• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

not feeling it. its pretty weak for a shounen series.

They still haven't even begun setting up the main plot arc apparently?

It's moving fucking faster than either Naruto or Bleach, that's for certain. The last three or four episodes of Naruto have all been on that god damned bridge

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
They still haven't even begun setting up the main plot arc apparently?

It's moving fucking faster than either Naruto or Bleach, that's for certain. The last three or four episodes of Naruto have all been on that god damned bridge

despite them being on the bridge, im more emotionally invested in the characters from naruto that the ones from soul eater. they just do... nothing for me so far other than existing

Jintor

despite them being on the bridge, im more emotionally invested in the characters from naruto that the ones from soul eater. they just do... nothing for me so far other than existing

Maka is 300x every naruto character so far except possibly bowie-sensei

The sheer execution of Soul Eater is so far above the admittedly far older naruto it's almost ridiculous.

Seda

People are allowed to have opinions. I see a few reasons why Soul Eater may not appeal to someone. It's pretty wacky/loud.

Jintor

3916_b3ee_960.jpeg

Parallax

Maka is 300x every naruto character so far except possibly bowie-sensei

The sheer execution of Soul Eater is so far above the admittedly far older naruto it's almost ridiculous.

its one shounen against another. its not in a whole new class and it isnt better than naruto thus far either.

Why does every young maiden in Inuyasha look exactly alike? Seriously, this one is supposed to special, but she looks like every random village girl we've ever seen.

Jintor

its one shounen against another. its not in a whole new class and it isnt better than naruto thus far either.

I cannot believe the words I am hearing (reading).

Okay. I've never seen next week's episodes of Naruto or Soul Eater. I'll jot down some thoughts next week and see if I can make a case for my instinct that SE is clearly superior.

I realise it's going to do nothing against your opinion, but I at least would like to know why I think SE's better

Parallax

I cannot believe the words I am hearing (reading).

Okay. I've never seen next week's episodes of Naruto or Soul Eater. I'll jot down some thoughts next week and see if I can make a case for my instinct that SE is clearly superior.

theres no point in you wasting your time

Seda

Trying to point out someone's opinion is wrong is like trying to tell them what their favorite flavor of ice cream is.

Parallax

Trying to point out someone's opinion is wrong is like trying to tell them what their favorite flavor of ice cream is.

deja fucking vu.

like ive seen all this play out and it just came together with this post

Seda

i'm supporting my opinion not trashing his

Ah okay.

My guess is that it is probably going to turn out that your list of reasons for your preference will turn out to be almost exactly the reasons for his, just that the preferences are different.

Jintor

Ah okay.

My guess is that it is probably going to turn out that your list of reasons for your preference will turn out to be almost exactly the reasons for his, just that the preferences are different.

If it comes out to 'Ninjas v Weaponmeisters' maybe. I'd like to think stuff like stilted direction, imperfect flow of dialogue or bad cutting is universal though

Seda

i legitimately do not see any reason a person would prefer Naruto to Soul Eater at this moment in time.

I have seen a couple of people on Twitter watching Soul Eater for the first time who really don't like it's tone or brand of humor.

I for one love this symmetry thing going on with Kid.

#TeamKid

I have seen a couple of people on Twitter watching Soul Eater for the first time who really don't like it's tone or brand of humor.

I for one love this symmetry thing going on with Kid.

#TeamKid

and i really don't think the humor differs much from Naruto, except there's more of it.

also, it's actually funny

Chris R

Can someone point me in the direction to find out about Evangelion? I just got done watching the movie they showed a few weeks ago (1.11 or something) and want to see more!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Can someone point me in the direction to find out about Evangelion? I just got done watching the movie they showed a few weeks ago (1.11 or something) and want to see more!

2.22 is out so you can watch that. Or you can watch the original series, which takes a different direction. There are also a few manga based around the show, either adaptations or alternate universes. All of it's on amazon, if you want to buy. If not you know where to look.

Seda

I'm no expert on the series but I've become a bit more familiar because of the recent movie.

Original 26 Episode Anime
-I'm told you definitely want to see this first before continuing the Rebuild movies

End of Evangelion
-"effectively replaces the series' controversial final two episodes"

Rebuild of Evangelion
-The not yet finished movie set

I have heard a lot of really crazy stuff about the series in general, and basically, you definitely want to watch the anime (and EoE) before you continue the movies.

Moaradin

Yes. Watch the original series (including the final 2 episodes), then End of Evangelion. If that didn't satisfy your sadistic urges, watch the rebuild movies. They are really good as well.
I haven't seen 3.0 yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom