• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Oh right I forgot they were doing the Buu saga exclusively for the West.

Yeah, my guess is DBZ Kai is taking a break from Nicktoons until that's ready. Then they'll bring it back full force with loud ads and all the other crap Nickelodeon does.

If it's Tuesday, it's time for Turner's weekly ratings press release!

Saturday’s Toonami block premiere episodes of Bleach, Naruto and Soul Eater each ranked #1 in their respective time slots among adults 18-24 & 18-34 and all key men, charting double-digit increases across the board – ranging between 32% and 102% – vs. the same time period last year.

Their emphasis, not mine.

I have a question for all you One Piece aficionados. Has the Straw Hat Crew ever actually committed any acts of piracy? I only watched till the end of when Luffy fought that Crocodile dude, but I don't remember them ever actually committing any acts of piracy.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I have a question for all you One Piece aficionados. Has the Straw Hat Crew ever actually committed any acts of piracy? I only watched till the end of when Luffy fought that Crocodile dude, but I don't remember them ever actually committing any acts of piracy.

In one of the recent eps Luffy torrented Game of Thrones. What a badass.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Since this is before 207, I feel okay to mention it.
They do steal gold from Skypiea, but the Skypieans don't really care as gold is worthless to them. They even tried to offer them a giant gold pillar but the Straw Hats thought it was a weapon so they ran away. Not that they could have taken it as it was bigger than their ship.

There are other examples but they happen afterwards.

Since this is before 207, I feel okay to mention it.
They do steal gold from Skypiea, but the Skypieans don't really care as gold is worthless to them. They even tried to offer them a giant gold pillar but the Straw Hats thought it was a weapon so they ran away. Not that they could have taken it as it was bigger than their ship.

There are other examples but they happen afterwards.
I see. I was starting to wonder how Luffy could ever technically be king of the pirates without ever having actually been a pirate.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=541305

So I guess the move to OT Community is inevitable?
Quick! Nobody move a muscle. They can't see us if we don't move.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Stop posting!

dammit

(honestly it wouldn't bother me, I always link here from my subscription table anyway.)

Same, however what's annoying about the move to community is that it always cuts down the thread activity (for obvious reasons.)

Reading the Evillore thread, if I'm understanding this right, this thread actually wouldn't be OT Community worthy. We stay pretty much on point about our main topic and don't drift off into personal back and forth or discussions about individual shows.

Now, if there was a thread where we organized get-togethers or something like that, then that would be where a need for a "Toonami Community" thread would arise.

Drago

So I'm going to be out of the country this weekend. Who wants to do my job for me?

This week on Toonami:

12:00 - Bleach - 294 - Impossible to Attack? The Sealed Genryuusai!
12:30 - Naruto - 21 - Identify Yourself: Powerful New Rivals
1:00 - Soul Eater - 9 - Legend of the Holy Sword – Kid and Black☆Star's Great Adventure?
1:30 - Thundercats - 4 - Song of the Petalars
2:00 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 7 - Showdown at Sherman High
2:30 - Eureka seveN - 34 - Inner Flight
3:00 - Tenchi Muyo! GXP - 23 - Pursuit
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 23 - Girl on the Battlefield
4:00 - Cowboy Bebop - 25-26 - The Real Folk Blues - END
5:00 - Inuyasha - 47 - Onigumo's Heart Still Beats Within Naraku
5:30 - Inuyasha - 48 - Return to the Place Where We First Met

Like this?
I just quoted another post of yours :p

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
AndrextronM said:
Tonight on Toonami, the theme song continues to be the best thing about Bleach, some powerful new rivals have to identify themselves on Naruto, Kid and Black Star chase a legend for a Holy Sword on Soul Eater, everyone has some growing up to do on Thundercats, highdown at shershow on Sym-Bionic Titan, scub coral coralians seventh swells on Eureka Seven, who gives a shit about Tenchi Muyo GXP, Winry pusses out on FMA Brotherhood, you're gonna carry that weight on Bebop, and flashbacks abound on Inuyasha.

That OK?

Yeah, that Soul Eater drop isn't that bad. Shows are all around the one million mark, likely to stay that way with One Piece.

Hey, I'll give this a shot:

Tonight on Toonami, it's the final button push from TOM 3.5, there's more thought in the opening to Bleach than the episode itself, Naruto may or may not be lactose intolerant, Soul Eater continues to impress, Pumyra lives (until she's dead again) on Thundercats, Sym-bionic Titan moves closer to THE HAMMER, Eureka Seven magnificently swells, Tenchi Muyo! GXP can't end fast enough, no one mocks FMA:Bros, you'll once again confuse "See You Space Cowboy" with "The Real Folk Blues" on the finale of Bebop, and if you're not sure what's going on on Inuyasha, just wait, there will be a recap along soon enough.

Jintor

tumblr_mbn1sicUvN1rbtx3po2_500.gif

tumblr_mbn1sicUvN1rbtx3po3_500.gif

Seda

Up to 72.

Zoro or Sanji are my favorite characters right now.

And now I have that second opening burned into my memory.

Seda

Well maybe it was pseudo filler, but I didn't actually expect it to lead into the next mini-arc with actual canon relevance.
Buggy being back and up to his antics

Just finished episode 19. Someone must've cut a tiny onion during it.

Don't know how you guys are moving so fast - you do realize you've got a month to get this all in?

I thought that was filler at first.

i did too. i was shocked when it became sort of relevant.

the sad part is i think the episode where Buggy's henchman are fighting for captain might have some of the best fight animation in the series up to that point. just....why would you waste your budget on that shit? -_-

anyways, the Arlong arc was great (though the middle was better than the end). the part where
Luffy gives Nami his hat and then walks off with the crew to wreck Arlong's shit is EPIC.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
i did too. i was shocked when it became sort of relevant.

the sad part is i think the episode where Buggy's henchman are fighting for captain might have some of the best fight animation in the series up to that point. just....why would you waste your budget on that shit? -_-

anyways, the Arlong arc was great (though the middle was better than the end). the part where
Luffy gives Nami his hat and then walks off with the crew to wreck Arlong's shit is EPIC.

It's because Buggy is AWESOME. You have no idea.

The Arlong arc sets the tone for the rest of the story, expect shit on that level from now on.

Seda

Just finished episode 19. Someone must've cut a tiny onion during it.

Don't know how you guys are moving so fast - you do realize you've got a month to get this all in?

I kinda just want to get caught up quickly so I don't have to worry about it. Also I'm enjoying it enough.

It's because Buggy is AWESOME. You have no idea.

The Arlong arc sets the tone for the rest of the story, expect shit on that level from now on.

I'm in the early part of the Alabaster arc (just got to the Island with the Giants) and so far it's pretty silly still. However, One Piece seems to have a decent balance of zaniness and seriousness. And yeah, the animation between Buggy Pirate tamer guy and Buggy Pirate acrobat guy was surprisingly good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom