• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
We get a new (but shortened) opening and ending next week.

Period > Hologram > Golden Time Lover > Again > Rain

Nico Touches the Walls is usually god-tier. <3 Have had Diver on constant listen for over a month now.

The art quality and direction in Brotherhood is notably better in quite a few instances, but the fight scenes are fewer and not always as well-animated. Although maybe part of that is due to 2003's wacky animu camera shake.
I think it's really weird when people accuse Brotherhood of having too many fight scenes, because the original series shoehorned them in all over the place.

Spoilers:
They WERE his friends.

Seda

ZiGuKfi.gif

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno... I just got done watching FMA and this looks pretty cheap in comparison.

Brotherhood tends to have more simplified and stylized environments in favor of tons of sequences of sakuga animation.

The first FMA series has exactly one sequence that I can recall that can hold a candle to any of Brotherhood's best animation, and that's the Ed vs. Greed fight in episode 32 that lasts, like, 20 seconds.

I do think it's safe to say that Brotherhood's animation is of much less consistent quality, though. It spikes at extremely high levels, much higher than the first anime ever achieves, but it balances this by stylizing things and cheaping out in other areas and limiting animation in down times.

Azure J

Period > Hologram > Golden Time Lover > Again > Rain

Nico Touches the Walls is usually god-tier. <3 Have had Diver on constant listen for over a month now.

Wow, I agree with this ranking completely. The funny part is, none of t he songs are bad to be ranked like that, just that the best songs are too good.

I'd do an ED tier list but all I remember is that Lie, Shuunkan Sentimental and Let It Out are top 3 in that order. I forget the other two.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wow, I agree with this ranking completely. The funny part is, none of t he songs are bad to be ranked like that, just that the best songs are too good.

I'd do an ED tier list but all I remember is that Lie, Shuunkan Sentimental and Let It Out are top 3 in that order. I forget the other two.

Nice! Agreed about none of the opening songs being bad.

For me it's:

Let it Out > Shunkan Sentimental > Uso (Lie) > Ray of Light > Tsunaida Te (the rap one)

Let it Out just touches my soul in a way few other songs have, ever. I listen to it when I feel down and the feels don't stop flowing. I also listen to this rendition every so often... so good. Loved the animation on the ending itself, too. Really liked it thematically and was a perfect counterpoint to Hologram (which also had awesome animation.)

Shunkan Sentimental gets similar feels points but in a different way. It ALWAYS pumps me up. It also had the best segues from the endings of episodes into the song of the actual series.

Uso is cool and I dug the style of the animation but it didn't have enough to really hook me.

Ray of Light was good in parts, kind meh in others.

The rap one was OK until the actual rapping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom