• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cwarrior

I would say average soul eater may have better animation then your average naruto ep,but the first 51 episode of naruto is much better then the soul eater anime which is 51 episodes(not talking about manga).

-the filler ending in soul eater is dreadful
-the humor isn't funny 99% of the time imo
-naruto has much better music

The plot in soul eater is a lot less engaging or exciting but it does pick up later on to become more interesting but sadly it goes into a coma for a while after
keshen evil thing is let out
, to wake up much later.

Soul eater has top tier production value sadly studio bones stupid original anime filler content ruines it.

+has some great fights like
mosquito man and chainsaw man fight
and blackstar fights later on.

But I don't think anything in it is as great as say
rock lee vs gaara.

Seda

I generally found Naruto to be enjoyable - at times (I've seen everything up to where the dub is currently, which is in the Pain arc.) and I can only comment on the first 6 episodes of Soul Eater.

Naruto does get a lot better, in terms of voice acting, animation, plot, and pacing (a bit, not drastically). Some of the overarching plot elements in Naruto are pretty stupid and sometimes the characters are quite unlikable, but it can reach pretty good highs.

Soul Eater, being a shorter anime, will probably have better pacing throughout (I'm speculating). So far, it definitely has a lot more 'comedy' and I can definitely see why that could be a major reason to dislike it for some. I'm sure a lot of people appreciate that they don't just stand around and talk so much (like Naruto/Bleach do). Naruto does get better at that as well.

EDIT: I have heard that the anime team's plot after whatever point is pretty bad from several people. The last stretches of Soul Eater might leave a sour taste I suppose; that's obviously not for a while yet.

EDIT2: Next week's Naruto is
the last episode of the Zabuza arc
by the way. (vague spoiler, but still a spoiler I suppose)

LycanXIII

I would say average soul eater may have better animation then your average naruto ep,but the first 51 episode of naruto is much better then the soul eater anime which is 51 episodes(not talking about manga).

-the filler ending in soul eater is dreadful
-the humor isn't funny 99% of the time imo
-naruto has much better music

The plot in soul eater is a lot less engaging or exciting but it does pick up later on to become more interesting but sadly it goes into a coma for a while after
keshen evil thing is let out,
to wake up much later.

Soul eater has top tier production value sadly studio bones stupid original anime filler content ruines it.

+has some great fights
like mosquito man and chainsaw main fight and blackstar fights later on.

But I don't think anything in it is as great as say rock lee vs gaara.
Spoiler tag that shit. Some people haven't seen it.

Seda

I haven't seen it yet, was it that bad?

Wish I could have seen it with you guys, stupid early morning. :(

It wasn't crazy insane like the episode two(?) weeks ago. Just really stupid. As usual.

6 more weeks of it I believe.

3 more weeks of the current look for Toonami in general.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It wasn't crazy insane like the episode two(?) weeks ago. Just really stupid. As usual.

6 more weeks of it I believe.

3 more weeks of the current look for Toonami in general.

OK, sounds like I can watch it with sharp objects in the room then.

Raxus

GXP reruns

crazy_laugh1.jpg

Raxus

No reason to risk it, we don't want to lose you man :(

EDIT: Adult Swim April Fools is Loiter Squad? Lame.

Actually it is in their schedule. I guess they are going to do April Fools tomorrow.

That or avoid it seeing as last time they did it they revived a whole block. 0.0

Drago

This is lame.

I was secretly hoping they would have a Miguzi block for the night, haha. Hopefully the next time April Fools lands on a Toonami night.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
This is lame.

I was secretly hoping they would have a Miguzi block for the night, haha. Hopefully the next time April Fools lands on a Toonami night.

It would be a marathon of Pilot Candidate, Reign the Conqueror, and GXP.
Well, the worst of the anime they've shown really.

BatDan

So... it's Eagleheart with cat faces over main characters. How odd.

I wonder if the rest of the repeats will be the same.

BatDan

Maybe this show would make more sense if I toked up. That seems to be the expectation for these live action Adult Swim shows.

Raxus

Yeah this is still better then Loiter Squad. Cancel that and just rerun old AS shows with cat faces.
Who money? This is a BBC show we're talking about here.
But look how well things worked for Tennett and Eccelston...Ecclestein?....the 9th doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom