• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I kinda just want to get caught up quickly so I don't have to worry about it. Also I'm enjoying it enough.

I'm in the early part of the Alabaster arc (just got to the Island with the Giants) and so far it's pretty silly still. However, One Piece seems to have a decent balance of zaniness and seriousness. And yeah, the animation between Buggy Pirate tamer guy and Buggy Pirate acrobat guy was surprisingly good.

That arc gets pretty nuts later on, prepare to flip your shit. Also Buggy is the GOAT.

Seda

Through episode 82.

Not feeling this Drum Island stuff at all so far. I did enjoy the last few episodes on Little Garden. I found Zoro's obsession with posing as he was turning to wax to be hilarious

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Through episode 82.

Not feeling this Drum Island stuff at all so far. I did enjoy the last few episodes on Little Garden. I found Zoro's obsession with posing as he was turning to wax to be hilarious

Oh you'll be feeling it, everyone FEELS it

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, I PM'd the schedules and previews to Andrex, so go pester him.

Note: there has been a schedule change for this Saturday. Go ask him about it. :D

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Give a man a Hot Pocket, and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to microwave his own Hot Pockets, and he will soon have a harem.

The answer to life, the universe, and everything is Hot Pockets.

Give a man a Hot Pocket, and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to microwave his own Hot Pockets, and he will soon have a harem.

FgpJSQz.gif

That is hot.

ETA: Through 30 episodes in my personal One Piece watch-a-thon. The Syrup Village Arc was probably the biggest chore to get through.

Levyne

Banned
I'm in the 80s. Yeah the drum island villian so far is pretty lame, I loved the short garden arc right before it though.

The only thing the sorta bugs me

(slightly)

Edit: I had a longish rant about seemingly very minor characters and previously defeated villians never ceasing to be brought back around, but I'm unsure it made much sense. Let's just say for some reason that I wish there was slightly less recycling...

well i don't even mean HOTD, just Sentai in general. with that show coming to Neon Alley, maybe they'll be willing to use Toonami.

and why isn't there any way they could get that show on Toonami? there isn't much that would require censorship at all.

well i don't even mean HOTD, just Sentai in general. with that show coming to Neon Alley, maybe they'll be willing to use Toonami.

and why isn't there any way they could get that show on Toonami? there isn't much that would require censorship at all.

There's only one episode where the plot is overwhelming and might cause a problem.

wwm0nkey

I can't see any way they can get Highschool of the Dead on Toonami. If anything from Sentai, I'd expect P4Anime before that.

Would MUCH prefer P4 over Highschool of the Dead.....if the show was either full fan service or full serious it would have been fine but it has a weird in between that I hate.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I think that's my favorite ending.

And yeah it doesn't sound like Winry at all, although a later character sounds just like her.

*looks up* Ooooh her. I don't watch FMA so I don't know what Winry sounds like. I should read the manga... though I still have Soul Eater to continue.

Jintor

You gotta understand, TOM can't afford the lofty indulgences from the old days. It's a belt-tightening operation around here. Just gotta keep on keeping on.

I kinda hope for more moving parts though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom