• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drago

Pretty upset, I'm gonna be out all next weekend so I'm not gonna see the premiere of the new Toonami on TV. I should be able to watch a stream on my phone so it's not all bad, but it isn't the same ;(

Necrovex

I really need to sit down and blast through Casshern. I need to see if this anime is as depressing as everyone is making it out to be.

Awwwe, Netflix took Casshern down. :-(

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
ib1golI0pbhuJn.gif

Do you even smile?

Seda

Up to episode 92. This is
right after the Drum Kingdom arc and before the proper Alabasta arc. Overall I didn't really care much for this segment. Wapol was just a moron and the Chopper backstory was kinda meh, although it had some moments. The cherry blossom cannons were okay (I had some feels) but my favorite part of the segment was probably this: http://i.imgur.com/GszSnPX.png

IGPX is TV-14 DVS?

wut?

Is that weird?

Tamanon

Banned
I mean, no matter how depressing Casshern Sins gets(and it really does), it's a great anime. The voice work is good, the animation is great, and it just oozes style.

Raxus

Afternoon Toonami GAF!

I am pumped for tonight. IGPX preview (assumed), Naruto dives into its best arc, Bleach and GXP spiral into madness, and Soul Eater gives birth to a STAR! I have no clue what is going on in E7 or Thundercats.

Necrovex

Afternoon Toonami GAF!

I am pumped for tonight. IGPX preview (assumed), Naruto dives into its best arc, Bleach and GXP spiral into madness, and Soul Eater gives birth to a STAR! I have no clue what is going on in E7 or Thundercats.

The chunin arc is about to begin? That arc is still one of my arcs in Naruto.

Seda

Afternoon Toonami GAF!

We have no idea what going on without Meta! (Thundercats is airing the pilot, in Eureka they were about to go rescue Master Norb)

The chunin arc is about to begin? That arc is still one of my arcs in Naruto.

Yeah we just have to drudge through the first couple episodes of the arc first before it really gets going. We meet new characters tonight.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
they've stated on the Tumblr the version we saw on Toonami is the only version.

but if some later episodes were rated TV-14, that would explain things.

I was joking. But now that I think about what would an uncensored IGPX look like?

Seda

I CAN'T BECAUSE I HAVE TO WATCH EVERY EPISODE OF A SERIES BECAUSE I'M A CRAZY PERSON

I watched all the filler hell in Naruto, knowing full well it was filler and knowing it wasn't going to end. I think there was one decent arc in there and the rest was pretty much garbage.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Skip it, it's filler.

The worst filler in fact! Its also the only filler that creates a series of plot holes and inconsistencies for later arcs. There's a reason why the OP fanbase used to rate a filler arc's shittiness by an apis grading scale.

Seda

One thing I didn't mention in an earlier post. In Episode 83:
Drum Island arc, the part were Luffy is climbing up pillar, bare hands and feet bleeding, was done well. I winced when he lost hold for a second and scraped down the pillar leaving a long mark of blood. However, I'm not entirely convinced that there was no way he could have used his gum-gum powers to get up faster.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
One thing I didn't mention in an earlier post. In Episode 83:
Drum Island arc, the part were Luffy is climbing up pillar, bare hands and feet bleeding, was done well. I winced when he lost hold for a second and scraped down the pillar leaving a long mark of blood. However, I'm not entirely convinced that there was no way he could have used his gum-gum powers to get up faster.

It would have caused a jolt and that's what he couldn't do, he had to do it gently.

I mean, no matter how depressing Casshern Sins gets(and it really does), it's a great anime. The voice work is good, the animation is great, and it just oozes style.

Absolutely. It's very depressing, but it's also just a great show. The writing is great, the art style is amazing, and the animation is fantastic. It's one of the best shows to ever air on Toonami, in my mind.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The worst filler in fact! Its also the only filler that creates a series of plot holes and inconsistencies for later arcs. There's a reason why the OP fanbase used to rate a filler arc's shittiness by an apis grading scale.

Nah the worst one is that dumb bounty hunter arc between Water Seven and Thriller Bark.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Absolutely. It's very depressing, but it's also just a great show. The writing is great, the art style is amazing, and the animation is fantastic. It's one of the best shows to ever air on Toonami, in my mind.

You are not wrong, great show, but it can drive people to suicide.

hm. i think tonight's Sym-Bionic Titan episode is the one where i realized how awesome this series was. not sure if it was an actual turning point for the show or just me, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom