall back on that argument when you state your opinion like it's authoritative and some kind of fact.

At least substantiate such a bold claim. Please point us to episodes with great animation. I, for one, would love to watch those.

At least substantiate such a bold claim. Please point us to episodes with great animation. I, for one, would love to watch those.

falling back on "WELL IT'S MY OPINION" usually means a person has nothing to say. if he's going to phrase it like he did, he should expect some people to disagree and then be prepared to argue that point. otherwise he should phrase it like an actual opinion.

i also find it kind of hard to believe a person who considers Bleach to have the best animation has actually watched all the shows on the block. it's just not as fluid.

you don't get to fall back on that argument when you state your opinion like it's authoritative and some kind of fact.
I don´t have to write imo after every little word i write. It´s implied. Jesus.
I'll be looking forward to seeing GAF's reactions to those episodes. God they are terrible. It'll be fun watching with GAF though just to read the reactions.

Oh come on, they are fun episodes.

falling back on "WELL IT'S MY OPINION" usually means a person has nothing to say. if he's going to phrase it like he did, he should expect some people to disagree and then be prepared to argue that point. otherwise he should phrase it like an actual opinion.

i also find it kind of hard to believe a person who considers Bleach to have the best animation has actually watched all the shows on the block. it's just not as fluid.
The fuck is this shit? It´s because i watched all of these shows and then some i said it´s the best.

Slavik81

i've been told you've gotta give Soul Eater a few episodes to get going
The first episode is awesome... But they overdo the character traits on BlackStar and Death The Kid. Their introductory episodes soured everyone I know on the series. No amount of assurances that they get better could convince my friends to watch a 4th episode.

Too bad, too, because I really enjoyed the series through and through.

Edit: didn't like the first episode? Give up now.

Mature

So tell me, I can't have different opinion from you apparently, is what you are saying right? Then pack it up and accept that different people like different things.
Ooh. Touchy.

Of course you're allowed to have a different opinion. It doesn't mean that I have to like it and it doesn't mean that I won't be cheeky about yours. However, objectively and per capita, Bleach has awful animation. And you're saying you've seen every show on what list? The current line-up? So you're saying Bleach has better animation than the likes of Cowboy Bebop and Bones titles like FMA: Brotherhood and Eureka Seven? And you expect me not to laugh?

The first episode is awesome... But they overdo the character traits on BlackStar and Death The Kid. Their introductory episodes soured everyone I know on the series. No amount of assurances that they get better could convince my friends to watch a 4th episode.

Too bad, too, because I really enjoyed the series through and through.

Edit: didn't like the first episode? Give up now.

Don´t give up dude. It´s a great show with very interesting characters and story.
Ooh. Touchy.

Of course you're allowed to have a different opinion. It doesn't mean that I have to like it and it doesn't mean that I won't be cheeky about yours. However, objectively and per capita, Bleach has awful animation. And you're saying you've seen every show on what list? The current line-up? So you're saying Bleach has better animation than the likes of Cowboy Bebop and Bones titles like FMA: Brotherhood and Eureka Seven? And you expect me not to laugh?
Yes, Bleach has better animation than the mentioned in your post. And yes i have seen every show on the list. Objectivity? Lol. Now i will laugh at you.

kewlmyc

Aniplex is having a Facebook poll on what series you would most like to see on Toonami!

Options are:
Blue Exorcist
Fate/Zero
Madoka Magica
Sword Art Online
Magi
Oreimo
Vividred Operation
Blast of Tempest
Oreshura
Gurren Lagann

Fate/Zero is winning.
Blue Exosist, Fate/Zero, Sword Art Online, Magi, and Gurren Lagann would all be good fits. Madoka Magica is fantastic, but might alienate Toonami's demographic. Oreimo(borderline incest at times), Vividred Operation(underage ass shots: the anime), and Oreshura (boring Harem bullshit) are hilarious options that I'm not sure why they're even on there. I'll personally pick Fate/Zero, even though it's a prequel to a series that never aired on Toonami. It still works as a stand alone series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom