• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

LycanXIII

I love that Titan almost got a mill too. Not the highest we've had for Bleach, but the fact that they carried over for 4 shows (almost five) is amazing!

Post for new page:
Feb. 23, 2013
2f7b4257c300f6055ad9d181f7abe5a0.png

ckohler

I've got up to episode 27 on Netflix. He get's a lot better, especially at Ep 10/11. I can't say that about
Excalibur
though. Still hate him from what I've seen.
FOOL!

Unlike Black★Star who grows and slowly earns the viewer's respect,
Excalibur
's only reason to exist is to annoy the audience and the other characters in the show. Period. Episode 17 in particular is going to bring about some kind of meltdown here. Lol.

(BTW, I've seen the whole series several times and have read a large chunk of the manga).

LycanXIII

Unlike Black★Star who grows and slowly earns the viewer's respect,
Excalibur
's only reason to exist is to annoy the audience and the other characters in the show. Period. Episode 17 in particular is going to bring about some kind of meltdown here. Lol.

(BTW, I've seen the whole series several times and have read a large chunk of the manga).

Drinking game for episode 09 and 17!
FOOL!
Everyone loses after the first few minutes.

looking at some of the Tumblr questions, is a good bulk of the Toonami audience made up of complete IDIOTS? christ, i'd have lost my shit if i had to keep explaining that E7 and Titan were not gone forever so many times.

looking at some of the Tumblr questions, is a good bulk of the Toonami audience made up of complete IDIOTS? christ, i'd have lost my shit if i had to keep explaining that E7 and Titan were not gone forever so many times.

Make that most audiences of anything.

The best part are people who think the DST lineup is because they "have Spike's dick in their mouth". They mentioned cost as the reason why they didn't make a major change to the lineup for one night and of course everyone thinks that's the cost of the show, not the cost of moving things around for one night only.

It's pretty sad.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
all those viewers and knowing most those shows are cancelled.... *sigh. I expect young justice to be moved to toonami soon enough as well

LycanXIII

Continuing on Soul Eater again. Got to the third
Excalibur
episode. These filler episodes are awful, and they even acknowledge it at the beginning this time.
FOOL!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Seeing the waste of space GXP on the block makes my heart ache that they didn't get Ouran instead, I mean if they're going to go with some kind of token comedy they might as well get a good one*.

* Ouran isn't good, it's the best.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Also going through Ouran with ToonamiGAF would be mindblowingly awesome. I'm sure 95% of people here would hate it at first but then become huge fans by the end of it.

I love that Titan almost got a mill too. Not the highest we've had for Bleach, but the fact that they carried over for 4 shows (almost five) is amazing!

Post for new page:
Feb. 23, 2013
2f7b4257c300f6055ad9d181f7abe5a0.png

THOSE NUMBERS!! :O

Ah, umm, Daylight Savings, yeah that's gonna hurt, looks like i'm sleeping in earlier.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That's pretty damn good for a late night Saturday Anime block.

I'm glad to see that this block was a success. What was the old AS Anime block averaging?

It's a little hard to tell because the numbers released for the old ASA block were different. These are total viewer numbers, whereas we used to normally only see in demo (18-34) numbers for Adult Swim, which would obviously only be a fraction of the total. Bleach has been near or above a million for years, though.

Fairy Tail ends at episode 175 the end of this month.

Funi better get there dubs together, make it a more possible show replacement.

Same with Future Diary, dub in May, i'm not sure if that is wanted as a replacement but still...

Raxus

I missed out on all the fun last week because of exams. I am on break this week so I am ready to type up a storm tonight.

P.S. In this week's manga news we learned Ichigo is all powerful but still doesn't do crap,
he is part everything ever apparently.

Jintor

Fairy Tail ends at episode 175 the end of this month.

Funi better get there dubs together, make it a more possible show replacement.

Same with Future Diary, dub in May, i'm not sure if that is wanted as a replacement but still...

*throws up*

We need more quality to balance out the QUALITY! on this show. Naruto's not going to get to decent animation status for another year or so. Bleach is going to endlessly be terrible unless they air movies.

I suggest Gurren Lagann. Again.

Moaradin

Looked up Gurren Lagann. I kept getting it confused with Neon Genesis Evangelion. Yea, that show looks pretty awesome. Does it have a good dub?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I thought the dub was kinda lame, but that's kinda par the course I suppose.

Kamina in particular should have sounded much more manly, and according to the VA's Livejournal he would have but was directed otherwise. Lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom