• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Is there some other reason to watch?

Debating whether or not I should post my Straw Hat character bios. I don't want to take away from all the work Raxus is doing.

How about scenes that were only shown in the manga? Like how Luffy got his face scar.

i think the placement of Sanji's depends on whether we're going by the manga or the anime.

you guys are gonna hate me but i didn't think Chopper's was all that good.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Robin > Chopper > Nami > Luffy > Sanji > Zoro > Usopp

As sad as Chopper's was, Nami's needs to go above it. Either way it always seems to be raining when I watch those episodes. You are 100% correct about #1 though, nothing will ever top that.

So far Nami's gave me the most feels. Chopper comes close. Haven't seen Robin's yet.

So many FEELS man, makes Casshern look lighthearted.

Seda

How abouts we don't tease Robins backstory for the months leading up to it. I know everybody says it's sad, but I'd rather not hear "you guys aren't ready for this, grab your tissues" or whatever for weeks and weeks.

EDIT: That's a looong way away though

Raxus

O_O so much pressure. Here is a small preview of what I have been working on. Hopefully someone can help me with the banners soon.
230px-The_Devil_Fruits_as_described_by_Morgan.jpg

Devil Fruits

Both a blessing in a curse, Devil Fruits enhance a person who eats the fruit. The power comes at a price though as person loses their ability to swim and their power are drained by bodies of water. Exceptions to this rule include being in a rain storm, snow, etc. Devil Fruits are actually quite rare because there is only one of any particular Devil Fruit in existence. Simply put, you are not going to see another rubber man besides Luffy. Once a Devil Fruit is consumed you cannot eat a second Devil Fruit to acquire more powers as well. There are three major types of Devil Fruit users: Paramecia, Zoan, and Logia.

250px-Hanahana.png

Paramecia Devil Fruit

Paramecia Devil Fruit eaters are fairly common due to the variety Paramecia fruits come in. Typically Paramecia users are granted ‘superhuman’ abilities that may seem useless to most at first glance. Turning one’s body into rubber, being able to dismember yourself, and generating hands are some prime examples of the Paramecia. Paramecia’s often only have a small bag of tricks making them predictable to fight but can push themselves even further by exploring the properties their Devil Fruit has.

Notable Paramecia Devil Fruit users: Monkey D. Luffy, Nico Robin, Buggy the Clown

250px-Birdbirdfalcon.png

Zoan Devil Fruit

Zoan Devil Fruit eaters typically are capable of transforming into another animal. Zoan eaters typically have several forms: their natural form, the fully transformed form, and the hybrid form. Zoan eaters who eat the fruit of a carnivorous specious tend to be more vicious than other Zoan type users. Zoan users typically are imbued with the strength of that species and this naturally makes them stronger in hand to hand combat.

Notable Zoan Devil Fruit Users: Tony Tony Chopper, Pell

Suna_Suna_no_Mi.gif

Logia Devil Fruit

Logia Devil Fruit users have a natural advantage over the previous two Devil Fruits. Logia users’ bodies are imbued with the characteristics of one element such as sand. Logia Devil Fruit makes the user impervious to harm by conventional means but they are by no means invincible. Since Logia users typically rely heavily on their powers for defense and never dodge, if their opponent finds their weakness then they are easy to pummel down. Logia users need training as well otherwise they will not react appropriately if a sneak attack strikes them. By exploiting an elements weakness a person can strike a Logia user as well. Crocodile’s sand could be hardened by moisture and Eneru’s electricity couldn’t pass through rubber.

Notable Logia Devil Fruit Users: Smoker, Crocodile, Eneru

-----------------------------
Keep in mind this article is just over a page and I have about 14 pages of this stuff typed up

Hope you rike it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
How abouts we don't tease Robins backstory for the months leading up to it. I know everybody says it's sad, but I'd rather not hear "you guys aren't ready for this, grab your tissues" or whatever for weeks and weeks.

EDIT: That's a looong way away though

That's fair. We should all abide by this.

Seda

O_O so much pressure.

Looks good to me. Not too vague but not too wordy. Obviously you'd want to talk about the characters before this part.

And yeah I'm no good with Photoshop, especially texts, which is why I ask for help with those in the OP.

Raxus

Looks good to me. Not too vague but not too wordy. Obviously you'd want to talk about the characters before this part.

And yeah I'm no good with Photoshop, especially texts, which is why I ask for help with those in the OP.

Most of the text is in Character bios. I am on the lookout for cool gifs as well like the Sand Sand Fruit I posted above.

If you want full arc summaries I can do those but arc summaries are a 20 page article by themselves and I think most would rather watch the series than read a mountain of text.

As is I have a short Intro, Straw Hats, Villains, and important info (Like the Devil Fruit above). The wordiest is the Straw Hats since I have to fit a ton of info like personality, fighting style, and backstory. Chopper being the worst (A WHOLE PAGE!) along with Baroque Works which I condensed into one article.
Raxus, i could edit the text if you want. took a class for this sort of thing.

Thanks man. I will PM you to share the file.

Jintor

Nah, it's like the Golden Snitch brah, it gives you an immediate 30 victory points and ends the game, but it's not an assured win

I have no idea what I'm talking about

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Less than 24 hours out, so here we go...

Tonight on Toonami, we could continue the big climactic arc of Bleach but instead here's some zany bullshit, the stakes go up in the Chuunin Exam written test as the genin gamble their futures on the final question, over on Soul Eater the kids have an encounter with (Aaoooooo!) werewolves of London, Takashi has a run in with Cunningham, Eureka reveals her past with Adrock, the Thundercats close in on the Book of Omens, Lance and Ilana get nabbed by G3, Fullmetal recaps with Hohenheim by campfire, the Bebop crew runs afoul of eco-terrorists, and finally SHIPPO FILLER rears its head at 5 am.

But the week's big event is the Adult Swim debut and Toonami return of the greatest shounen series of all-time, One Piece! The Going Merry is still on its decent after leaving Skypiea behind, but it's not long before the crew finds itself back on the Blue Sea. Soon after returning to the sea the Straw Hats arrive at the strange island of Long Ring Long Land. It's time for a new adventure for Straw Hat Luffy and his crew, only on Toonami!

12:00 - Bleach - 298 - Movie! Festival! Soul Reaper Film Fest!
12:30 - Naruto - 25 - The Tenth Question: All or Nothing!
1:00 - One Piece - 207 - Great Adventure in Long Ring Long Land!
1:30 - Soul Eater - 13 - The Man with the Magic Eye – Soul and Maka's Diverging Soul Wavelength?
2:00 - IGPX - 4 - The Ghost
2:30 - Eureka seveN - 38 - Date of Birth
3:00 - Thundercats - 6 - Journey to the Tower of Omens
3:30 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 11 - The Fortress of Deception
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 27 - Interlude Party
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 4 - Gateway Shuffle
5:00 - Inuyasha - 55 - The Stone Flower and Shippo's First Love
5:30 - Inuyasha - 56 - Temptress in the Mist

Raxus

Bleach found out its filler is better than its actual story. Now it can't get enough of it.

Stream is up to Chopper's combat style.

Seda

I hope IGPX picks up a little. I mean, I know it's going to be a tournament style racing show so I don't expect buckets of emotions or greatly interesting villains or anything, but man episode 3 was such a drag.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I hope IGPX picks up a little. I mean, I know it's going to be a tournament style racing show so I don't expect buckets of emotions or greatly interesting villains or anything, but man episode 3 was such a drag.

They could start by having the races mean shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom