• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mature

AucnBwh.gif
I reaaaallly dig it. Seems more personal. Like the Bebop or something.

Seda

One thing I did appreciate about Logue town is that
Luffy actually lost a fight, twice sort of. Smoker beat him handily and Luffy lucked out because Tattoo-face intervened. Up to that point, Luffy seemed unbeatable other than his inability to swim.

that's true, but
the fight was underwhelming as hell and to the point where it seemed like Luffy wasn't even trying

also, the ratings are listed but the link is dead at the moment

that's true, but
the fight was underwhelming as hell and to the point where it seemed like Luffy wasn't even trying

also, the ratings are listed but the link is dead at the moment
Smokers devil fruit kinda makes it impossible for Luffy or anybody to hit at this point in the story

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Full ratings are up

Bleach - 1,131,000
Naruto - 1,080,000
Soul Eater - 965,000
Thundercats - 747,000
Sym Bionic Titan - 660,000
Eureka 7 - 574,000
Tenchi Muyo GXP - 588,000
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood - 571,000
Cowboy Bebop - 547,000
Cowboy Bebop - 537,000
Inuyasha - 537,000
Inuyasha - 531,000

http://www.tvmediainsights.com/2013/04/adultswim-ratings-scorecard-week-of-april-8-2013/

Not bad, hell of a drop from Soul Eater to TCats. They really need to move TCats down in the line up and put something awesome there. Also how the FUCK did GPX beat Eureka 7? No fucking justice in the world, none at all.

BatDan

Fun fact: Loguetown is known as "the town of the beginning and the end". It was where Gold Roger was born and later executed.
Synonyms for "beginning and end" are "prologue and epilogue" Prologue and Epilogue.

That's why it pissed me off when Viz translated it as "Roguetown", completely missing the point Oda was trying to make. That and they were forced by the evil hand of 4Kids (who also called it Roguetown).

You saw the March to Arlong Park didn't you?
It's so awesome.
One of the coolest moments i've ever seen in an anime.

Full ratings are up

Bleach - 1,131,000
Naruto - 1,080,000
Soul Eater - 965,000
Thundercats - 747,000
Sym Bionic Titan - 660,000
Eureka 7 - 574,000
Tenchi Muyo GXP - 588,000
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood - 571,000
Cowboy Bebop - 547,000
Cowboy Bebop - 537,000
Inuyasha - 537,000
Inuyasha - 531,000

http://www.tvmediainsights.com/2013/04/adultswim-ratings-scorecard-week-of-april-8-2013/

Soul Eater seems to get rather consistent ratings for the most part. Dat Eureka 7 drop though. Ouch. And then people actually come back for GXP? I'll never understand people.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
One of the coolest moments i've ever seen in an anime.

Soul Eater seems to get rather consistent ratings for the most part. Dat Eureka 7 drop though. Ouch. And then people actually come back for GXP? I'll never understand people.

The TCats drop is the biggest one. Over 200k people just changed the channel. It really needs to get swapped out for something else or moved down.

BatDan

The TCats drop is the biggest one. Over 200k people just changed the channel. It really needs to get swapped out for something else or moved down.

It does show that people won't tune in for a series that's finished. Especially after that ending.
Makes me wonder who was asking for it to be rerun.

lol @ people coming back for GXp.

one piece next week right?

No, next week is IGPX. One Piece isn't until May 18th, a week after GXP ends.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It does show that people won't tune in for a series that's finished. Especially after that ending.

No, next week is IGPX. One Piece isn't until May 18th, a week after GXP ends.

Probably a small but vocal minority. Oooh, IGPX is next week? Sweetness, time for giant robot racing and combat. Also romantic entanglements.

LycanXIII

As long as SE keeps those consistent ratings, I'm cool with it. Wish it'd stay closer to a million though. Sadly with OP joining, it'll drop lower most likely.

They'd use Bebop to prove your point wrong. :/
That's how it is for me though. I haven't watched Titan since it ended. I don't feel like rewatching it that soon after it ended. If they own them, they should just hold on to them and re-run them after a few months.

BatDan

I suspect it'll be moved down to make room for IGPX, tbh.

Sadly that's not the case. The schedule confirmed IGPX will air after ThunderCats.

Good news is that ThunderCats will be moved down when One Piece starts. Meaning the first five shows will be Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Soul Eater, and IGPX.

No, the schedule is already out, and IGPX gets put in the death slot AFTER Thundercats.

Toonami continues to be brilliantly managed.

Geez, we already know that's because it will eventually be behind One Piece and Soul Eater.

They've mentioned in the past that they want the schedule to remain the same as much as possible, so of course, they want to put IGPX where it's going to be going forward, instead of moving it after just a few weeks.

You're complaining about something that's temporary.

Seda

Geez, we already know that's because it will eventually be behind One Piece and Soul Eater.

They've mentioned in the past that they want the schedule to remain the same as much as possible, so of course, they want to put IGPX where it's going to be going forward, instead of moving it after just a few weeks.

You're complaining about something that's temporary.

I see that's what they are doing (putting IGPX into it's final slot from the get go) but I think I'd rather they place it before T-Cats for a few weeks and then shift it down later to make room for One Piece

LycanXIII

I see that's what they are doing (putting IGPX into it's final slot from the get go) but I think I'd rather they place it before T-Cats for a few weeks and then shift it down later to make room for One Piece

Yeah, it'd be better to get an audience at an earlier time and hope to have them move with it than to just start it at a later time, after a show that is causing rating drops.

Gonna have to disagree. IGPX is going to run for six months (more than likely repeating after that), it will be behind Thundercats repeats for all of three weeks. That's not long enough to hurt its chances, in my opinion.

If it did air at an earlier time, gain an audience, and then get moved down, would it keep that audience? Would you piss off viewers and that might affect other parts of your block? Is IGPX worth all that?

Holy shit, that means it showed on TV?

It's a reel of all the promos - :60 "Next Saturday at 2", :60 "Saturday at 2", and :60 "Tonight at 2".

Oddly, the Tonight one uses the current look - though that might simply mean they want to keep the new look under wraps until Midnight that night. As they say - NO HINTS!

It's a reel of all the promos - :60 "Next Saturday at 2", :60 "Saturday at 2", and :60 "Tonight at 2".

Oddly, the Tonight one uses the current look - though that might simply mean they want to keep the new look under wraps until Midnight that night. As they say - NO HINTS!

I see. Yes, I just noticed it.

Man, Casshern really fucked me up. One of my friends said something about how we're all dying and I immediately thought of the Ruin. Then I started humming A Path and it made me sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom