• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

hopefully i'll be up for the full time next week. i had to get up really early yesterday.

I WAS WEAK.

You missed Bradley revealing himself as Wrath the Furious, and making a fool of Greed... As well as some of my favorite Bebop episodes.

Seda

GXP seriously lowers the blocks quality by half by itself. Even Bleach allows a minimal modicum of entertainment in its own way.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Shit, I missed taking part.
Oh well, there's next week. Hopefully it's not 7-9 like last week.

Oh dammit they started up Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood again. This is the second time. I really need to keep up with this thread regularly. That or set my DVR to record anytime Full-Metal alchemist shows up.

ReiGun

I would love to see a Gundam show back on Toonami, I was first introduced to the series on Toonami of old

I don't even like Gundam, but I agree. A new Gundam and that new Sailor Moon show need to make their way to the block. It's just not Toonami without some of the original faces.

I would also want DBZ and a DC Comics show (since Toonami was never just anime), but Nick still has DBZ, and I don't see any of DC's shows making it. Except maybe Young Justice.

Seda

I don't even like Gundam, but I agree. A new Gundam and that new Sailor Moon show need to make their way to the block. It's just not Toonami without some of the original faces.

I would also want DBZ and a DC Comics show (since Toonami was never just anime), but Nick still has DBZ, and I don't see any of DC's shows making it. Except maybe Young Justice.

They've said on the Tumblr that Young Justice is unlikely.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
They probably want to keep it to DC Nation in case the other shows go on breaks.

It would be pretty cool if Toonami becomes a series reviving engine. Like, somehow gets SBT, DMW, and others brought back. Maybe someday...

I wouldn't mind rewatching DBZ with you guys

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
No Dragon Balls should be on the block at this point. Shounen from the 1980s isn't necessary. The genre has moved on. Leave it be.

This answer explains a lot of things.

You bring up viable points for Champloo ratings, but still got Eureka Seven. A show that did lukewarm on it's adultswim run. With that sort of logic I guess that makes Eureka Sevens current staus the example that these ideas usually don't turn out for the better?

Eureka Seven is doing fine and again, we didn’t spend money on it. Any questions?

Well, that's why it's on in the first place.

Two, the DVD ads that are now Ben 10 ads were likely what Bandai asked for in return for airing the show.

Seda

This answer explains a lot of things.

Well, that's why it's on in the first place.

Two, the DVD ads that are now Ben 10 ads were likely what Bandai asked for in return for airing the show.

I think they had confirmed that already. Or perhaps we just speculated exactly that, either way, it's now clear why Eureka 7 is on the block.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom