• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Out of all the under 100 episode shows brought on Toonami, Casshern Sins was indeed the best.
In fact, here's my ranking (excluding the big three as One Piece would have an unfair advantage).

Casshern Sins: A depressing, beautifully animated tale about mortality and living life. The titular Casshern goes through his now immortal life bearing the weight of causing the apocalypse. With millions of robots after him, under the belief that consuming him will give them immorality, and that no matter what he does, he can't die. But everyone else certainly will. You can count the number of living named characters that survive the end on one hand. Hide all your sharp objects.

Deadman Wonderland: An over-the-top and brutal short series. Based on a monthly manga, DMW follows high school student Ganta Igarashi whose entire class is murdered right in front of him, and he's framed for it. Sent to DMW, a prison/amusement park combination, he is forced to participate in deadly battles and games, while learning about his now power of shooting his own blood. Fun series, but way too short. Cancelled due to abysmal ratings in Japan. But at least it followed the manga, unlike...

Soul Eater: A fine example of Shonen. Another monthly manga, Soul Eater follows various students of Death Weapon Meister Academy. Students are grouped in pairs, one is a human weapon that can transform at will, and the other is the Meister that handles them. In order to become a weapon for Death itself, they must consume 99 evil souls and one witch soul. Amazing animation lifts this series up, but having read the manga, I'm disappointed that it won't cover such amazing events as *bleeeeeeeeeeep*. This would have been higher had it not overtaken the manga. I do look forward to "Soul Eater Brotherhood" *title pending*

Samurai 7: Eeeeeeh. A steampunk adaptation of Akira Kurosawa's iconic film, a group of villagers hire seven Samurai to defend their village from bandits. Only here, replace bandits with robots. Robots apparently made of tissue paper. When it follows the movie, it's really good. But when it starts using original material, it ranges from dull to insanely idiotic. You're better off watching the actual movie, or the Western remake "The Magnificent Seven".

Tenchi Muyo GXP: FUCK THIS SHOW FUCK THIS SHOW FUCK THIS SHOW FUCK THIS SHOW! Some shithead little kid that somehow harnesses bad luck like a superpower ends up in the intergalactic police. Despite having no actual skills, he manages to become a cop and have bunch of busty women fawn over him, and he's all "Noooo" and fuuuuuck this is awful. Avoid avoid avoid avoid avoid! Watch the real Tenchi instead.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Taking over Meta's duties for tonight, here we go!

Tonight on Toonami, it's last call for TOM 3.5 as Yamamoto finally tries to attack Aizen, Team 7 meets some rival Leaf genin, Death the Kid and Black☆Star seek Excalibur, Thundercats re-reboots, the Galalunians have to defend Sherman High, Holland reveals the true origins of his quest, Seina's crew gets disbanded, the fight continues all over Central as our heroes make a big catch, Bebop plays the Real Folk Blues, and Kagome goes back to her own time...yes, again.

12:00 - Bleach - 294 - Impossible to Attack? The Sealed Genryuusai!
12:30 - Naruto - 21 - Identify Yourself: Powerful New Rivals
1:00 - Soul Eater - 9 - Legend of the Holy Sword – Kid and Black☆Star's Great Adventure?
1:30 - Thundercats - 1 - Omens, Part One
2:00 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 7 - Showdown at Sherman High
2:30 - Eureka seveN - 34 - Inner Flight
3:00 - Tenchi Muyo! GXP - 23 - Pursuit
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 23 - Girl on the Battlefield
4:00 - Cowboy Bebop - 25-26 - The Real Folk Blues - END
5:00 - Inuyasha - 47 - Onigumo's Heart Still Beats Within Naraku
5:30 - Inuyasha - 48 - Return to the Place Where We First Met

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
It makes me incredibly happy that Melody of the Wild Dance is going to kick off every single night for a good long while. :D

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
My own Miiverse tribute to Tom 3.5:

tumblr_mll5qawfrt1s9kej6o1_400.png

It'll be good to have IGPX back on the air next week! And a new Tom to get used to drawin'...

BatDan

Not a big fan of tonight's Soul Eater... But, still...
FOOLS!

I don't get how he's so popular. I'm 67 chapters in and he's only shown up twice, yet the first popularity poll I read ranked him at 5th. Maybe that's why he has more appearances in the anime?

god, Apis is so fucking annoying.

The bright side? You'll never see her again.

Wilsongt

I don't get how he's so popular. I'm 67 chapters in and he's only shown up twice, yet the first popularity poll I read ranked him at 5th. Maybe that's why he has more appearances in the anime?

The bright side? You'll never see her again.

I found him appealing, mainly because I just wanted to know if he was gonna do something interesting. Turns out, he actually acts... normal... during the last few episodes.

Trying to get caught up in One Piece...

I forgot how Luffy gives no fucks about damn near anything.

Only at episode two (although in the Manga I read up to Chopper's first appearance.)

How far do I gotta get to get caught up to where it's gonna air?

BatDan

Only at episode two (although in the Manga I read up to Chopper's first appearance.)

They'll be starting on Episode 207. You have a loooooooong way.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
That's beautiful.

that's pretty awesome.

Awesome.
I look forward to the TOM 5.0 drawings on Miiverse.

That's good stuff man.

Those Cheddar Biscuits are good. I love those things.

C'mon 3DS Miiverse....

Great Job. Can't wait to see you draw the new Tom
Let's pour one out of Tom 3.5

(O.O) Thanks a lot guys! It's pretty impossible to post here, draw a pic for each show, and watch the shows all at once, BUt I still try to keep up with this thread when I can.

If there was a 3DS Miiverse, I don't think my brother and I could pay any attention to Toonami when it's on, ha. Would both be drawin' away...

Seda

206 episodes. Chopper's arc (spoiler is episode numbers, some might consider a spoiler?) is
78-91
for reference. I just finished that.

Azure J

SAB you do some great stuff on MiiVerse. Good job.

On a random note, is tonight the Toonami thread meetup where we clamor about how Toonami should grab Attack on Titan whenever available?

Because Toonami should totally grab the Attack on Titan license whenever available guise. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom